No announcement yet.

HBOMax not Max not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Idea when MAX Module will be available?

Comment

Originally posted by CptZosimus View Post
      Any Idea when MAX Module will be available?
      Posted earlier......

DVDFab Forum - Streamfab and HBOMax

Comment

So now that HBO changed its name again we need a new module? Guess they changed more than a name. Mine is HBOMAX which then sends you to the MAX website but none of those movies work with streamfab.

Comment

This has been well established in other recent posts here on this forum. It has been implied by Wilson.Wang that this will be corrected in the next update release.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            This has been well established in other recent posts here on this forum. It has been implied by Wilson.Wang that this will be corrected in the next update release.
            That statement was made 2 updates ago. At least on the Mac version 2 updates ago. I am up to version 6.1.2.5 released today with the same issue and I see more streamers are adapting the DASH MPD format that is killing the app. MAX last week for me and now Peacock.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post

That statement was made 2 updates ago. At least on the Mac version 2 updates ago. I am up to version 6.1.2.5 released today with the same issue and I see more streamers are adapting the DASH MPD format that is killing the app. MAX last week for me and now Peacock.
              The statement said the update next week not next version.

What do you mean by "more streamers are adapting the DASH MPD format that is killing the app"?

There are plenty of dedicated modules that are working and the streamers are using MPEG-DASH MPD.

The MPD file just tells the player what resolutions, bitrates, subtitles are available and how they are split and other info on how to deliver the assets to the user.

It has nothing to do with the protection/DRM.

The only concern for me with MPEG-DASH is that the devs at StreamFab can't seem to understand that DASH subtitles come in a .mp4 format and there is a simple way of converting those to WebVTT, TTML, or SRT.

Discovery+ switched to DASH like a year ago and StreamFab still doesn't download the subtitles even though i gave step by step instructions on how to do it several times.

Maybe if this is the case with the new Max module, they will finally implement that since i assume there will be way more people using it so more complaints and the inevitable "works with the competitor" comments
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

[QUOTE=jpp72;n426348]

What do you mean by "more streamers are adapting the DASH MPD format that is killing the app"?

There are plenty of dedicated modules that are working and the streamers are using MPEG-DASH MPD.

The MPD file just tells the player what resolutions, bitrates, subtitles are available and how they are split and other info on how to deliver the assets to the user.

It has nothing to do with the protection/DRM.

The only concern for me with MPEG-DASH is that the devs at StreamFab can't seem to understand that DASH subtitles come in a .mp4 format and there is a simple way of converting those to WebVTT, TTML, or SRT.

Discovery+ switched to DASH like a year ago and StreamFab still doesn't download the subtitles even though i gave step by step instructions on how to do it several times.

Maybe if this is the case with the new Max module, they will finally implement that since i assume there will be way more people using it so more complaints and the [QUOTE]inevitable "works with the competitor" comments[/QUOTE]

The developers here said next week, about a few days ago, I am waiting patiently. Give these guys a chance it's not easy, I really hope they get it going again, it's tough not having 1080p in MAX or any resolution because the module doesn't work at all. I understand everyone's frustration, but in these types of programs, it is not easy just to write new code. I think and I'm not sure, but it's a whole new DRM.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

The developers here said next week, about a few days ago, I am waiting patiently. Give these guys a chance it's not easy, I really hope they get it going again, it's tough not having 1080p in MAX or any resolution because the module doesn't work at all. I understand everyone's frustration, but in these types of programs, it is not easy just to write new code. I think and I'm not sure, but it's a whole new DRM.
                  I agree. They need to write something from scratch so it's not something that should, or even can, be rushed. I want them to get it right.

I hope for 1080p/H265 but there is no way to know if that will be the case. In the meantime, i will continue to use my Max Amazon Prime Channel but the varying bitrates is very annoying for someone that is borderline OC like me.

So far, i have seen 3 Max-tagged movies and a dozen TV episodes released on the scene in 1080p so it's promising but i won't hold my breath since we all know the state of 1080p in the old HBO Max module.

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    I wrote "next update" because at that point 6.1.2.6 had already come out and it was still "this week".

​​​​
                    Originally posted by jpp72
                    Yes, that's what Wilson.Wang wrote on June 5th. Now there are two ways, that come to my head immediately, as to how to look at the phrase "next week". There is the Sunday through Saturday approach and the "after 7 days" approach. Since June 5th was a Monday, with the Sunday through Saturday approach, the fix could come anytime on or after Sunday June 11th and up to the end of the day on Saturday June 17th. Of course, some cultures start their week on Saturdays and others on Monday and so it would have to be adjusted accordingly. I believe the modern Chinese calendar starts its week on a Sunday. With the "after 7 days" approach, the next week would begin 7 days after Wilson.Wang wrote his statement, which would be Monday June 12th and the next week ending at the end of Sunday June 18th. Assuming that StreamFab is released most often on a Friday, if Wilson.Wang is being truthful and no last minute problems rear their ugly head, the fix for Max will probably be released on Friday June 16th.

Originally posted by Chameleon
                    I could not agree with you more. Very well said. If only more people here would understand that. The other thing they need to understand is that StreamFab has never promised to download from every streamer, large or small, in the whole wide world.

Comment

Happy to report that 6.1.2.7 is out, and it includes a Max downloader. Downloads appear limited to 720p, but that's fine for now. However, I'm getting quite a few repeated failures. Anyone have success downloading Barry, S4E8, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Grease, or The Hurt Locker? It allowed me to download 11 titles out of 20 before failing on everything else. Any chance that in the changeover to Max they've put new limits on the number of downloads?

Comment

I am still waiting for StreamFab for Mac update... any ideas when that will be released?

Comment

They said next week more than a few weeks ago so I guess its anytime soon or its a bigger problem than they thought. I am also waiting for MAC Version.

Comment

It is currently a Chinese holiday. Chameleon, tell us about it, please. You won't see anything from them, probably, until Monday at the earliest.

Comment

OK guys Dragin Boat Festival is over, can we now get StreamFab for Mac ro work with MAX?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                                OK guys Dragin Boat Festival is over, can we now get StreamFab for Mac ro work with MAX?
                                It‘s been working on, please wait for the coming version this week. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X