Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Direct Render the foreign language track while remuxing the regular subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not aware of that issue with Plex but it explains a lot of posts I have seen here from time to time. Direct Render to Video should work fine, but you will have to use an encoding profile in Ripper (not a Passthrough). Direct Render also means you are limited to one sub stream.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I use Plex and no issues with subtitles or HDR. I use the Ripper module with the following profiles:

-DVD profile = MKV.H265.10bit Copy video. Copy Audio. Direct Render Subtitle.
      -BR profile = MKV.H265.10bit 2 Pass High Quality Video. Copy Audio. Direct Render Subtitle.
      -UHD profile = MKV.H265.10bit 2 Pass High Quality Video. Copy Audio. Direct Render Subtitle.

You must find which subtitle is the correct one and you must know if you need to use the Forced checkbox or not to use Direct Render. So preview the movie and click on the English subtitle, if you see subtitles for all speech, then click the Forced checkbox.
      Some titles have multiple English subtitle tracks, you need to find the correct one. I use this link, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2134580265, which is updated regularly, to find at what timecode there is subs in a movie, then use the preview window in DVDFab to go to that timecode and click through the English subs to find the right one.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I was not aware of that issue with Plex but it explains a lot of posts I have seen here from time to time. Direct Render to Video should work fine, but you will have to use an encoding profile in Ripper (not a Passthrough). Direct Render also means you are limited to one sub stream.
        To be precise, this is only the Plex app built in to LG TV's as far as I know.

I was able to Direct Render the Forced subs. Do you have any idea how I can get the full subtitles extracted? I was going to extract them as SRT but every time I try that Fab crashes.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
          I use Plex and no issues with subtitles or HDR. I use the Ripper module with the following profiles:

-DVD profile = MKV.H265.10bit Copy video. Copy Audio. Direct Render Subtitle.
          -BR profile = MKV.H265.10bit 2 Pass High Quality Video. Copy Audio. Direct Render Subtitle.
          -UHD profile = MKV.H265.10bit 2 Pass High Quality Video. Copy Audio. Direct Render Subtitle.

You must find which subtitle is the correct one and you must know if you need to use the Forced checkbox or not to use Direct Render. So preview the movie and click on the English subtitle, if you see subtitles for all speech, then click the Forced checkbox.
          Some titles have multiple English subtitle tracks, you need to find the correct one. I use this link, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2134580265, which is updated regularly, to find at what timecode there is subs in a movie, then use the preview window in DVDFab to go to that timecode and click through the English subs to find the right one.
          Sorry, I should have been more precise. This is for the Plex app built in to LG TV's. It's been an issue for years according to threads on their forum but apparently they aren't going to bother fixing it.

There was only one English sub track so I checked Forced Only and that worked thx. I've never had to check Forced Only before for forced subs to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post

I was able to Direct Render the Forced subs. Do you have any idea how I can get the full subtitles extracted? I was going to extract them as SRT but every time I try that Fab crashes.
            I was able to extract the subs to srt with another program so I'm good.

Comment

Working...
            X