Img_burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Img_burn

My PC decided to go goofy the other day, possibly because of a Windows Update. After 2 days & no resolution from HP Support (as usual), I took it all the way back to 8.1

Got mostly everything reinstalled & working properly (Hopefully), but Norton Security won't let me download & re-install IMG_BURN!

I even tried turning of Norton & download to a USB drive, but no go. Safe Web won't even load the IMG_BURN webpage sometimes.

Suggestions?

try here - http://www.videohelp.com/software/ImgBurn

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Thank You!!

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        It puts the really old version on though

Latest version is full of adware & gets booted by Norton

Comment

Try this link for the ImgBurn website:

It will still have some crap that you must choose NOT to install, read the installer pages carefully.
          Attached Files
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Imgburn

Imgburn is a superb program. I always stay with the most current version. Yes - you have to pay attention when installing to avoid getting stuff you don't want - like so many other program releases these days. Personally I'd boot Norton & just stick to MS Security Essentials.

Comment

Both Avira and Malwarebytes tried to quarantine the installer. Had to turn Avira off, Malwarebytes at least has an "Allow Once" button. I agree with Rich86, ImgBurn is the best.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is a little trick to get around this problem.
                The culprit is the file OCSetupHlp.dll, which is infected with PUA/OpenCandy.Gen.
                Whether this is indeed a problem is a mute point and many a discussion has taken place over this. Scanning IMGBurn.exe at Virustotal gives a 19/52 detection ratio.
                Like you Signals I use Avira which jumps on it, Kaspersky says it's fine.

If you can download it to another computer, or turn your AV of till you get it, then do this.
                Use 7zip, I guess other zip programs will do it too, to unzip the IMGBurn.exe to a folder, and in the plugins folder you will find OCSetupHlp.dll, just delete it. Also no need to install IMGBurn, simply run it from the folder it was unzipped into. It will work fine from there.

Comment

Good advice Flabber, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Can't get rid of ad ware

Hello, I tried to get the latest version of Img Burn and while I had to shut off my AVG and MWB to get the program, there was nothing that allowed me to "opt out" when doing the install. The EULA has 2 parts... part A was the original program and part B was all the ad junk.
                    Since it wasn't a zip file, there was no way to find and delete anything of the suggestions mentioned.
                    When I turned on AVG and MWB, malware alarm and virus alarm and quarantine and delete, program won't run.
                    Open Candy won't reply to me. I have an older version on my system that is ad free.
                    Any way to get rid of ad ware for good?
                    Thanks

Comment

Select custom install and uncheck the box, if you select express install you're not given the chance to opt out.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

img burn

I guess that there are different loaders for the program. I tried the one from the Img Burn web site and all I got was one check box to get the install to start. Otherwise greyed out.
                        If there are only one or two features different, then no big deal.
                        I could try it again, but I don't hold any hope. Was trying it on my Win 10 laptop that doesn't have anything important on it should something happen.
                        Thank you for your quick response.

Comment

Mine is dated April, 2014 2.5.8.0 and the install looks like this:
                          Attached Files
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Img Burn

Thank you for your patience. I looked at the picture and What I got was nothing like that. Just the standard EULA with just the one box to accept and install.
                            I can try to d/l it again with AVG and MWB temp disabled and try to install again, although, I don't have high hopes with my luck.
                            Again, thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Img Burn

Just tried it, and the date of the program is 16th June 2013 from the web site. You said that yours was a later date. Where did you get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X