Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crashes DVDFab when attempting to start a convert...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashes DVDFab when attempting to start a convert...

So I had a DVD that had some problems ripping certain videos, it would just hang the rip. I think the audio tracks on these videos are odd. Anyway I extracted each audio track per chapter and extracted the videos using another ripping program on a per chapter basis, which didn't include audio. So I'm trying to convert the video by editing it and adding in the audio track, which plays in the preview fine. However, when I hit Start it acts like it's going to work for a second or two and then DVDFab crashes. In the log file it looks like it opens the video and audio files fine. The Application log event is attached also

Attached Files
    Last edited by signals; 05-10-2019, 02:34 PM. Reason: attached crash log as txt file, please no logs in msg area

Originally posted by Sortul View Post
    So I had a DVD that had some problems ripping certain videos, it would just hang the rip. I think the audio tracks on these videos are odd. Anyway I extracted each audio track per chapter and extracted the videos using another ripping program on a per chapter basis, which didn't include audio. So I'm trying to convert the video by editing it and adding in the audio track, which plays in the preview fine. However, when I hit Start it acts like it's going to work for a second or two and then DVDFab crashes. In the log file it looks like it opens the video and audio files fine. The Application log event is attached also
    Hi, the QA team cannot duplicate the issue. Please try the latest version DVDFab 11.0.3.0 beta out to see the result. The download links are:

Please click the Menu button at the right top corner of DVDFab screen, open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box to convert again.

Also, please test other sources to see if it is a special disc issue or to others as well.

If possible, please record a video to show us the whole process, thanks.

Comment

I apologize that it took this long, but I didn't see a notification so wasn't sure that this actually posted properly. I upgraded to the latest 11.0.3.4 and it still crashes. Same procedure as before the .m4v file here is 202 MB and the audio m4a file is just under 22 MB.

I recorded a video of the process, but it appears to be too large to attach. Instead I grabbed screenshots and numbered them with appropriate titles. Let me know if you need anything else.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please don't link images to offsite hosting, it can leave the forum record incomplete if you ever delete them. Also, in this case they are not really helpful, the logs are top priority. When DVDFab crashes while running, it will normally create a process log, please include that as well.

Tips for using images in posts: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts Video is not supported.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Not a problem, I wouldn't have thought they were needed either.

The only other logs I see are burn_internal.log, media.log, server.log and fabcheck_internal.log, none of them have a modified time of when the crash happened so not sure which one would be the process log. Is there another folder that it would have been saved in?

Comment

@Sortul , do you receive a crash report field? Please save the crash file, zip and post it here. Thanks.

As for the video of the process, you can upload it to our FTP, please check PM for FTP info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              @Sortul , do you receive a crash report field? Please save the crash file, zip and post it here. Thanks.

As for the video of the process, you can upload it to our FTP, please check PM for FTP info.
              I'm not sure what crash report field, when it crashes it crashes hard (no windows prompt/dialog). Only the Windows event log entries and the one .wer file. I've uploaded the video of the process, it is named:
              Sortul_DVDFab_Crash_Desktop 2019.06.05 - 01.57.06.01.mp4

I can upload the source video and audio file as well if you'd like? To determine if it is something particular with a combination of those two files.

Comment

Working...
              X