Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson.Wang Is there any News regarding the ongoing problems with Amazon and Netflix ?

Unfortunately, communication from the Developer is very poor.

It would therefore be appropriate to inform all of us here who have paid money for the Program about the current state of affairs.​

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
      Wilson.Wang Is there any News regarding the ongoing problems with Amazon and Netflix ?

It would therefore be appropriate to inform all of us here who have paid money for the Program about the current state of affairs.​
      I have a feeling every week you will just get "we are almost there" from the developers.

Comment

We have NEVER had any direct communication with the Developer. To us, he has been presented as a mythical figure located somewhere out in the ozone. All information about what he does or says is relayed to us via StreamFab's Project Manager, Wilson Wang. Actually, this week, information is flowing a tiny bit more than usual. The latest is that you can expect a true working download version (not re-encoding) of Netflix shortly. No other details have been given about the Netflix update. No information about Amazon, Peacock, and the other non-working streamers were mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

The latest is that you can expect a true working download version (not re-encoding) of Netflix shortly. No other details have been given about the Netflix update. No information about Amazon, Peacock, and the other non-working streamers were mentioned.
          Fascinating. I was always under the assumption (by what others have alluded to on this forum, alongside that of the "competitor" and their banner) that the Netflix issue was a lot tougher to crack than Amazon's DRM, yet a true working download version (not re-encoding) of Netflix is literally on the horizon -apparently, but Amazon's DRM remains 'unfixed'. And that was easier to crack! Hmmmmmm. Perhaps, just perhaps, when asking about the next SF update "what's about to happen?", the response might be as Bowman would say, "something wonderful!" Meaning Amazon's been fixed too. God, I hope so. After all, Easter is about resurrection...
          Last edited by littlebluealien; 03-28-2024, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I learned far more about Apache, MySQL, CMS, scripting and coding HTML by figuring out how the "other guy" did it than I did by any other means.
            An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluealien View Post

Fascinating. I was always under the assumption (by what others have alluded to on this forum, alongside that of the "competitor" and their banner) that the Netflix issue was a lot tougher to crack than Amazon's DRM, yet a true working download version (not re-encoding) of Netflix is literally on the horizon -apparently, but Amazon's DRM remains 'unfixed'. And that was easier to crack! Hmmmmmm. Perhaps, just perhaps, when asking about the next SF update "what's about to happen?", the response might be as Bowman would say, "something wonderful!" Meaning Amazon's been fixed too. God, I hope so. After all, Easter is about resurrection...
              And just an hour or so ago, we got the latest update ---
              for the Netflix download mode, has a little problem this week
              And so I'm made to look like an asshole because I reported the previous news that Netflix was ready to go. To his credit, Jack was all over Wilson. It was a thing of beauty! I wish I had permission to post it here, but I don't like reposting other people's conversations without their permission. I, actually, felt bad for Wilson. Because of the nonsensical way that DVDFab is run, although Wilson is the Project Manager and boss over the Developers, it seems the Developers call the shots and decide the direction of the program. Wilson has become, for better or worse, just a liaison to Jack and me, and a PR man to everyone else. And the worst part of that is that Wilson has a limited English vocabulary, and so there is often confusion in the details to the point where we simply aren't getting any details. In the beginning of Jack and I being "Influencers" (I still don't know who they wanted us to influence, DVDFab or StreamFab users) we had a very friendly lady from Marketing acting as translator. In a short time, Jack made amazing progress in getting his ideas across to them, and the Developers started working on them. Since I couldn't make up my mind whether to be an "Influencer" and Moderator, getting my ideas to them, when I finally joined up, were late in arriving and nothing was done about them. At almost the same time that I joined up, the translator went back to Marketing and the conversations dried up.

Comment

6.1.7.0 2024-03-28

New: Add support to download the Amazon new released videos with EAC3 5.1 audio using download mode.
                New: Add support to download the Netflix new released videos in 1080p with re-encoding mode. (The audio will still be downloaded in Atmos quality, and the video download mode will be supported soon)
                New: Restore back to the PC display interface when browsing Netflix.
                Fix: A log out problem when downloading videos from Netflix.
                Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain videos from OnlyFans.
                Fix: A problem that missing language in metainfo when downloading videos from Funimation.​

Still re-encoding mode..
                Last edited by Air; 03-28-2024, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

And just an hour or so ago, we got the latest update ---
                  And so I'm made to look like an asshole because I reported the previous news that Netflix was ready to go.
                  Here I shall take issue with your self recrimination Cats4U, you did not state that Netflix was ready to go, you merely reported what was told to you, "..the latest is that you can expect a true working download version (not re-encoding) of Netflix shortly.." The key word being 'shortly'. That does not infer anything other than it would be forthcoming in the near future, not a definite 'ready to go'. I obviously questioned, not yourself, but the information given to you, as I previously indicated, if they had more or less fixed the more difficult of the DRM issues -Netflix, but remained struggling with the easier of the two, Amazon, something didn't sound right. And as we have now seen, if it doesn't sound right, it usually isn't. The fault is not yours.
                  Last edited by littlebluealien; 03-28-2024, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Air View Post
                    6.1.7.0 2024-03-28

New: Add support to download the Amazon new released videos with EAC3 5.1 audio using download mode.
                    New: Add support to download the Netflix new released videos in 1080p with re-encoding mode. (The audio will still be downloaded in Atmos quality, and the video download mode will be supported soon)
                    New: Restore back to the PC display interface when browsing Netflix.
                    Fix: A log out problem when downloading videos from Netflix.
                    Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain videos from OnlyFans.
                    Fix: A problem that missing language in metainfo when downloading videos from Funimation.​

Still re-encoding mode..
                    Really ? The Changelog is somewhat confusingly written.

For Netflix now clearly says re-encode, but Amazon says download mode.

Is Amazon also only re-encode, as in the test version?​

Comment

Just downloading something which re encoded before . 6.1.7.0 still re-encodes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

Just downloading something which re encoded before . 6.1.7.0 still re-encodes it.
                        Ok, that's a Shame.

Apparently SF can't get it right any more.

That's sucks.

Comment

Not confusing at all. Amazon is download mode, meaning the way we've done it all along before the DRM change. In other words, they are saying Amazon is totally fixed. You'll have to determine whether that is true or not because I refuse to use any update that uses re-encoding mode with any streamer, even one that I'm not presently subscribed to, which is the case with Netflix.

Comment

Amazon is still VBR only. i dont have CBR download mode

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

Are you saying that Amazon is still re-encoding with 6.1.7.0? Did you delete the contents of your temp folder and use a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of a previous version of StreamFab, including registry entries, before installing 6.1.7.0? If so, attach your StreamFab.log.

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post
                                Amazon is still VBR only. i dont have CBR download mode
                                Did you delete the contents of your temp folder and use a "professional" uninstaller program to remove all traces of a previous version of StreamFab, including registry entries, before installing 6.1.7.0? If so, attach your StreamFab.log.

Comment

Working...
                                X