(version 4.0.2.6) Tubi shows as Trial version on Lifetime license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(version 4.0.2.6) Tubi shows as Trial version on Lifetime license

Why are Tubi and dTV showing as trial versions on my lifetime license of StreamFab? I bought the All-in-one license.

Originally posted by dnlnnhs View Post
    Why are Tubi and dTV showing as trial versions on my lifetime license of StreamFab? I bought the All-in-one license.
    Did you purchase it before they added those two services?
    When they add more services you have to purchase the new services.
    Your license cover the services that were included at the time of purchase.

Comment

Did you buy it during the promotional period when it originally launched as DRMDownloader back in July or was your purchase more recent? The All-in-one license only gets you the sites that are supported at the time of buying. Any additional sites that get added will require buying their own lifetime license if you want to use them. If the sites were added within 30 days of your original purchase however you may be able to open a support ticked to get them at no extra charge.

If you did buy in during the July promotional period then you can also open a support ticket but I've found that missing licenses for the non-adult services usually resolve itself after a few days.
      Last edited by -Blaze\; 11-08-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wemickna View Post
        Did you buy it during the promotional period when it originally launched as DRMDownloader back in July or was your purchase more recent? The All-in-one license only gets you the sites that are supported at the time of buying. Any additional sites that get added will require buying their own lifetime license if you want to use them. If the sites were added within 30 days of your original purchase however you may be able to open a support ticked to get them at no extra charge.

If you did buy in during the July promotional period then you can also open a support ticket but I've found that missing licenses for the non-adult services usually resolve itself after a few days.
        Absolutely correct.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by dnlnnhs View Post
          When did you buy your All-In-One license?

-Blaze\ is correct, except for the timing. It was March, not July.

if we purchased StreamFab before DVDFab changed the license scheme in March, all future (non-adult) services would be included for free.

For the All-In-One, IF you purchased StreamFab All-In-One, after that March cut over, You'd only get access to those services that were available at the time you purchased the All-In-One. If a new one was released after you got the all-in-one, you'd need to purchase it separately, but it would be discounted some. There also may be some accommodations if a new service comes out during your "30-Day Money Back Guarantee period" but I'd refer you to this thread-> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-new-purchases

Where are you located? Because even if included, dTV only works in Japan.

Comment

Oh yeah, March, my mistake. I couldn't remember when it launched so was just going off when the first official release thread was created "Introducing DVDFab Downloader, an all new product!". I'd correct it but I don't have the option to edit that post anymore. When a mod/admin sees this thread if you could add a strike through to my misinformation I'd appreciate it. I apologize.
            Last edited by -Blaze\; 11-08-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I bought it 30 days ago - and those were added a few weeks ago - So the lifetime all-in-one license doesn't provide any new downloaders that are added in the future? Just what was there when you paid for it? Would have been good to know at the start

Comment

That is correct. The cutoff was March 10 as I recall. You do get the new ones you buy at a discount off of the list price for a brief period. I think the discount is 50%. It should show in your Member Center account main page.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The "Lifetime" part gives you perpetual feature updates and bug fixes for those specific site downloaders for one price, without having to pay anything additional. The all-in-one part means you're getting everything that's currently supported when you buy it at the discounted price compared to buying each site module individually. Its actually really awesome of them since traditionally companies will charge for a new lifetime license anytime a whole new version comes out (StreamFab 5 is in the works but will be included with you license, same thing has been common place with new versions of DVDFab). Its amazing that they even offer lifetime licenses at all for StreamFab given the nature of having to constantly put work into battling updated protections on streaming sites. They could easily change their policy and make StreamFab exclusive to DVDFab 365 but I guess they empathize with people like me who hate having to essentially rent software, plus people are already paying monthly for the streaming services and their internet access. I can understand a bit of frustration if you're expectations were a bit different going in though. Just know that its actually a way better deal then you could expect from basically any other software developer. Just look at how Adobe is now exclusively subscription based. I wont get anything extra from it aside from some skins for DVDFab but as soon as I have the extra cash again I'm going to buy a year of 365 to keep supporting development.
                  Last edited by -Blaze\; 11-08-2021, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X