No announcement yet.

DVDfab will not start after iTunes installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go back in time with windows restore to a date before you had the problem then restore update security program any any other added files or programs.If it happens again it has to be something added after the restore.When doing a clean install of Fab its best to delete all files when the program asks you to save settings answer no and clean the computer with the free version of ccleaner use the file cleaner check mark clean old prefetch data on the right side then do a registry clean with this program do it several times till nothing comes up then download a fresh Fab installer from the Fab download page only install as admin.

Comment

Note that the user already re-imaged his system to a time before the iTunes update with no positive results, so a restore point would likely not be effective either. bonedoctor , for now just try the suggestions from Mona and 90312 and report the results.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well . . . I finally got DVDfab running again after startup. It looks like iTunes and Apple baggage associated with the install was not the culprit. The culprit appears to be 'Web Companion" . . . I say appears because the only way to know for sure would be to reinstall it and see if it takes out DVDfab. Let me summarize the steps taken: When DVDfab would not start, the log file entry suggested that the program was hanging while attempting to access a registry entry, so I presumed that a registry keys had been corrupted. I performed a system restore using a disk image acquired prior to loading the iTunes package then uninstalled any other suspicious programs (using the uninstall function within Windows 10) . Upon starting the system up again, DVDfab initiated properly. However, after a restart once again DVDfab would not initiate. I performed another system restore, but this time used an uninstaller program, 'Revo Uninstaller' to clean out all "Web Companion' residuals in the registry. I also disabled most of the startup programs. These last two steps did the trick and, as I mentioned above, DVDfab is now running properly. My advice to others is: 1) Routinely back up your system. If you are not doing so, you're asking for trouble. 2) Get an uninstaller program. The Windows 10 uninstall function is not adequate to remove malicious software (perhaps Microsoft's Malicious software removal tool would have picked this up, but a full scan takes many hours).

Comment

I rdeleeted fab64 and reinstalled it now it works but it says theres a new update and theres not and it wont even let me download update but its working

Comment

Working...
          X