Odd behaviour with 4K rips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Odd behaviour with 4K rips

I've just successfully ripped Captain Marvel, but I notice a big difference between that rip and the one I id using MakeKV and Handbrake. The issue is resolution:
    MakeMKV+Handbrake - Output resoultion is 3840x1608
    DVDFab - Output resolution is 3840x2160

We can't tell you what other products may be doing, but if DVDFab is set for Passthrough of video, what you will get = what is on the disc. It can't be auto-cropped unless you re-encode the video (which can be done with different settings in Ripper).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      It can't be auto-cropped unless you re-encode the video (which can be done with different settings in Ripper).
      How do you crop a UHD disc in Rip mode? I would really like to know how as you have this feature turned off. I have Crop Automatically switched on and the option is unavailable when you try and edit the movie. The HDR is NOT contained within the black bars because when I rip using Handbrake is crops just fine and retains the HDR but it's a software conversion, not hardware so I don't use Handbrake. I would really like to know how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
        How do you crop a UHD disc in Rip mode? I would really like to know how as you have this feature turned off. I have Crop Automatically switched on and the option is unavailable when you try and edit the movie. The HDR is NOT contained within the black bars because when I rip using Handbrake is crops just fine and retains the HDR but it's a software conversion, not hardware so I don't use Handbrake. I would really like to know how to do this.
        Crop in UHD Ripper is currently not supported. I will pass your request to our developers.

Comment

Hi there, please give the latest v11043 a try, we've added the crop feature to UHD Ripper.

New: Added the support to crop videos when converting 4K sources containing HDR10 content in the UHD Ripper module.

Comment

Thanks for getting this added Mona Also please thank the developers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Hi there, please give the latest v11043 a try, we've added the crop feature to UHD Ripper.
              That's great.

Comment

I tried ripping IT (2017) on version 11.0.5.3, and crop was disabled.
                I then put in an HD Blu-ray, and it was still disabled until I closed and reopened the program.

Comment

Looks like Dolby Vision isn't supported yet.
                  I don't understand why but Alita- Battle Angel isn't cropping. Once you made cropping available on UHD Rips I've started re-ripping my UHD collection. Previous

Comment

Working...
                  X