Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
    I have Amazon Prime Music, Apple Music, and Spotify and I have never had an issue. For me this is the best program I have ever used, I have a ton of great music now, and I have never even had a download that failed.
    Chameleon ,Thank you for your reply. Since you are not having an issue with the "Protected Content" screen in Spotify, the problem must be on my end (somehow). Now if I could just get a little help figuring out why this is happening to me, that would be good. I have supplied .log files, and have not gotten any negative feedback from them. I have checked my settings, and cannot find anything obviously amiss. As of this morning, I am still totally locked out, and cannot use MusicFab at all.

mlknez , Although the advertising has defiantly stated that the software supports Atmos, someone in another thread said that Atmos from the Apple site may still not be supported. I HAVE downloaded files in FLAC and gotten wonderful Dolby 5.1 (six speaker) channel surround from the decoder in my receiver. Although my receiver supports up to eight channels, I only have six speakers hooked up, so I can't comment on the sound quality past 5.1. I know it's not Atmos, but the coding for 5.1 is still imbedded in the file. If you have a good Atmos decoder. your speakers are set up correctly and you are still not getting the immersive separation or channel breakout you believe you should have, I guess that's as good as it gets for now. I do know that Atmos is an immersive object oriented surround, and not 5.1, 6.1 or even 7.1. That said, I believe that if the streaming site is touting Atmos, the M4a, FLAC, MKV or MKA files that you download from their site (that are stated Atmos tracks), should have the coding for Atmos already imbedded in the file. Your Atmos Decoder should be able to decode them. You will still need to break out the "height channels" to hear the difference. Since I have only done minimal reading concerning Atmos, I have to admit that I'm still clueless on how to do this. As mentioned by Chameleon once I found out about the cost to set up an Atmos system, my exuberance to try and set it up in my Livingroom was severely curtailed.

Embedded Atmos coding in the downloaded files (although it seems reasonable) is just another one of my theory's. If you find out for sure, please let me know. I'm interested in what you find out.

Special Note: Apple has been also touting "Spatial Audio". If you look closely, it's "Powered by Atmos", and requires HomePod or Dolby Atmos supported speakers. I'm not sure if it has to be played through an Apple device to decode it. Spatial Audio also works with Beats Headphones or AirPods. Sonos has confirmed that it will work with some of their sound bars, and the ERA300 speaker, but at $400.00+ U.S. per speaker, I think I'll pass for now. Apple has also been building in special speakers into their more recent products to play spatial audio (including phones and iPads). If the Spatial Audio is really what you're after, you are asking the wrong question. Spatial Audio is a different animal. For now it remains a predominantly Apple feature and may not be supported in MusicFab. In the future, devices featuring Spatial Audio prices may come down, and the number of compatible devices may climb. Who knows? It may take off and become ubiquitous (Like the MP4 format). Until then, (even though it does sound good) I guess I'm going to have to wait. The only thing I can think of for you to try until then, (if that's what you're after), is to download a (designated) spatial audio track (M4a (Apple Standard), FLAC, MP3, MKV or MKA) and play it through your Apple device with compatible speaker(s), pods or headphones, and see if it sounds right. "Good luck Mr. Phelps".

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2023-10-23_083958179.png Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	432004
    Last edited by supine; 10-23-2023, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Atmos rendering devices are going up in price not down, a good one can cost up to 24,000€ to set up, I am not that kind of audiophile, as a matter of fact this program is so good with my 5 speaker system, and soundbar I am totally happy with it. The music is as wonderful as it always was.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Hi supine,
        do you have multiple email addresses?

If so, try the following:
        - Sign in to the free Spotify site with an email address that is not yet registered with Spotify
        - then try to play tracks

Is that possible or are you also blocked with the new login?

Greetings​​

Comment

They absolutely track the machine ID, e-mail, and other things like IP addresses to hide your identity are useless.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            They absolutely track the machine ID, e-mail, and other things like IP addresses to hide your identity are useless.
            Thanks for the heads up. What StPeterOrding2015 said instantly made sense. The "Protected Content screen does not appear until after I sign into my account. Although I wouldn't want to pay for another subscription, I would have tried a free account under another address if not warned that it would not work. I have a domain, so whipping up another E-mail address is no problem. Even if I didn't own a domain, In these days of Gmail and Hotmail "throw away accounts", I don't imagine that another E-mail address would be a problem. Although I had not mentioned it before, I know, that signing in from another country through a VPN doesn't help, so what you say about the machine address makes sense.

What I'm going to try now, is to uninstall and reinstall MusicFab again. This time using an uninstaller to get past the "dirty uninstall" and delete the left in registry entries. I appreciate the thoughtful advice. If you can think of anything else. please let me know. Hey.... If that fails, I might just try a free account under a different address anyway, just to say I tried.

Comment

Well, I'm sorry to say that the uninstall/Reinstall didn't work. The Staff have replied to my Ticket saying that they are investigating tie issue. I replied back saying:

"I have been OOS for three days now. Just to let you know, I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled MusicFab three times now. The last time with a third party uninstaller that goes in after the MusicFab uninstaller finishes, and deletes left in files and registry entries. Then I searched for, and deleted what the Uninstaller missed. Each time I reinstalled, I have downloaded a fresh copy of the online installer, and installed from that one. I have tried going through a VPN, disguising my IP, and accessing my account from three different countries to no avail. I can still access Spotify from a browser outside of MusicFab, and stream music with no trouble with or without the VPN. Inside MusicFab, I cannot get past the "Protected Content" screen to the Spotify home page. Strangely, I don't get the "Protected Content" screen until after I log into my account".

BTW: I was quite interested in Dolby Atmos for a while, and did a little reading; thinking about perhaps upgrading my current 5.1 System. After my previous post about the Apple "Spatial Audio", I started thinking to myself, that it's ALL Spatial Audio. All of the Dolby's including Atmos. The Headphone surround spoofs, and three or four other "Spatial Technologies" including "Windows Sonic". Apple just pounced on the term, used it for their own branded technology and pretty much has that particular technology (so far) restricted to Apple. Although my previous research on the subject was fairly recent; it had been a while and technology can change rapidly. Worried that I may have posted misinformation, I decided to do a little current research, and post a correction to my previous post if needed. I was a little chagrined when I rapidly came across an article saying "Spatial Audio" (implying Apple Spatial Audio) is now available on Android! ...and it is! ....but the only streaming service you can use to make it Work? You guessed it! Apple Music. It doesn't work with regular Bluetooth Headphones. You have to purchase special headphones to take advantage of the Apple Spatial Audio, (I suspect they may even be wired, but I don't know for sure.)

But Wait! There's More! There are other Headphone Spatial technologies out there, including Sony 360. I'm sure that particular Tech works with some streaming services like Deezer and Tidal, but unfortunately most of those types Headphone Tech were developed for gaming consoles and computers. If you're interested in Spatial headphones for your phone or laptop, I'm certain that a little bit of research can point you to a pair that fit your application and purse (but get ready to lay out a little cash.). You're not just stuck with Apple Spatial Audio, AirPods or Beats. If you're looking at speakers and don't want to go through a complex Atmos installation; the reviews I read for the the Sony HT-A9s are very good. It's said that they deliver a wonderful and very convincing (virtual) Atmos experience. At $1500.00+ U.S. for four speakers and a hub though (No Subwoofer or center channel speaker is included), I'm not about to run right out and replace the 5.1 surround system I already have set up. Just a point of interest.
              This is NOT an endorsement of any of these products. As always, please do your own research before making any purchase. No links are posted to any products mentioned due to Forum Decorum.
              (All that typing for one silly rhyme?)
              Last edited by supine; 10-25-2023, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Just to keep you all in the loop: I got a message through the Ticket Que, that the development team has duplicated my issue and is working on a resolution.

Comment

1.0.1.7 is out. Unfortunately I am still unable to to get past the "Protected Content" screen. When/If the development team finds an answer to this problem, I will post more in depth. Both Spotify and Amazon are inaccessible to me. Amazon is still reporting that "This Version Of Edge Is Not Supported".
                  Last edited by supine; 10-28-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
                    my ticket which I just entered in the MusicFab ticket tool:

Hello,
                    now I also have the “Protected Content” screen on my 2nd PC.
                    What have I done:
                    - I wanted to log in to Spotify using MusicFab on my 2nd PC with my license from MusicFab using my Spotify login details (I have the 1 Lizenz for 3 PCs)
                    - that worked - BUT - on the 2nd PC I constantly get the "Protected Content" screen in MusicFab, but in the Firefox browser I can log in to Spotify on the 2nd PC with my Spotify login details and then I don't get the "Protected Content" screen
                    - my guess: the MusicFab developers made the access somehow that I can no longer use MusicFab on a second PC with the same Spotify login data
                    - even with another Spotify account on the 2nd PC, user + pw, I get the "Protected Content" screen in MusicFab when I select Spotify
                    - on my first PC I don't see the Protected Content screen

Greetings

Comment

Hi all,
                      the answer from the MusicFab Staff:

"Hello,
                      We could duplicate this problem on one of our PCs, it was due to missing the cdm library, we are working on it. Please kindly wait for the coming version, thanks in advance.
                      Kind regards,"

In 1.0.1.8 not yet solved.
                      ​Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
                        Hi all,
                        the answer from the MusicFab Staff:

"Hello,
                        We could duplicate this problem on one of our PCs, it was due to missing the cdm library, we are working on it. Please kindly wait for the coming version, thanks in advance.
                        Kind regards,"

In 1.0.1.8 not yet solved.
                        ​Greetings
                        Yes... I just updated also, and am still locked out too. I'm going back to the Ticket que, and am going to let them know.
                        Greetings and Salutations

Comment

Update: I managed to log into the Amazon portion of MusicFab, and the "This Version of Edge" lockout looks like it has been addressed.

;

Comment

I don't know what happened, but I'm able to access Spotify again. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

Comment

I don't know what happened, but I'm able to access Spotify again. I'll keep you updated as things progress.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                                We plan to release a new version this week to further optimize this issue, you can pay attention and use it!
                                Thank you very much for your attention to musicfab​

Comment

Working...
                                X