This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstall Crash

Since upgrading my burn program, I no longer need Virtual Drive as it created a permanent one that is easier to load file to. When trying to uninstall 1.1.0.9, my computer crashed. I tried upgrading to 1.1.1.0, then uninstalling - had the same problem. Windows recovers with a memory dump, but no solution. Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I tried using the package uninstaller, Windows uninstaller and Glary Utilities uninstaller - all the same result. It asks for confirmation, then says Preparing to Uninstall and bam, it crashes.

Anyone else?

Tried to exit the program before uninstalling?

Comment

How could it be any easier to mount an image than Virtual Drive? No crashes here, I uninstall before installing each update, same OS as yours.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Magalhetas
        it's the same thing with me, the only diference is that i'm using xp.
        Which condition is the same, it crashes or it doesn't? Use the Quote button when referring to a post so other users can know what you meant.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by camparks View Post
          Since upgrading my burn program, I no longer need Virtual Drive as it created a permanent one that is easier to load file to. When trying to uninstall 1.1.0.9, my computer crashed. I tried upgrading to 1.1.1.0, then uninstalling - had the same problem. Windows recovers with a memory dump, but no solution. Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I tried using the package uninstaller, Windows uninstaller and Glary Utilities uninstaller - all the same result. It asks for confirmation, then says Preparing to Uninstall and bam, it crashes.

Anyone else?
          it 's the same with me, the only diference is that i'm using xp.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            No crashes here, I uninstall before installing each update, same OS as yours.
            It crashed (blue screen) for me when I tried to uninstall it from the Add/Remove program function in Windows.

Windows 7 64-bit.

Problemsignatur:
            Problemhändelsens namn: BlueScreen
            OS-version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
            Språkvariant-ID: 1053

Ytterligare information om problemet:
            BCCode: 1000007e
            BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
            BCP2: FFFFF88003FE110D
            BCP3: FFFFF880031C4518
            BCP4: FFFFF880031C3D80
            OS Version: 6_1_7600
            Service Pack: 0_0
            Product: 256_1

Filer som hjälper till att beskriva problemet:
            C:\Windows\Minidump\061810-16146-01.dmp
            C:\Users\Gummigutta\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27378-0.sysdata.xml

Läs vår sekretesspolicy online:

Om sekretesspolicyn online inte är tillgänglig kan du läsa vår sekretesspolicy offline:
            C:\Windows\system32\sv-SE\erofflps.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
              Tried to exit the program before uninstalling?
              Yes, the program was exited. In fact, I have it set to not start during Startup, so there is nothing to close unless I run it manually for some reason.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one. Those who are crashing - Do you have the same setting, for it to not start during system startup? Could this be the underlying issue?

Also, when I run the program and try to change the drives to 0, it crashes. I haven't tried adding any though.

Comment

Those who are crashing - Do you have the same setting, for it to not start during system startup? Could this be the underlying issue?

Also, when I run the program and try to change the drives to 0, it crashes. I haven't tried adding any though.
                I have it set to start when Windows starts.

Changing the number of drives to zero doesn't crash here.

Comment

I have it set to run at startup and it is always set for 2 drives on my system. I have never uninstalled the current version, so it may crash for me also now, but it never has before.

@monkeygirl
                  Got the note, thanks. I have sent it to Xubin.

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                    Sorry for the blue screen, you can delete x:\windows\system32\drivers\vdrive.sys, reboot, and then uninstall DVDFab Virtual Drive.

It would be very appricated if you could attach the minidump file in: x:\windows\Minidump\ directory.

Thank you for your feedback, we will fix the bug ASAP.
                    Pulled this from this thread:

Got to looking around after my last post. Just restarted and uninstalled successfully, after deleting the system file. So there's your solution, but not the answer as to why it is happening.

Xubin, as I the forum won't accept .dmp files, I have compressed two into a zip and attached. Let me know if you need more. One was when I tried to uninstall again, another was when I tried running the program and changing the drives to 0 down from 1 - in an attempt to then try uninstalling.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am checking this issue, thanks for the dump file.
                      resigned

Comment

The forum will now accept .dmp files as a valid attachment.

Comment

Pulled this from this thread:

Got to looking around after my last post. Just restarted and uninstalled successfully, after deleting the system file. So there's your solution, but not the answer as to why it is happening.

Xubin, as I the forum won't accept .dmp files, I have compressed two into a zip and attached. Let me know if you need more. One was when I tried to uninstall again, another was when I tried running the program and changing the drives to 0 down from 1 - in an attempt to then try uninstalling.
                          this solved the problem!!! many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X