Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Bring back timestamp to Preview window!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Bring back timestamp to Preview window!

I'm running the latest version of DVDFab 64 10.0.6.8 and the preview window no longer shows the timestamp.
    I'm wondering if this is a scaling problem on my PC or if you guys removed it altogether.

I need the timestamp to help me verify which Subtitles to choose since I direct render them. I know at what time in the movie the subtitles happen but without being able to see the time, I can't verify if I've chosen the correct subtitle.

Can you please let me know if I just have a scaling problem on my display and can't see the timestamp any more or if you did remove that feature.
    And if you did remove it, can you add it back.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab1.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	345161
    Last edited by FQs19; 11-29-2017, 03:22 PM.

This may be a scaling or rendering issue on your PC. It is normal for me on v10.0.6.8 x64. My desktop is 1920x1080. Let's see if others notice this, if so please add to this thread. What is your desktop size setting?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 TIMESTAMP.png Views:	1 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	345163

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This may be a scaling or rendering issue on your PC. It is normal for me on v10.0.6.8 x64. My desktop is 1920x1080. Let's see if others notice this, if so please add to this thread. What is your desktop size setting?

Click image for larger version Name:	1-011 TIMESTAMP.png Views:	1 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	345163
      Thanks for the info.
      I'm going to try and adjust my resolution and scaling options.

If I can't get it to work, I'll post back.

Comment

So I found out the problem is with Windows 10 scaling.
        However, I can not fix it without your help.

I use 225% scaling on my windows 10 pc which is connected to an 55" LG C7P Oled tv.
        With those settings, I can not see the timestamp.
        The only way I can see the timestamp is to make the scaling 100%.
        But if I do that then the font is way too small to read anything on my tv from 8ft away.

I'm attaching a photo of the preview window with 200% scaling and you can see the very top portion of the timestamp.

Can you please adjust the preview window properties so that I can use any scaling % that I want?

Thank You

Name:	dvdfab1.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	345221

Name:	dvdfab2.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	345222
        Attached Files

Comment

Any chance of getting this scaling problem fixed?
          Or at least reverting the changes made to the preview window?

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
            Or at least reverting the changes made to the preview window?
            Hello,

Do you mean that you don't have the scaling problem with old versions of DVDFab?

Maybe you can go to "Advanced display setting > Advanced sizing of text and other items" to give "seta custom scaling level" a try and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
            mona

Comment

I did not have a scaling problem pre 10.0.6.8.
              I believe Signals mentioned they repositioned the controls which moved the timestamp.
              So now with my scaling set at 225%, I can't see the timestamp.
              I would need to make my scaling 150% or smaller to see the timestamp and that just won't work with my tv and seating position.

I've tried changing settings in the Nvidia control panel but nothing helped.

Comment

The new 10.0.7.2 64bit version still has this scaling problem on the preview window.
                Any chance you can resolve this issue?

Comment

Is there any plan to fix the scaling problem with regards to the Preview window?
                  I'm on the latest version 10.0.7.6 and it still isn't properly displaying the preview window.
                  I have my Windows 10 PC set to 225% scaling and the preview window is zoomed in which means I can't see the time stamp.
                  Again, this wasn't an issue prior to 10.0.6.8.

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
                    Is there any plan to fix the scaling problem with regards to the Preview window?
                    I'm on the latest version 10.0.7.6 and it still isn't properly displaying the preview window.
                    I have my Windows 10 PC set to 225% scaling and the preview window is zoomed in which means I can't see the time stamp.
                    Again, this wasn't an issue prior to 10.0.6.8.
                    I will have the developers look into this.

Regards,
                    mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I will have the developers look into this.

Regards,
                      mona
                      Thank You

Comment

Hello FQs19,

The problem you reported is fixed, you can wait for the official update or give this special version a try.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
                        Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Hello FQs19,

The problem you reported is fixed, you can wait for the official update or give this special version a try.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
                          Mona
                          Excellent news.
                          It's only crashed once since installing it so far.
                          So I'll just wait for the official release.

Thank you for solving the problem.

Comment

I just installed this special version to see if it did allow me to see the timestamp with my scaling set at 225% and I can confirm that it does work.
                            I look forward to this being released in the official version soon.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                            X