Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about MusicFab

MusicFab

I'm curious about your product and have a few questions. These are in no particular order, the numbers are added so you can reference them as you answer.
    1. In your post introducing the MusicFab production you mention "partnership with DVDFab company" can you please expand on that? I see that my member log in credentials for dvdfab.cn also work to log into your site. So I'd like to better understand your relationship.
    2. Because I can log into your member center using my same DVDFAB.CN credentials, do the license packs and extended download service purchase transfer between theirs and yours? Or must we re-purchase additional license and extended download from your site as well?
    3. What is your support model? Will you use this forum as an official support channel? or must we use the Contact Support button at https://musicfab.org/support.htm or the Ticket options in the member center area on musicfab.org to get support?
    4. I have not installed or tried MusicFab yet, but it appears to be a separate app, like StreamFab is separate from DVDFab. Is that correct?
    5. There is mention of Apple Music coming eventually. Does this rely on iTunes? if so are there any iTunes version restrictions, etc? Sorry, I'm left with the memory of DRM Removal for iOS that was available in DVDFab a while back, and has since been discontinued because of changes to Apple's DRM, so I have to ask.

i have 365 DVDFab Membership, and my login datas dont work with this product. i only have 3 songs to download. so i think you must buy this license extra.

Comment

@KidJoe​ DVDFab is partnership with our MusicFab, and MusicFab is a different separate product from DVDFab. And also MusicFab is not included in DVDFab 365. @Lexxa
      License packs and extended download service are also different from each other.
      You can contact us at https://musicfab.org/contact.htm.
      MusicFab currently can support Amazon music and Spotify, Apple music is developing and will be supported in the future.

Comment

When I download an album from Spotify, it comes in with the name of the album, but NOT the Artist! Any plans to put the album under the Artists name? IE: C:\Musicfab\<artist>\<album>\<songs>

Comment

Earlier I posted a question about a problem with Musicfab logging in through Google. In Musicfab, I got an error preventing me from logging into Spotify through Google, saying that the browser was not secure. I can't find it in the thread. Was it moved? If so, I never got an E-mail. I was wondering if this is a known problem, and if there are plans to fix it. I can start another thread, but the topic of this one is Questions about Musicfab. I know this is a pretty broad topic, but it's nice to have a place where people can upload questions about Musicfab without creating a thread concerning the topic of each question.
          Last edited by supine; 05-20-2023, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
            Earlier I posted a question about a problem with Musicfab logging in through Google. In Musicfab, I got an error preventing me from logging into Spotify through Google, saying that the browser was not secure. I can't find it in the thread. Was it moved? If so, I never got an E-mail. I was wondering if this is a known problem, and if there are plans to fix it.
            here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/third-...425012-spotify

Comment

Spotify downloader:

I purchased Musicfab, and have noticed a couple of other issues. After each album or list, Musicfab seems to stop downloading the rest of the songs in the que; requiring constant attention. I also noticed that Musicfab errors out frequently on long lists. Restarting the download of the failed song in the list seems to work each time there is a failure/error. I was wondering if these are known issues, and if it's being worked on. I know this is fledgling software, and there are bound to be wrinkles. I have every confidence in your team. Other "Fab" software I subscribe to has hit snags from time to time, but your team usually comes through in a reasonable amount of time. I know that the team is hard working and diligent, but if you could put my mind to rest concerning these issues, I would appreciate it.

Edit: After the failures, I looked in Spotify and the error said "Playback of protected content is not enabled. Visit Spotify to learn how to enable playback in your browser." I hope this tidbit helps. One is kinda stuck with the browser and settings included in Musicfab. -Thanks

Edit 2: It looks like I get the same error after every song download, and cannot add any songs to the que once the download has started.
              Last edited by supine; 05-20-2023, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Another question. The Lyric files seem not to be being mixed into the original MP4a, and are frequently showing up as separate .lrc files. Is there any setting that I can adjust to stop this? I would rather have the lyrics in the meta data of the file. (Some songs that have lyrics don't have an attached .lrc file.)

(Do you need another Beata tester? )
                Last edited by supine; 05-20-2023, 01:58 AM.

Comment

When downloading compilation albums or playlists, the name of the artist is noted in the file name for each song/file displayed in the Spotify list on the screen; but that information is not included in the file name of the downloaded music. Is this a known issue? (or is it even an issue) To have the artists name for each song in the file name of compilation albums or playlists would be nice. Although the artists name IS in the meta data, it's sometimes nice to know the name of the artist(s) before it's loaded into a player. Especially when choosing songs from inside a very long downloaded playlist.
                  ... eh, I'm of two minds weather this is important enough for the team to consider. I'll let the team decide if this "issue" has merit. Either way it goes, I would value your feedback on the subject. - Thank you
                  Last edited by supine; 05-20-2023, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Ouch! It appears that most of the songs I downloaded from Spotify have been truncated, and will not play. The player is reporting a song as 9:45 in length, but only a few seconds will play. The same song that I already had on my computer in my music folder plays fine using the same player. Some that I have downloaded using Musicfab play all the way through. It seems like most do not. Rebooted the computer. The ones I already had in my library play fine. I would venture to say MOST that I got off Spotify using Musicfab are truncated. It also seems that three songs were not enough of a sample to properly evaluate the efficacy of this software. I'm not sure what logs to send. This one is bad. BTW: Music from Spotify not going through the Musicfab interface plays fine. The price is kind of steep for this kind of software. I have been using different Fab software(s) for years. (Since DVDfab went from 2 to 3 (I believe it was 2005 or 6)) There is a built in trust issue here. Please don't let me down.

Q: What do I do? Please help.
                    Last edited by supine; 05-20-2023, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Oookay... I didn't expect an answer until Monday. After receiving no response to my queries today (Monday) I totally deleted Musicfab and reinstalled it. There was an update after I reinstalled it. That's good. I wiped out everything I downloaded before, and started over. So far, the songs I have listened to that have come in have not been truncated. Whew! Now there is a new issue. In the "Downloading" section, I can see the Spotify list but it appeared that it would not not open for me to view or delete files from the list. After several minutes, I moved the Window with my mouse, and was able to see a partial list. After moving the window again, the view updated, but the U.I. appears to be frozen and I am unable to do anything in it. Songs are failing (still) and I could not scroll down the list or see an accurate view of where the list was. It seemed (again) frozen. I found that by "grabbing" the window with my mouse and moving it from side to side it updated the view in the window allowing me (with difficulty) to restart the songs that had failed, Which transferred flawlessly on the second attempt. I still don't know what's going on there or why they fail. The U.I. in the downloading section is still "freezing", useless, and the view in the U.I. Window, will not update at all unless I move the window with my mouse. (Windows 10). Has anyone else reported these problems?
                      Again, Is there any way to get rid of those annoying .lrc files and get the lyrics remuxed into the files meta data? Putting the albums by a single artist in a folder under the artists name would be nice too. I'll listen to the rest of the music over the next few days, and let you know if any more files get truncated. Hopefully I'll hear a reply to this post before then. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

Well... To late to delete the previous post. I shut down Musicfab and rebooted the computer. Although songs are still failing fairly frequently in the que for no discernable reason, the U.I. appears to be functioning normally. The songs that have failed in the que go through the second time (so far) 100% of the time. That they fail with frequency is still more than a little annoying. I listened to a couple of songs and they are still coming in whole. The rest of my whining is just minutia to be addressed at another time. After the initial frustration, the software appears to function as advertised. I will admit, that I was worried for a while, but I knew the "Fab" team is very good, and supports their products (so not THAT worried). I just had to apply a little cura te ipsum logic. Hopefully, as with other "Fab" products I have, I'm sure this "Fab" software just will continue to get better. Although the issues in the previous posts (most of the major ones anyway) seem to have resolved themselves with a little self help, I hope the previous entries help anyone encountering similar issues.
                        Last edited by supine; 05-23-2023, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Update: Musicfab just asked me to install update 1.0.0.1. Errr.. That's the update I installed when I re-installed Musicfab. Perhaps it didn't take, and I have been posting old news. I'm updating now, and will keep you in the loop.
                          Last edited by supine; 05-23-2023, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Updated and restarted Musicfab. The high failure rate is still there and the .lrc files still bother me, but the U.I. seems to be functioning correctly again. There must be a way to stop those .lrc files from populating. If anyone knows how to stop them from showing up, I would appreciate a shout. The "tracks" that fail are going through flawlessly the second time (so far). I was actually baby sitting the software to restart all of the failures, until I got smart, and will just do all of them at the end of a batch. I have every confidence that the "Fab" team will find out the cause(s) and have this resolved in short order. If the U.I. starts freezing or hanging again, I'll let you know.
                            Thanks,
                            Smee

Comment

Well... As I promised, I'm back. Musicfab has started truncating the songs again. Unlike the last time, the seek bar continues to move, but the sound just stops. A large number of tracks are affected, and the affected tracks are truncated in the same spot using multiple players. I don't know which logs to send. Please let me know.
                              Edit:
                              Note: Shutting down MusicFab and rebooting seems to have temporarily alleviated the truncation problem. The question now is what's causing this issue that is repeating itself?
                              Last edited by supine; 05-23-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X