Crash after reading bluray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash after reading bluray

I have installed the trial version but so far have been unable to assess how it works as i cant get past the disk analysis stage.
    The program starts ok and when a disc is inserted a box pops up saying something about cloud server.
    This then changes to analysing disk.
    This goes on for a while then the pop up box disappears quickly followed by the main window.
    There is no error message.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but always the same result.
    i have tried several different disks but always the same result.

There are 2 entries in windows event view.
    The first is:
    Faulting application name: DVDFab64.exe, version: 11.0.3.1, time stamp: 0x5cdd4741
    Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000006dd27
    Faulting process ID: 0x3298
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5106afe6a13d0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\DVDFab64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\MSVCR120.dll
    Report ID: 609d852f-f3d8-45e4-af24-9cf5f1e66066
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

There is also several of these which is probably related:
    The certificate received from the remote server has not validated correctly.
    The error code is 0x80092013.
    The TLS connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.

I noticed there was an update released to day but i get the same result.
    I have attached a copy of the DVD fab logs after i reinstalled and tried a gain.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

One thing that DVVDFab absolutely requires for the trial or registered version is unrestricted access to the internet, which is not available on your PC. It must be able to reach the servers that supply the decryption data needed to open the disc you are trying to copy.,and when it can't, the results is what you are seeing. Please check the settings and log files of any antivirus/protection software and tell it to ignore DVDFab and its components.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

DVDFab is not blocked from the internet.
      No other application are complaining about internet access.
      There are exclusions in the firewall to allow all connections from any of the DVDfab components and when DVDFab is running it appears in the list of applications which are accessing the internet.
      I have also tried with the firwall disabled with the same result.
      If there were no internet access wouldn't there be some kind of warning instead of simply crashing.
      I have also tried with my a/v disabled.
      As a further test I copied a bluray to my hard drive using a third party app but did not decrypt it.
      I tried DVDFab in ripper mode and selected the folder containing the extracted disk.
      It read the folder ok but when it started to rip to mp4 it got to 2% and then stopped saying operation complete but nothing was generated.
      I have also tried installing it onto my desktop PC with exactly the same result and the same error in event viewer.
      Seems I am destined not to use DVDFab.
      In case it is relevant both computers are running Windows 10 Pro version1809 with all updates installed.

Comment

Please note that: 1) Your internal log is full of connection errors. 2) No one else is reporting this. Perhaps try updating DVDFab to the latest release. I will send a link for your thread to the developers
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Now this is wierd.
          The work college who originally put me on to DVDFab found the install file for version 11022 that he downloaded a while ago.
          I installed that and it worked perfectly.
          I then installed the latest version and bang - back to same problem!!

what has changed between these versions?

I assume the connection errors relate to the numerous certificate errors in windows event viewer.
          They occur at the same time as dvdfab is run.

The certificate received from the remote server has not validated correctly.
          The error code is 0x80092013.
          The TLS connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.

Comment

As a follow up I have got to the bottom of this problem.
            This information may help others in the future.

To summarise version 11022 worked but 11031 would just crash without any warning after reading disk.

Windows event viewer listed the following error:
            Faulting application name: DVDFab64.exe, version: 11.0.3.1, time stamp: 0x5cdd4741
            Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f83ff
            Exception code: 0xc0000409
            Fault offset: 0x000000000006dd27
            Faulting process ID: 0x5dc
            Faulting application start time: 0x01d517b9fda60bfa
            Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\DVDFab64.exe
            Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\MSVCR120.dll
            Report ID: c4519604-fcf0-4b3c-b001-1b6a9e5ae3a9
            Faulting package full name:
            Faulting package-relative application ID:

There were also several certificate validation errors:
            The certificate received from the remote server has not validated correctly. The error code is 0x80092013. The TLS connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.
            The certificate refered to www.dvdfabstore.com

Although DVDFab was able to access the internet windows was unable to verify the certificate at the remote server that DVDFab was trying to connect to and disabled the TLS connection that DVDFab was requesting.

This was due to windows local security authentication service (lsass.exe) being blocked from internet access.
            This service is used to verify remote server connections but if you have only a single PC or are part of a workgroup (typical domestic environment) lsass.exe does not require internet access.

This process has been associated with virus attacks in the past.

I can only assume DVDFab changed the way it accessed the remote server after version 11022 which worked perfectly with lsass.exe blocked to the internet.
            After unblocking lsass.exe the newer version worked without crashing.

Comment

DaveG27 We have made some improvement in the latest version, please kindly update to try again and feedback, thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X