This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
    Once again, the Moderators have been left in the dark about 6.1.6.9. They released it at the very same time that I was writing that there probably wouldn't be a release this week.
    Jack and I have told them over and over, concentrate on only fixing the DRM and nothing else. Now look at the crap we get. Can you tell whether they removed the re-encoding or not?
    Excuse my bluntness Cats4U but I've been thinking this for some time now, and your latest post now clinches it for me at any rate - it's clear that the Devs don't have much (if any) respect or appreciation for what you and Jack are actually doing for them!! Their lack of consideration and complete disregard for any 'suggestions' you offer them paints a rather large (and unpleasant) picture. You yourself said it - 'the Moderators have been left in the dark about 6.1.6.9'... And perhaps a lot more. And you and Jack deserve so much more! If it means anything, there are many on here that DO APPRECIATE what you two do.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
      Well, there is a new version (6.1.6.9), but it is still not possible to download new Amazon videos.

Instead, minor, unimportant bugs have been fixed.

It would be better if the developers would put all their energy into fixing the DRM problems and not distract themselves with minor issues.

In the meantime, I have tried out the competitor for test purposes and you can actually download every new video from Amazon without any problems.

That shows me that there are apparently far better developers there who have solved the problem quickly.​
      I switched (and paid) last week. I go where the quality is.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluealien View Post

I switched (and paid) last week. I go where the quality is.
        Please share it with me.

Comment

I would also be interested in a working alternative ;-)

Comment

And you and Jack deserve so much more! If it means anything, there are many on here that DO APPRECIATE what you two do.
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              Can you tell whether they removed the re-encoding or not?
              If current Amazon content in HD/FHD has been selected ..
              .. the selected quality is downloaded and re-encoded.
              Nothing has changed in this behavior.​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

Nothing has changed in this behavior.
                F-word

Comment

I sat on this thought for a couple of days, but... I don't think they'll ever remove the re-encoding (unless they fix the DRM),, because they advertised re-encoding in a marketing email a couple of days ago and made it sound like a big deal. So if anyone bought into the hype and bought the program and then re-encoding was removed, that wouldn't look good. If we tell the developer(s) one thing and the marketing people tell them another...

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post
                    I sat on this thought for a couple of days, but... I don't think they'll ever remove the re-encoding (unless they fix the DRM),, because they advertised re-encoding in a marketing email a couple of days ago and made it sound like a big deal. So if anyone bought into the hype and bought the program and then re-encoding was removed, that wouldn't look good. If we tell the developer(s) one thing and the marketing people tell them another...
                    I agree with you 100%, and they should be embarrassed, other programs have it fixed on Amazon for almost 2 months already.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I agree then and say they should hire more people to help crack the DRM. I appreciate them trying but I think it's pretty obvious that they're stuck. I'm just gonna have to use the competitor for now.

Comment

1. The recoding is guaranteed to be removed when the DRM is repaired!

2. If you can no longer crack it. No matter whether with or without recoding. It's broken!

3. There is no reason why they shouldn't remove it when it's repaired. They did the same with the other modules too.

4. They are Chinese, I guarantee they also use the competitor's product.​

Comment

I just looked at the newest version of StreamFab release notes. They're working on minor stupid things over making the DRM priority. Like come on now. And thank you mods for all the great work you do.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                            I just looked at the newest version of StreamFab release notes. They're working on minor stupid things over making the DRM priority. Like come on now. And thank you mods for all the great work you do.
                            I'd guess that someone is working on "buying" the solution from the competitor and they told the developer to get to old crap on their backlog. They are using this time to add more 'feature' checkboxes so that they can sucker more folks into becoming paying users so they can afford to buy it.
                            Husband, father, watcher of way too much TV and Movies.
                            Software developer for 30+ years starting with BASIC on DOS 5.x and now on the MEAN stack (Mongo/Express/Angular/Node) in an AWS environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

I agree with you 100%, and they should be embarrassed, other programs have it fixed on Amazon for almost 2 months already.
                              It's simply a case of rearranging the deck chairs as the ship sinks lower and lower.. Passengers are already in the life boats and moving away ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                                4. They are Chinese, I guarantee they also use the competitor's product.​
                                This is what I've never understood, why, if they are hitting a brick wall (which clearly they are), don't they take a deep dive into the competitors product and back engineer it to find what the competitor has clearly resolved already!!

Comment

Working...
                                X