Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already considered whether StreamFAB should be given a deadline and then, after the deadline has passed, demand compensation. After all, it's not just a few euros/dollars that we have invested here!

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
      I have already considered whether StreamFAB should be given a deadline and then, after the deadline has passed, demand compensation. After all, it's not just a few euros/dollars that we have invested here!
      Good luck with that LOL.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Smithbrad wrote,
        It has been a month since the top banner was updated. I realize there is a "it will be done when it is done" aspect to this. However, being in the software development field myself, I wouldn't be able to go this long without providing at least weekly updates to the customer(s) as to the current status.
        Actually, the banner has recently changed. Pluto has been removed as a working streamer.

I did receive two separate reports early this morning. I've been hesitant to post them because I've heard them all before since the DRM change.

The first:
        Not have good news yet
        The second, a few hours later, a series of three messages:
        I got a good news just now
        Netflix can be fixed in this or next week.
        This is the third time I've seen the prediction of some streamer being fixed this week or next week, so pardon me for being skeptical. And then my skepticism is mirrored in the third message.
        Hope that it's true this time.
        I can't tell you or anyone else what to do, but I think it would be prudent to keep your options open. As you see, the details are few. If "fixed" means the use of re-encoding, I don't consider that fixed. This is not what everyone paid a huge chunk of money for.

Comment

Sounds like typical stalling tactics to me to try and stop people running off to the competition with the HOPE they can fix it by then rather than any close-to eureka progress, I could be wrong though. I wonder what happens to people who paid for just a years worth of access ? I paid for lifetime (for Amazon) so I have little option but to wait and hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Smithbrad wrote,

Actually, the banner has recently changed. Pluto has been removed as a working streamer.

I did receive two separate reports early this morning. I've been hesitant to post them because I've heard them all before since the DRM change.

The first:

The second, a few hours later, a series of three messages:

This is the third time I've seen the prediction of some streamer being fixed this week or next week, so pardon me for being skeptical. And then my skepticism is mirrored in the third message.

I can't tell you or anyone else what to do, but I think it would be prudent to keep your options open. As you see, the details are few. If "fixed" means the use of re-encoding, I don't consider that fixed. This is not what everyone paid a huge chunk of money for.
            No re-encoding is not fixed. You see there is a plan here, but it's not the plan we hoped for, they started re-encoding, then they broke the re-encoding. Now they may fix the re-encoding so in some sense of thought "It is Fixed"

Comment

Posted by Zammo
              I paid for a lifetime (for Amazon) so I have little option but to wait and hope.
              That's the software's lifetime, not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
                How can this happen? If possible I would like them to refund me for the Lifetime Edition Streamfab all in one product I purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

That's the software's lifetime, not yours.
                  LMFAO!!! That's funny. It hurts because it's true, but it's funny.

I doubt seriously there will be recompense in any form. I am sure there is a "no guarantee" clause buried somewhere in the license agreement. At least beyond the 30 days that is.

I'm an old guitar playing grey haired biker from Missouri so I'm not much for empty promises. Show me. Two weeks I can see. Two months is borderline ineptitude. In particular when you consider the competition has had it figured out for nearly as long.

I couldn't agree more.
                  An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Posted by NewMelle
                    At least beyond the 30 days, that is.
                    You have to break your back bending backwards just for that. This is beyond broken, but there is light if you want to spend more money, the other guy's software is working even for new stuff. Their only issue is that Netflix is back at SD, but you can download all the new stuff. I have enough old stuff I haven't watched yet, by the time I have watched Boardwalk Empire, one episode a night maybe I will invest in other software. I am just waiting around to see what " The Good News" here may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

No re-encoding is not fixed. You see there is a plan here, but it's not the plan we hoped for, they started re-encoding, then they broke the re-encoding. Now they may fix the re-encoding so in some sense of thought "It is Fixed"
                      I had a few downloads from Anazon which were re-encoded and often just the beginning of the video - the rest up to its normal run time was just a still image. The coincidence was that either the computer went to the lock screen, or I changed over to another windows profile. It seems, that re-encoding in a windows session runnig in background keeps the re-encoding running, but not getting any video content to re-encode except the last recent frame which results in re-encodiong it over and over and therefore a still image up to the end of the video.
                      I use CVBR and AAC with highest bit rate available for H.264 (for videos which need re-encoding)

Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

I know re-encoding was supposed to be a temporary fix. I'm not one for re-encoding. 480p is still 480p no matter what you do to it. Upscaling included as that is just adding pixels going on best guess nearest neighbor. Sure it looks "crisper" but it's still 480p. 1080p you can almost count the hairs on someone's head, 480p and upscaled at least you know what color their hair is. In addition, the "competitor" can't figure out how to accept credit cards and I almost always use a pre-paid for something like that. If the card # is leaked no loss to me, they get a dud for their hard work.

Good coders figure it out. Great coders figure out how someone else did it and do it better.​

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Despite what it sounds like, re-encoding does not use upscaling. Re-encoding involves screen recording a streaming video at a high rate of speed at the resolution you want. Provided you don't lose pixels along the way, you might get a decent video when it is slowed down to a normal speed. A lot depends on your CPU, memory speed, and type of storage you have, ssd or disk drive. It can only be in CBR, constant bit rate. If the video has ads, this increases the chances that the video will go out of sync over time. Even without ads, the longer the video is, the more likely it will go out of sync anyway. This method is probably best used with short YouTube-type videos, not Netflix movies.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up! I was assuming it was upscaling. I know people who spent a lot of money on "upscaling" TVs and disk players but I kept my mouth shut and let them have their day. Still, what you describe doesn't appeal to me much more. Nothing more annoying than a video going out of sync in the middle of the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieT View Post

3. A large number of movies and series available on physical media, are unavailable on streaming. Examples are Holocaust, the aclaimed 1978 mini series that launched the careers of a number of major stars (Meryl Streep, Michael Moriarty, James Woods, Joseph Bottoms, Michael Beck) as well as featuring several already major stars such as Fritz Weaver and Sam Wanamaker, is available oon DVD and Blue Ray but is still unavailable on streaming. The Abyss and China Syndrome have just been made available on streaming.
                              4. Some TV series on streaming have missing episodes such as L.A. Law and and Newhart, which has arguably the finest final episode in TV history is missing from the streaming version.
                              The Abyss was available on Prime Video several years ago. No extra costs, Prime members had it.
                              Yes, missing episodes is a nuisance. Law & Order SVU has one missing about the Olympic Committee being corrupt. CSI: Miami, there is a disaster episode that was cut quite a bit because the scenes were "too graphic."
                              There is lots of content that is available in HD on streaming but for home use, DVD/480p. If the content was available on blu-ray or better, I would buy it. Next week the hit TV series Wednesday comes to blu-ray. Yet it is available on Netflix in 4K with Dolby Vision and HDR10. WTF?

Originally posted by theresay View Post
                              Same here. I finally gave in and purchased the competition on the last day of their sale. I don't like that it doesn't have bitrate options and it's subscription only, but I can't hold off my downloads indefinitely. For other streamers I still use Streamfab though.
                              They stopped the Lifetime License?​​​

Rumors of Walmart either getting out of media or staying in, alternate in news articles. About the only store that I haven't read about stopping physical media is Amazon, but you can't sell it if it isn't being manufactured.
                              ​ As far as the info I have about Walmart, they are going all in on the niche market of physical media. Noticed more SteelBooks in general there? Notice that they have picked up the "Exclusive SteelBook" that Best Buy used to market?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post

They stopped the Lifetime License?​​​
                                Lifetime licenses were stopped a few months back. I got mine over a year ago, but yeah, 1 year or 2 years now (which honestly is pretty much the lifetime of most products).

Comment

Working...
                                X