File Conversion to h.265 Failing on SOME files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Conversion to h.265 Failing on SOME files

New user here - I got DVDfab for h.265 conversions and today was a test day and I hit a few issues with some files. Let me first say I am VERY impressed and HW conversions with the Nvidia 970 are fantastic (7HRs to less then 20 Mins) conversions that look great.

I have attached a log of the offending files trying to be converted, I understand if some have issues however I am trying to setup batch processes and when it gets "Stuck" on a file it stops the batch process cold (File type is MKV).

I have rebooted and just picked the files that caused the issues and started a new log and it seems to happen on only 10% of the files, they all play fine a look fine however I would like to have DVDfab to detect a problem and hit a timeout and go to the next one in the queue. Please review my logs and let me know of any solution. If a deeper debug is needed please let me know.
    Attached Files

Hi ByteKnight
    Please allow MediaInfo to scan a couple of the "no convert" files and supply the results here.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please allow MediaInfo to scan a couple of the "no convert" files and supply the results here.
      Please find attached the MediaInfo data from a few files that are stopping the batch process - I have reviewed them and they look fine skipping to parts of the video - most lock up in the batch (Task List / Queue) and sit for hours if I start it for overnight.

I have also added the latest log file from DVDfab with all the issues recorded. Thank you for your time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, we will try to duplicate your symptoms.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Follow-Up - Using Beta 9.3.0.6 does NOT change symptom

Thanks for the feedback, we will try to duplicate your symptoms.
          I am working with the new Beta 9.3.0.6 and it seems to have the same issue on some files - the GUI starts the job and it follows this process;

1. When the FPS section shows up you see 0.24 then 0.13, 0.06 then it just sits
          2. I know the conversion will finish if I see FPS above 100 and go up.
          3. GUI is in control, I hit the X on that file and it goes to the next one

So the issue is in the Batch / Task part not the overall program locking up.

Comment

Here is the difference between a Stuck conversion and one that is working:

Bad:

Good:

You will see it just stops showing FPS in the program. As I said I understand if it doesn't like some files however I want it Skip to the next one so I can process the 90% that work fine.

Comment

Understood, you want improved error trapping for conversions, especially for batch jobs.

Comment

Understood, you want improved error trapping for conversions, especially for batch jobs.
                That is correct - Hoping to have the program "See" that a conversion is running at less then >5 frames per second or none after 60 - 120 seconds would trigger a SKIP to the next one in a batch process.

I have found that some files have issues deeper into the conversion process and not just at the beginning of a conversion. I also suggest that it be an option since I haven't tested this process with 4K or other video since most of what I am working with are MKV / AVI / MP4 containers with 1080P content.

Upgraded to 9.3.0.8 Beta also without issue but the behavior is the same.

Comment

Working...
                X