Which UHD drive to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool Which UHD drive to buy?

Looking to start ripping my 4K blu rays and wondered what drive should I buy? The Asus BW-16D1HT looks inexpensive and rated well on amazon! Any other suggestions for a reliable drive that can handle a good amount of ripping of both standard and UHD blu rays? I already bought the UHD drive tool so I just need a UHD friendly drive.

Asus BW-16D1HT , I have two of them and Highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by rocker69 View Post
      Asus BW-16D1HT , I have two of them and Highly recommend.
      Ironically that’s the drive I had my eye on as well. After doing a ton of research it looks like it’s compatible with UHD and the Drive tool plus I don’t need to search out a specific build code like the LGs.

Comment

The sleep bug is only if you upgrade to windows 10, never had a problem rips like a MUTHA. but the choice is yours.

Comment

The DVDFab developers have tested many drives. The ones listed in this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...nfo#post364290 are suitable. Scroll down to Q1 in the FAQ to see the list.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Billycar11
            i would go with WH16NS60 it native drive and is supported with 1.00 firmware and does not have the sleep bug like the asus
            Sleep Bug with the Asus drives never had that problem and have two of them for UHD as well as the LG WH16NS60 no issue with either the Asus or the LG?

Comment

Originally posted by rocker69 View Post
              The sleep bug is only if you upgrade to windows 10, never had a problem rips like a MUTHA. but the choice is yours.
              Well I do run windows 10, will that be an issue with the Asus? I had thought about the nativeLG drive but locating the specific build code version proved tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Billycar11
                leave the drive idle for 2 mins with a UHD disk in it you will have the sleep bug WH16NS60 only has 1 build code and its NS60 your thinking of WH16NS40 and WH14NS40 they need NS50.
                the sleep bug only happens with uhd disks left idle for 2+ mins and when you try to read it it makes a horrable seeking sound then you need to open and close tray to fix. its not a problem for riping but for play back if you pause a movie or something.
                Thanks for the heads up! I only plan to rip so hopefully the sleep bug won’t be an issue. I’ll try the LG drive you mentioned (official UHD supported) if the asus doesn’t work for me. It’s twice as much money so I will try the Asus first

Comment

Working...
                X