This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
    ... but I have no idea how to tell support or reconfigure the program itself to fix it.
    It seems the developer also has no idea of how to resolve the issue. All we know is they have been made aware of the issue. We don't even know for certain if they have even tried. Perhaps they tried and found it is something they cannot resolve on their end. Or???

Whether or not there might be a resolution in a future release seems to be a closely guarded secret. The lack of communication is appalling.
    Last edited by flylow+; 09-07-2024, 07:05 AM.

Comment

With the last update to 6.1.9.7 it seems most of the problems I was experiencing have been improved immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by tilu3303 View Post
        With the last update to 6.1.9.7 it seems most of the problems I was experiencing have been improved immensely.
        Are you trying to say that you can now download from Peacock whereas previously you couldn't? Or are you just giving a general review of 6.1.9.7?

Comment

I'm thinking your results might be just coincidence. Sometimes a download or 3 will succeed without issue. Other times even more than a dozen attempts for one result in failures. Seems to be completely random when downloading MSNBC shows.

If you've managed to download a dozen or 3 dozen videos, including some MSNBC videos, without issue then it looks like the situation might be resolved for you.

I just tried and it took 3 tries to download a MSNBC video before I was successful. The "Not Found, code 203"issue persists for me. But I was able to download all 4 episodes of Lonesome Dove (1989) and couple others without any issues.

Whether or not there might be a resolution in a future release seems to be a closely guarded secret. The lack of communication from the streamfab folks is appalling.

Comment

I haven't tried any MSNBC videos, but I had struggled to get a lot of the Being Erica series, trying as many as 20 times to get several of the episodes. With 6.1.9.7 I was able to download the entire series with only 1 hiccup, which was a double-the-normal bitrate file (as opposed to a "failure" as I had experienced much of before). Once there was an 8 GB file stuck in the temp folder, the failure rate went up to about 20% with another series that I tried, which is still quite a bit better than I had experienced prior. Once I cleared the files in "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder, it has not missed a beat since.

I haven't watched MSNBC in a couple decades. I thought it was mostly political, and I've dropped everything political. What's a program I should try to download?

Comment

I haven't tried any MSNBC videos, but I had struggled to get a lot of the Being Erica series, trying as many as 20 times to get several of the episodes. With 6.1.9.7 I was able to download the entire series with only 1 hiccup, which was a double-the-normal bitrate file (as opposed to a "failure" as I had experienced much of before). Once there was an 8 GB file stuck in the temp folder, the failure rate went up to about 20% with another series that I tried, which is still quite a bit better than I had experienced prior. Once I cleared the files in "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder, it has not missed a beat since.

I haven't watched MSNBC in a couple decades. I thought it was mostly political, and I've dropped everything political. What's a program I should try to download?
              Try to download a few episodes of Morning Joe. You don't have to watch them just see if have any issues when downloading. I watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC and even a bit of OAN - I seem to find myself agreeing and disagreeing with at least some of the discussions on all of them.

I was just able to download a couple on the first try but then a fail.

I'm going back to 6.1.9.6, it seemed a bit better to me.

6.1.9.6 seems to be doing OK, perhaps Peacock fixed/changed something on their end. dunno

Hope it lasts!
              Last edited by flylow+; 09-08-2024, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Wilson.Wang
                Just tried another 3 MSNBC show downloads in 6.1.9.6.. First two succeeded first try, third one only took 3 attempts. Pretty doggone good considering what it's been for about the last 2 months.

Windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.4037
                Comcast/Xfinity Seattle WA
                Cloudfare DNS Settings
                IPv4 1.1.1.1 primary 1.0.0.1 secondary
                IPv6 2606:4700:4700::1111 primary 2606:4700:4700::1001 secondary​

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Try to download a few episodes of Morning Joe. You don't have to watch them just see if have any issues when downloading. I watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC and even a bit of OAN - I seem to find myself agreeing and disagreeing with at least some of the discussions on all of them.

I was just able to download a couple on the first try but then a fail.

I'm going back to 6.1.9.6, it seemed a bit better to me.

6.1.9.6 seems to be doing OK, perhaps Peacock fixed/changed something on their end. dunno

Hope it lasts!
                  I only saw three Morning Joe episodes to download, and my experience was like yours. The first two were fine and the third one failed. I noted that when a did the retry, the folder that holds the segment folders and tmp files was completely cleaned. The retry worked without a hitch. A clean temp folder (when not actively downloading or concatenating) is consistent with best results in my experience.

Comment

Tried Homicide Life on the Streets in 6196. Normally I get download speeds of 200+ Megabytes a second, this started out at maybe 3 KB/s then topped out at maybe 20 Mb/s. After the download finished, it failed. No reason, just, FAILED.

After the failure, nothing within Peacock wanted to analyze. Clicking on shit, it just simply played.

Comment

Nothing on this program works the way it should; it's hit-and-miss.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                        Tried Homicide Life on the Streets in 6196. Normally I get download speeds of 200+ Megabytes a second, this started out at maybe 3 KB/s then topped out at maybe 20 Mb/s. After the download finished, it failed. No reason, just, FAILED.

After the failure, nothing within Peacock wanted to analyze. Clicking on shit, it just simply played.
                        SF developer seems stumped, and no more replies from SF support on the status of Peacock.
                        So I guess go else where for Peacock.
                        I could not find another program that wants to deal with downloading from Peacock.
                        Not sure why, maybe because it's Comcast/NBC ??
                        Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Wilson.Wang​​

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
                          ..., maybe because it's Comcast/NBC ??

Same thought here. Wish the folks at Streamfab would let us know what they were able to determine is/;was the cause.

Just did nine downloads of MSNBC shows as a test. All nine succeeded. Added all nine to queue then downloaded all.

No idea for sure who fixed the issue but pure conjecture on my part makes me think it is/was a Comcast/Xfinity server issue. With literally no communication from the folks at Streamfab the chances of finding out is pretty much zero.

Perhaps the issue will be resolved by Comcast/Xfinity in other areas of the country one server at a time. dunno

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the issue is now resolved for the Seattle area.

I am not willing to try 6.1.9.7 again just in case it might screw things up again. For all we know it still could be a Streamfab issue so the cause will most likely remain another secret.

NO VPN
                          Windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.4037
                          Comcast/Xfinity Seattle WA
                          Cloudfare DNS Settings
                          IPv4 1.1.1.1 primary 1.0.0.1 secondary
                          IPv6 2606:4700:4700::1111 primary 2606:4700:4700::1001 secondary​​
                          Last edited by flylow+; 09-10-2024, 10:15 AM.

Comment

You guys have me stumped....I've done over 200 downloads in the last few days without a single failure. 6.1.9.7
                            I would say it has to be a regional issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
                              You guys have me stumped....I've done over 200 downloads in the last few days without a single failure. 6.1.9.7
                              I would say it has to be a regional issue.
                              Have you taken the time to read the thread...

Seems to depend on location.

Perhaps ISP might have something to do with it. dunno.

Folks at Streamfab apparently cannot figure out how to resolve the issue. They are still being quite secretive, perhaps they have given up and do not want to admit defeat. dunno

It's been an issue for some, but not all, for so long now that I would be very surprised if they are able to resolve it in the next few releases.

The issue seems to depend on geographic location in the USA and mostly the MSNBC shows.​ Issue is happening for some, but not all,US residents who do not use a VPN or proxy.

No issues with The Secret Lives of Pets 1 and 2 for me either, just downloaded to test because of your post. Was being discussed in the original thread that Wilson.Wang closed and asked that we start a new thread about the MSNBC shows issue. Since, for at least some of us, having the issue it is as it's the same discussion so, unfortunately, re-posting the fact about the info about it being mostly MSNBC shows was overlooked.

Has been occurring since 6.1.9.0 for me and clean uninstalls and even installing on my second computer that Streamfab had never been installed on.

Post 77 at at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...943#post447943

" Well, that ruined my morning.

You are right, there's a problem with Morning Joe and probably the rest of MSNBC (I haven't checked yet). But unlike you, I'm seeing the 0% and 0 segments problem from before 6.1.9.3. I tried all the usual tricks and finally went to my VPN to Boston. Boston finally made it work.

Wilson.Wang, please have the developer try to fix Peacock again. It appears that there is a problem with shows that originate on MSNBC. Go to the bottom of https://www.msnbc.com/ for a list of shows."

Post 126 at at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...435#post448435

" Hi,

I will close the thread.

Please try to do a clean uninstall and install first.

Please start a new thread and post the new log file if you still have the problem when downloading videos from Peacock with the latest version 6194.

Please tell us the details if you connected via VPN"

​​​

Where in the USA are you located? As stated before not everyone in the USA experiences the issue. I still doubt if it affects any/many that are overseas and use a VPN or proxy but I think it is possible though unlikely per what has been posted.

The 203 Issue does not affect all Peacock shows for me. Mostly the MSNBC shows but also a few others.

As has been stated the 203 Issue seems to depend on the geographic location in the USA of the server that one is connected to. As he has posted several times Cats4U​ can successfully use a VPN and connect to Boston without issue but has issues when connected to other locations.

I have issues in the Seattle area.​ I do not use a VPN, Peacock is in the USA and those in the USA should not have to use a VPN or proxy in order to download some, but not all, of the shows on Peacock. The last reply to my support ticket 2 days ago was "the developer is working on it".

I can play the ones that fail in both Firefox and Chrome without issue. The ones that fail to download while using Streamfab might succeed on the 2nd or 3rd try or continue to fail even after a dozen times but then succeed later on.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

No cross for you. I've said from near the beginning of the problem that it was a Peacock CDN issue. My theory is that some of the CDNs have been changed in some way that SF has trouble communicating with them. Boston is not the only VPN server I can connect to a CDN that is able to communicate with SF, but it is the most consistent for me. 100%, to be exact. Others are hit or miss. This might go along with JBinkley60's comments on session tracking. One thing is certain, the Peacock CDN that is local to me is one of the ones that have changed, and my connection to it for a download is now always 0%. The SF developer should be able to trace what is different between the CDN that works and the one that doesn't and make the necessary corrections. With that in mind, I have already sent in examples of my StreamFab.log from both working (Boston VPN) and non-working (local) sessions.

Last edited by flylow+; 09-10-2024, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I've been busy, so I haven't had time to do any extensive testing. The last two days of my regular downloading of Days of Our Lives for my wife, I was able to download (for the first time in a long time) those two episodes without any problem and without having to VPN to Boston. When I get the chance, I'll do some extra testing.

Comment

Working...
                                X