No announcement yet.

Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm back! That was fast. I downloaded a double album, (The Essential Lou Rawls) and both disks went into a single folder. Seems like another issue. Evidentially, when the single album Disc 1 issue was fixed, it created another problem.

Comment

Well.. Not only am I back, so is the "Protected Playback Not Enabled" browser error. Well, I thought we had a handle on everything. Hoping anyway. The new disc error was probably just something that was hiding and didn't come out in testing. I gather the "Protected Playback" error hid during testing also. Perhaps it's time for a larger beta group or test pool. I can hardly wait for the next update.

Comment

After crashing and disappearing off the screen, I restarted MusicFab. It downloaded one file and ostensibly went on to the next. The animated Icon was showing a download, but there was no status bar active on anything. After waiting for five minutes with no results, I paused the downloads, and restarted them. Or tried to at least, to no avail. The download Icon would go active, but there was no active status bar or any other activity happening. Closing and restarting MusicFab did nothing to alleviate the problem. The words "Accessing Video Information" appeared momentarily in a dialog box when I tried to restart the downloads, the download Icon animated, and nothing else happened. It looks like we still have major problems. ....Rats! Just as I thought there was a handle on this. I am going to reboot the machine, and post an edit to let you know what happened.

Edit: Still nothing. The first album opened when I clicked "Start Download" after rebooting and restarting MusicFab. "Accessing Video Information" appeared momentarily in a dialog box; the animated download Icon appeared then nothing else. "Wait to download" appeared beside every file in the open album. A quick check of the other albums in the que revealed no active status bar or download. After several minutes, I realized that nothing was going to happen, in spite of the animated download Icon still moving. The active portion of the program is effectively shut down, and MusicFab has become useless again. I have shut the program down and am waiting on a reply from Staff or Moderator. Thank you.
        Last edited by supine; 06-10-2023, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Update: Totally uninstalled MusicFab, rebooted (again), Reinstalled and restarted MusicFab, Logged back into Spotify, Repopulated the download list, and restarted the downloads. It looks like I'm back in business. So far, everything is behaving optimally. The previously reported glitches still happened though. I would appreciate it if the team would look into them. There was an error logging into Spotify after re-installing MusicFab. It's happened before. I had to abandon using Gmail to log in, The work-around was to go in under my E-mail address; but that's a work-around not a fix.

Edit: A file was created on my desktop called "myeasylog.log". It's evidentially in use by MusicFab. If it's a troubleshooting log, I would be happy to send it to you... but it's empty. there is nothing in it. It's an eyesore sitting there, but under the circumstances, if it might help, I'll leave it there.

The new windows generated, are still populating on top of my work. This is a program that seems destined to run in the background. Having windows populate "on top" and interrupting my work is more than just an inconvenience. During this edit, MusicFab crashed off of the screen again. I restarted it and it's working fine, however, as I'm trying to type this, MusicFab is continually throwing windows up and interrupting my typing every few seconds. For a while, I had thought that the "Windows on top" issue had been addressed; but when I restarted MusicFab, it really became a major pain in my....

Edit to the Edit: Just a note; after dismissing what seemed like twenty five or thirty windows, the new windows started relegating themselves to the background again. I don't know what I did to make them stay in the background, but I was a happy camper. After several minutes, I opened one of those background windows (By the way, there were only two of them. That's very good work!) to check on a file. Bad move. It was several more minutes before I could stop the Windows from populating on top again. As I write this, I am not having my work interrupted every few seconds, but I want you to know it's still hit or miss. I still don't know what I did to get those Windows to stop populating "on top". (I know you're working on it, Thanks)

Click image for larger version  Name:	MusicFab login error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.1 KB ID:	426416
          Last edited by supine; 06-11-2023, 12:55 AM.

Comment

This update is just a re-hash. When I went into my "Office" this morning, MusicFab had crashed overnight and was gone off the screen, I didn't leave anything downloading, I just left it idle on the desktop. When I restarted MusicFab, I could go to an album, but no selection screen would pop up allowing me to select tracks. Closing and restarting MusicFab did not solve the problem. After rebooting and restarting MusicFab, I was again, able to select files. I set several files working in the background and tried to get some work done. Every few seconds, MusicFab would throw a window on top of what I was working on. I tried hiding it behind another window, minimizing the window, and I tried closing the new window. Over and over... well, you get the point. Frustrated, I left the "Office" to allow the batch to finish. When I returned to the "Office", I found that MusicFab had crashed again. From the progress on the download list, it must have been shortly after I left. After another reboot, I was able to finish the download list and resume my tasks on the computer. On the plus side, after checking the files, none were truncated. If nothing new or different pops up, I'll wait for either a reply or an update. If there is anything I can do within my capabilities to help, Please let me know. The Staff has my permission to use my E-mail to contact me concerning any additional testing or reporting. -Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
              This update is just a re-hash. When I went into my "Office" this morning, MusicFab had crashed overnight and was gone off the screen, I didn't leave anything downloading, I just left it idle on the desktop. When I restarted MusicFab, I could go to an album, but no selection screen would pop up allowing me to select tracks. Closing and restarting MusicFab did not solve the problem. After rebooting and restarting MusicFab, I was again, able to select files. I set several files working in the background and tried to get some work done. Every few seconds, MusicFab would throw a window on top of what I was working on. I tried hiding it behind another window, minimizing the window, and I tried closing the new window. Over and over... well, you get the point. Frustrated, I left the "Office" to allow the batch to finish. When I returned to the "Office", I found that MusicFab had crashed again. From the progress on the download list, it must have been shortly after I left. After another reboot, I was able to finish the download list and resume my tasks on the computer. On the plus side, after checking the files, none were truncated. If nothing new or different pops up, I'll wait for either a reply or an update. If there is anything I can do within my capabilities to help, Please let me know. The Staff has my permission to use my E-mail to contact me concerning any additional testing or reporting. -Thanks
              You talk a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sedge View Post

You talk a lot.
                Yup! I sure do. Thank you for your reply. With the sparseness of the input on this thread from the Staff/Moderators, I sometimes think I'm talking to myself. It's good to know that my long winded posts are read by at least one other person.

A long time ago, I used to be a beta tester. I got used to reporting in minute detail, the issues or later non issues that I ran into. You never know what hasn't been reported yet, or what small detail might be a clue to a fix (Or a larger problem that can be nipped in the bud.). Yeah... The re-hash wasn't really necessary, but at this time I'm a little frustrated. You see, as a beta tester, I never actually had to pay for the software I was testing. I just updated to 1.0.0.5. Stand by. If it doesn't work right, another diatribe will be forthcoming.
                Last edited by supine; 06-18-2023, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Well... It doesn't look like this is going to be a long one. Every song in the que has failed. the status bar on the track says analyzing, and after between 13 to 20 minutes, fails. I am logged properly into my account, and after terminating the download, I listened to the track(s) on Spotify. Ideas?

Oh yeah, #Sedge; Repeating issues that still exist after an update, lets the programming team know that any intended fix on that particular issue didn't work. (exists)problem.

Comment

Sigh... I guess I took to long. The edit option is gone from my previous post.
                    Anyway, Update: I uninstalled and re-installed Musicfab. Doing this, allowed me to get ONE song into the can. The next hung at "analyzing" in the progress bar. Still not working. I did the unthinkable, and looked at the last two update logs. I know, not everything is mentioned in these logs, but it doesn't mention anything at all about fixing certain problems with the Spotify downloader. Is there a way I can download and install the previous (broken) version? At least that one somewhat worked good enough to get a few whole (non truncated) songs.

Comment

Supine, I have been keeping an eye on you.

I am sorry you are having so many problems.

Remember when Camelion Said it was an EXCELLENT Program..

I am going to Cont ripping my DVD's

MAYBE Next year, I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post
                        Supine, I have been keeping an eye on you.

I am sorry you are having so many problems.

Remember when Camelion Said it was an EXCELLENT Program..

I am going to Cont ripping my DVD's

MAYBE Next year, I will check it out.
                        At this point, that's probably the best idea. 1.0.0.5 was a bust. I thought the program might still have issues, but would be at least somewhat usable by now. The "Fab" staff and programmers are usually right on point. In DVDFab, if there is a protection that hasn't been addressed, I generally get a notice to try back in a week. Sometimes it's a little bet longer, but usually the DVD that I purchased digitizes correctly within ten to fourteen days. I still have faith in the "Fab" team, but right now it's been a little shaken. I believe that this new product could have used a lot more testing, and was pushed out way to early. There is a thirty day money back guarantee. I don't know weather I'll make it to 1.0.0.6. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Downloading in FLAC is close to impossible with Apple Music in 1.0.0.5, I had to revert to 1.0.0.4. I have Apple, Prime Music, and Spotify. It's great they all have almost the same libraries but when I have to retry 5 times to get it to download the program turns into a chore. It's new so I'll give it some time, I have to say I love the program when it works correctly so I have faith it will be fixed.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                            Downloading in FLAC is close to impossible with Apple Music in 1.0.0.5, I had to revert to 1.0.0.4. I have Apple, Prime Music, and Spotify. It's great they all have almost the same libraries but when I have to retry 5 times to get it to download the program turns into a chore. It's new so I'll give it some time, I have to say I love the program when it works correctly so I have faith it will be fixed.
                            I'll be reverting back to 1.0.0.4 in a couple of minutes. I can't do much or anything at all with 1.0.0.5. I too have faith. I just hope things progress sooner than later.

[SQL! there's a blast from my past. I did X-base. I should have stuck with the lower level languages. When I left the Military, I lost the need to program in the Database languages, then the skills.]

Comment

Reverting to 1.0,0,4 Didn't help. The same tracks seem to be failing over and over. I downloaded a "Short" album with only three songs. After many, many tries, I managed to get all three. The file name and metadata were reversed on two of them. Tracks were analyzing for five to seven minutes before they finally went through, and it can sometimes take up to fifteen minutes for a file to fail. Like #Chameleon​ said, This is too much of a chore. Looks like I'm totally down, at least until 1.0.0.6. - Rats...

Note: I turned in a ticket and managed to upload my .log. It looks like the team is actively looking into this. There IS hope. Keeping the faith.
                              Last edited by supine; 06-20-2023, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                                Reverting to 1.0,0,4 Didn't help. The same tracks seem to be failing over and over. I downloaded a "Short" album with only three songs. After many, many tries, I managed to get all three. The file name and metadata were reversed on two of them. Tracks were analyzing for five to seven minutes before they finally went through, and it can sometimes take up to fifteen minutes for a file to fail. Like #Chameleon​ said, This is too much of a chore. Looks like I'm totally down, at least until 1.0.0.6. - Rats...

Note: I turned in a ticket and managed to upload my .log. It looks like the team is actively looking into this. There IS hope. Keeping the faith.
                                We will soon release a new version to optimize the failure problem and improve the success rate, please wait a while

Comment

Working...
                                X