This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Update/Install Issue 64 bit fab beta not working

Tried downloading twice and clean install,run as adm. fab 64bit beta with error report coming up but not so you can read it so I tried to send in the report to Fab but don't know if it sent it the screen was not all visible so I tried the mini and its screen was ok so sent in twice to make sure you got it.After splash screen came Fab had to close with error report I tried to copy it to a zip file but it wouldn't let me copy and paste it in so look for the file at Fab should be mine first.Graphic card up to date windows 64 bit latest version GTX1060 card 3 gig memory cuda version 6.1 computer I7 3770
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-14-2017, 03:59 AM. Reason: Remove Chinese

Same here splash screen then error report form.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Moving this thread to the proper forum. Works fine for me if I allow it through Windows Firewall. Win7 Pro x64.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Mine is working fine also. I allowed it access through the Windows Firewall. Win10 Pro x64.

Comment

Well it doesn't work for me I have Norton controlling firewall and every program I own of Fab is marked allow in the firewall settings still doesn't work even with a restart.I even turned the firewall off and it still didn't work.
          Do you have to take the regular 32 bit version of Fab off the computer?
          90312 did you get yours working?
          I am using windows 10 64 bit home latest version crash reports sent in to Fab.
          Last edited by 3dman7; 08-11-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

It coexists with the 32-bit version, no overwrite.

The 'ignore' settings in some security software are based on the path to the executable, which is different for the 64-bit version. (Program Files(x86) vs.Program Files folders).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVDFab 64bit downloaded fine and installed fine on both my tower (Windows7Pro - AMD QuadCore-64) & Laptop (Windows 10 Home - Intel 7thGenCorei7). In both cases, however, it throws an error when I launch = "failed to initialize burn engine". I tried reinstalling & rebooting - same message. I loaded a BD in the tower and it reads the disc fine and identifies the title, etc. That is all I have done with it so far - I haven't tried to burn anything.
              Suggestion: indicate the 64bit version is running in the upper left corner of the main screen right after the version #.
              Last edited by Rich86; 08-11-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks Rich, good idea on the version flag--hard to tell them apart otherwise..

Comment

Was able to copy and paste in safe mode one of the crash files that got sent to fab attached below says something can't create a file that already exists.Won't work in safe mode.

If I turn my firewall off it should work but doesn't so the purpose of sending in crash reports to Fab should show some light to why it doesn't work for me anyone at Fab reading these? mine should be the first several sent in.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 3dman7; 08-12-2017, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                    Was able to copy and paste in safe mode one of the crash files that got sent to fab attached below says something can't create a file that already exists.Won't work in safe mode.

If I turn my firewall off it should work but doesn't so the purpose of sending in crash reports to Fab should show some light to why it doesn't work for me anyone at Fab reading these? mine should be the first several sent in.
                    are your graphics card driver up to date ?? and are you running dvdfab 64bit version "as administrator "
                    also try temporary disabling your antivirus software.
                    Last edited by october262; 08-12-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Oct262:All of your questions and your things to try were answered in my posts already I tried them all.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                        Oct262:All of your questions and your things to try were answered in my posts already I tried them all.
                        did you try right clicking on the dvdfab icon - select properties - compatibility - windows 7

Comment

Tried all compatibility settings didn't work.I think the answer is in the posted crash file and those that were sent to Fab they speak of can't create a file that already exists and I am not the only one this happened to same is happening to others that posted after me and some other problems posted with drives for another so it's really something staff will need to look at the crash reports for as every computer is different in how its set up and responds to beta software.

Windows 10 version I use is 64 bits and I had no problems doing anything special when I upgraded from windows 7.Also have 64 bit version of some media players and had no trouble with anything blocking them and I had the same security program Norton for all those installs using it's own firewall.

Another weird thing is if you take all version 10 software off your computer then load version the 64bit version only it still don't run but then if you load on version 1051 second to the hard drive when you click the 64bit version it runs the fab version 1051 so that's really strange and if you do a slow install to change folders it don't work with fab 64bit.

So theirs something not right with it for people using my config.
                          Norton is not blocking anything Fab even Norton firewall shut off it doesn't work and windows firewall is off because Norton has it's own firewall and I even checked the windows firewall it said fab was allowed for both home and outside home networks so even though its off it still set to allow fab through.Now if theirs separate 64bit settings in windows or Norton that need setting then I can't find them.
                          Last edited by 3dman7; 08-12-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Warning(Error) Message

Rich64: I think I have exactly the same.

"Failed to initialize the burning engine.

If you just installed the product, please restart your PC to see the result, or
                            else please reinstall the product."

This keeps coming. Every time I luanch.

Something wrong on my PC settings. But I cant find them.

Apple MacPro 5.1 / OS X 10.9 Mavericks
                            Bootcamp Windows7 64bit

Comment

Hi, some feedback below following a quick rip and conversion test.

DVDFab 10050beta (x64 bit) successfully downloaded and installed on P/C running Windows 7 64 bit system and Norton 360 (did not change any settings).

1. Each time V10_64 bit opens the "failed to initialize burn engine" message is displayed (see attached). Close the message and Fab runs OK but I have not tried to burn a disc (the two disc drives appear correctly in common settings). Reinstall and reboot do not fix the error.

2. V10_64 is very slow when compared to V9321. Results of a couple of tests to compare performance using the same app and rip/conversion settings (including all GPUs disabled checked [all 'software'] and lightning-recoding unchecked):

- Rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D MP4 in V10_64bit: 6 hours, 6 minutes (with same settings in V9321 the rip takes 3 hours, 21 minutes)
                              - Convert a .mkv SBS file to MP4 in V10_64bit: 4 hours, 10 minutes (with same settings in V9321 the conversion takes 2 hours, 24 minutes)

A significantly slower performance. I realise there are faster options but I get consistently better results when compressing with all GPUs disabled. I believe a similar performance issue also still exists in original DVDFab 10 (reported in detail many months ago) which is why I have continued to use V9321. Internal logs for the rips are attached.

3. The error in the language track drop-down is still present. Hover over the box and the track display changes to the last track in the list not the track that is checked. It does not impact the task but is mis-leading. It is also still an issue up to V10051 (it works 'correctly' or better in V9)

For me there is no noticeable difference between V10051 and V10050(64bit) except that the 64bit version appears to be slower.

I hope this helps. Unfortunately I am going away and unable to do any further testing for several weeks.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X