4k Conversions Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4k Conversions Not Working

I haven't been able to do any 4k conversions in the past few versions of the software. The conversion starts and says it's processing, but nothing actually happens. My normal non-4k conversions appear to be still working fine.

Please attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of these.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's the log from one I just tried. I let it go for 6 minutes of it sitting there doing nothing before I cancelled it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wraith1385 View Post
        Here's the log from one I just tried. I let it go for 6 minutes of it sitting there doing nothing before I cancelled it.
        Did you try other video sources for the conversion?
        From your log file, you were trying to convert: F:\Torrents\CouchPotato\Iron Man 2 (2010)\Iron Man 2.mkv, please use Mediainfo to analyze the source file and post the analysis result here.
        Also, please post the fabcheck_internal.log file.

If this problem only happened to this specific one, we will need the source video.

Comment

This is not the only file that this has happened with. It's happened with 3 different 4k files. Mediainfo analysis and fabcheck_internal log attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello, we cannot reproduce the issue of converting 4K videos to profile(MP4.4K), please update to the latest version to try again.
            If got the same issue, please feedback with the latest log file.
            Also, please upload this file Iron Man 2 (2010)\Iron Man 2.mkv to our FTP to help check it out. FTP info has been sent to your PM, please kindly check, thanks.

Comment

I have the same Problem! A .mkv file from a UHD conversation in a 720p .mkv File is not possible. DVDFab makes nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by errorflash View Post
                I have the same Problem! A .mkv file from a UHD conversation in a 720p .mkv File is not possible. DVDFab makes nothing.
                Please post dvdfab_internal and fabcheck_internal log file. Also, please upload the problematic source mkv file to us to help check it out. FTP info is sending to you via PM, please check, thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Here are the 2 files from me, the example file is uploaded to the ftp.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by errorflash View Post
                    Hello,

Here are the 2 files from me, the example file is uploaded to the ftp.
                    I've tested with your uploaded mkv source, it worked in v11.0.5.3 (X64). Please update the graphics card driver to try again, or you can disable GPU and then use Software to convert again and see the result.

Comment

So after more investigation I've discovered that the issue isn't just 4k conversions it's all H265 source files. When I disable CUDA the conversion actually starts progressing, however it takes exponentially longer since it's software only. The reason I pay for this software instead of using something like Handbrake is because of the CUDA support.

My graphics card drivers are up to date as is this software, now on version 11.0.5.4.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith1385 View Post
                        So after more investigation I've discovered that the issue isn't just 4k conversions it's all H265 source files. When I disable CUDA the conversion actually starts progressing, however it takes exponentially longer since it's software only. The reason I pay for this software instead of using something like Handbrake is because of the CUDA support.

My graphics card drivers are up to date as is this software, now on version 11.0.5.4.
                        I see, I will have our developer check the CUDA section.

Comment

Please update to the latest version of DVDFab 11 to try again and feedback, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X