This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Signal,

I've just this minute tried this new Beta and sadly this has _not_ fixed the issue. At least not for me anyway.

I will try again tomorrow as it's getting late here and just in case a machine re-start helps. I'll also do a clean install of this beta to see if that helps.

I'll update once again once I have more info.

Thanks for sticking with this guys.....

Asbac

Comment

I love a good mystery.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Actually bit of an update on the lastest PassKey beta --- It did shut down eventually !!!

I left the PC on and was doing something else for 30mins or so and when I came back I noticed the process was no longer there.

@fengtao
        This may mean I was not leaving things long enough to shut down on previous versions but also it does mean the problem still persists on v7.0.1.1 Beta -- and the "Fix: Exiting program may need a long time." does _not_ seem to have worked.

As per my post from last night, I've not had a chance to do some more meaningful tests and I will do a clean install to see if that helps.

hopefully a little closer to the solving the mystry

Comment

OK some more info. I've done a clean install of v7.0.1.1 Beta of DVDFab PassKey -- cleaned registry, etc...

The program loads fine but when I Exit the "DVDFab PassKey" is still running as a process -- it stays like this for at least a couple of minutes (not seconds) but eventually does close.

My conclusion now being the Fix that was put into this Beta version has not resolved the underlying issue --- Exiting program need a long time.

Again I'm happy to post the logs or anything required -- just let me know.

Seems getting closer :-)

Asbac

Comment

for xubin

Hope this is what you need could not post on pvt
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Guys -- sorry to bump this.

I'm running the latest version v7.0.1.5 and it still has the "very slow" exit.

I believe the dev team did try to resolve this, however the problem still persists (for me at least)

Was there any furthere news/update to this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Asbac View Post
                Hi Guys -- sorry to bump this.

I'm running the latest version v7.0.1.5 and it still has the "very slow" exit.

I believe the dev team did try to resolve this, however the problem still persists (for me at least)

Was there any furthere news/update to this ?
                Actually the latest Official release is

DVDFab 7.0.4.0 is out (April 15, 2010)

Comment

AGJ, this is Passkey forum, not DVDFab.
                  人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                  Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                    AGJ, this is Passkey forum, not DVDFab.
                    I thought something was strange with the release versions guess I should read more closely. Sorry asbac but yes that the most recent released beta for Passkey you using

Comment

@Asbac
                      Sorry we cannot reproduce the bug.

How many CDROMs in the computer? and if you disable Passkey, it will immediately exit?

Thanks for your feedback.
                      resigned

Comment

hi xubin

I have 3 DVD drives in total -->

2 Are Internal drives within the PC desktop case these are -->
                        NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A 1.01 (ATA)
                        HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GH22NS40 NL01 (ATA)

The 3rd drive is an external drive and is connected to the PC via Firewire -->
                        NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A 1.0B (1394)

If DVDFab Passkey IS enabled and I exit the process takes a long time to exit --- and if DVDFab Passkey is NOT enabled it takes a long time to exit.

I can try to help further but not sure what other information I can pass on.

Tkx

Asbac

Comment

xubin, if it would be drive related, I would have the same issue (i have over 8 drives), but I don't have it.
                          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

<BuMp>

I do like to see things through to the end so will try once more on this thread to see if there is any further news but I'll not keep on as there does not seem to be too much interest in this -- which tells me there's more important new work & fixes to be done and/or this is just not affecting that many people.

Is there anything more I can provide that would help resolve this one ??

Comment

What mode is/are your SATA controller(s) using? The ones on my XP machine are set to "legacy" and I don't see this.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The are all set as "Auto detection" with the mode as "DMA if available".

I'm sure this must be the case and I don't normally have any issues with the drives themselves or when using DVDFab or DVDFab Passkey -- just this exit issue.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Asbac

Comment

Working...
                                X