Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to flash my lg wh16ns40 drive using a NexStart DX drive enclosure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool Unable to flash my lg wh16ns40 drive using a NexStart DX drive enclosure.

It starts the process, open and close the tray, then just fail and a ask to contact support.
    I've included the log file.
    The drive still works normally.
    Attached Files

your drive has version 1.04 firmware and will not currently work with the downgrade tool
    see post #9 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...hould-i-to-buy

Comment

We are working on the solution for lg wh16ns40 drive with firmware 1.04 and the solution will be available soon. I will keep you posted.

Comment

The new UHD Drive Tool 2.0.0.2 supports to downgrade lg wh16ns40 drive with firmware 1.04 now.

Anyone who has issue downgrading this drive can update DVDFab to have a try.

NOTE: The drive model will become "WH16NS60" from "WH16NS40" after downgrading the firmware, but don't worry, it's safe to downgrade and the downgraded drive will be able read the back-up UHD Blu-ray discs well.
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 04-01-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          The new UHD Drive Tool 2.0.0.2 supports to downgrade lg wh16ns40 drive with firmware 1.04 now.

Anyone who has issue downgrading this drive can update DVDFab to have a try.

NOTE: The drive model will become "WH16NS60" from "WH16NS40" after downgrading the firmware, but don't worry, it's safe to downgrade and the downgraded drive will be able read the back-up UHD Blu-ray discs well.
          I am replying to you after 2 years, sorry. I have 2 of these drives with the WH16NS60 firmware, is it possible to get them back to the WH16NS40 firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPoppa View Post

I am replying to you after 2 years, sorry. I have 2 of these drives with the WH16NS60 firmware, is it possible to get them back to the WH16NS40 firmware?
            see Q18 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...usb-connection
            it should restore your old firmware

Last edited by october262; 11-11-2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

see Q18 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...usb-connection
              it should restore your old firmware
              Thanks but they show in there as the WH16NS60 models now. All my drives are WH16NS40 models.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (6).png
Views:	338
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	417669

Comment

The old drives just show as that now after this specific update above.

Comment

The old drives just show as that now after this specific update above.
                  did you try what is listed under "Troubleshooting" - drive safe mode ?? perhaps you can restore your drives firmware there.

Comment

did you try what is listed under "Troubleshooting" - drive safe mode ?? perhaps you can restore your drives firmware there.
                    No, I haven't but I will try it. Thanks.

Comment

No, I haven't but I will try it. Thanks.
                      That didn't work either. I also tried the suggestions on this site and it doesn't work. The LG Firmware program won't work either because it sees it as a WH16NS60. This isn't very pleasant. I can't believe DVDFAB's software turned my drives into something else and I can't get them back now. I always wondered why the drives were so loud and grindy sounding and it is because of the other firmware. I bought 2 new WH16NS40 and they don't grind when used.

Comment

That didn't work either. I also tried the suggestions on this site and it doesn't work. The LG Firmware program won't work either because it sees it as a WH16NS60. This isn't very pleasant. I can't believe DVDFAB's software turned my drives into something else and I can't get them back now. I always wondered why the drives were so loud and grindy sounding and it is because of the other firmware. I bought 2 new WH16NS40 and they don't grind when used.
                        try here - https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26069

Comment

Thank you again, I tried the flasher from there but because the drive identifies itself ad the 60, they don't work. If someone out there has just the .bin file, I can use a flasher tool to flash it. I may just be out of luck.

Comment

Thank you again, I tried the flasher from there but because the drive identifies itself ad the 60, they don't work. If someone out there has just the .bin file, I can use a flasher tool to flash it. I may just be out of luck.
                            will this work ?? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfpf6HoMMis

Comment

This is kind of what I did and I just fixed them in the last 30 minutes. Thank you for trying to help. I know have four WH16NS40's again.

Comment

Working...
                              X