LiveUpdate fails updating DVDFab 12 (x64) from 12.0.6.1 to 12.0.6.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldManInFL View Post
    I updated from your web site!. The file Plcore.dll looks like a file from Norton 360 Security.
    I will have the QA team test with Norton 360 Security and see if they will get the problem. It could be the file Plcore.dll got deleted by the security software.

Comment

FYI, updates from within StreamFab do work! The problem appears before the prompt by Windows to allow for the update to process.

Comment

PLEASE can this issue be fixed? Still broken at version 12.0.6.8. The log file is clearly reporting MD5 inconsistency errors
        "The file's MD5 is inconsistent!, file=C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update\unzipTemp\L iveUpdate.exe, md5=PTàâ"

Another log file attached, please open it and read the errors. :-(

Attached Files

Comment

FYI, updates from within StreamFab do work! The problem appears before the prompt by Windows to allow for the update to process.
          Nope. You can launch DVDFab with full administrative permissions and the OTA updates still fail. This is not a permission problem. It is related to the MD5 hashing operations as clearly shown in the log files that have submitted numerous times regarding this issue.
          Last edited by Mackspower; 04-15-2022, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackspower View Post
            PLEASE can this issue be fixed? Still broken at version 12.0.6.8. The log file is clearly reporting MD5 inconsistency errors
            "The file's MD5 is inconsistent!, file=C:\Users\[user name]\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update\unzipTemp\L iveUpdate.exe, md5=PTàâ"

Another log file is attached, please open it and read the errors. :-(
            The MD5 inconsistency errors were because the MD5 file in your installer is not the same as the one we released.

The developer wants to remote access your PC to check it out. Please let me know If you are willing to do that.
            Please contact me through Online chat regarding the remote access, the online chat is available Monday to Friday, time zone UTC +8.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The MD5 inconsistency errors were because the MD5 file in your installer is not the same as the one we released.

The developer wants to remote access your PC to check it out. Please let me know If you are willing to do that.
              Please contact me through Online chat regarding the remote access, the online chat is available Monday to Friday, time zone UTC +8.
              Hello - no, I do not want to allow remote access to my computer. However, I would be happy to provide whatever logs, zipped directories etc, the developer would need.

I am only using the OTA updates or directly downloading the off-line installer. If the hashes don't match, isn't that a source issue? Anyway, happy to help but no remote connections.

Comment

We tested with Norton 360 Security On, and could not duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackspower View Post

Hello - no, I do not want to allow remote access to my computer. However, I would be happy to provide whatever logs, zipped directories etc, the developer would need.

I am only using the OTA updates or directly downloading the off-line installer. If the hashes don't match, isn't that a source issue? Anyway, happy to help but no remote connections.
                  We are not sure from which version the incorrect MD5 problem happens, according to the developer, there was a problem with a certain version, but it was not because of the MD5, and that problem has been fixed thereafter.
                  So the suggestion here is to do a complete uninstall of DVDFab 12, maybe use a third-party tool like CCleaner to remove all related files, and then download a fresh offline version from our website to see if the issue can be fixed in the future version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                    @oldManInFL and @rdgrimes
                    The developer checked your log files and in both of your cases, the Plcore.dll got changed which resulted in the online update failure.
                    And the developer suspected that your installer before the update was not from DVDFab website.
                    Do you still recall where you download it? If yes, please offer us more info, so that we can get the same one to try to duplicate the issue, so as to correct it.
                    Thank you for your cooperation again.
                    How many different ways do we have to tell you that the problem is sourced to YOUR update. Prior to the issue, I only ever used the live update route, so where ELSE could it have come from? Has somebody hacked your web server?

Anyways, doing a full uninstall and fresh install seems to have resolved this, for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X