DVDFab Forum - File Conversion to h.265 Failing on SOME files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File Conversion to h.265 Failing on SOME files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • File Conversion to h.265 Failing on SOME files

    New user here - I got DVDfab for h.265 conversions and today was a test day and I hit a few issues with some files. Let me first say I am VERY impressed and HW conversions with the Nvidia 970 are fantastic (7HRs to less then 20 Mins) conversions that look great.

    I have attached a log of the offending files trying to be converted, I understand if some have issues however I am trying to setup batch processes and when it gets "Stuck" on a file it stops the batch process cold (File type is MKV).

    I have rebooted and just picked the files that caused the issues and started a new log and it seems to happen on only 10% of the files, they all play fine a look fine however I would like to have DVDfab to detect a problem and hit a timeout and go to the next one in the queue. Please review my logs and let me know of any solution. If a deeper debug is needed please let me know.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hi ByteKnight
    Please allow MediaInfo to scan a couple of the "no convert" files and supply the results here.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please allow MediaInfo to scan a couple of the "no convert" files and supply the results here.
      Please find attached the MediaInfo data from a few files that are stopping the batch process - I have reviewed them and they look fine skipping to parts of the video - most lock up in the batch (Task List / Queue) and sit for hours if I start it for overnight.

      I have also added the latest log file from DVDfab with all the issues recorded. Thank you for your time.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the feedback, we will try to duplicate your symptoms.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts

        Comment


        • #5
          Follow-Up - Using Beta 9.3.0.6 does NOT change symptom

          Originally posted by signals View Post
          Thanks for the feedback, we will try to duplicate your symptoms.
          I am working with the new Beta 9.3.0.6 and it seems to have the same issue on some files - the GUI starts the job and it follows this process;

          1. When the FPS section shows up you see 0.24 then 0.13, 0.06 then it just sits
          2. I know the conversion will finish if I see FPS above 100 and go up.
          3. GUI is in control, I hit the X on that file and it goes to the next one

          So the issue is in the Batch / Task part not the overall program locking up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Here is the difference between a Stuck conversion and one that is working:

            Bad:

            Good:

            You will see it just stops showing FPS in the program. As I said I understand if it doesn't like some files however I want it Skip to the next one so I can process the 90% that work fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Understood, you want improved error trapping for conversions, especially for batch jobs.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by signals View Post
                Understood, you want improved error trapping for conversions, especially for batch jobs.
                That is correct - Hoping to have the program "See" that a conversion is running at less then >5 frames per second or none after 60 - 120 seconds would trigger a SKIP to the next one in a batch process.

                I have found that some files have issues deeper into the conversion process and not just at the beginning of a conversion. I also suggest that it be an option since I haven't tested this process with 4K or other video since most of what I am working with are MKV / AVI / MP4 containers with 1080P content.

                Upgraded to 9.3.0.8 Beta also without issue but the behavior is the same.

                Comment

                Working...
                X