Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UHD Creator outputs 60fps from 29.97fps - how do I change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Creator outputs 60fps from 29.97fps - how do I change?

Hello all,

I am hoping you can help me with the following:

1) I have 4K/29.97fps clips in MP4/H.264 format, with HLG dynamic range and BT.2020 colorspace

2) I use Black Magic Design Resolve Studio to render a single MP4/H.264 out of all the clips in HDR10 (ST 2086 output), and it also renders at 23.97fps

Here's the MediaInfo of the output file:

General
    CompleteName : H:\Video Projects\Moon-August-2020.mp4
    Format/String : MPEG-4
    Format_Profile : Base Media
    CodecID/String : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
    FileSize/String : 7.12 GiB
    Duration/String : 8 min 28 s
    OverallBitRate/String : 120 Mb/s
    Encoded_Application/String : Lavf57.25.100

Video
    ID/String : 1
    Format/String : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format_Profile : High@L5.1
    HDR_Format/String : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Format_Settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format_Settings_CABAC/String : Yes
    Format_Settings_RefFrames/String : 4 frames
    CodecID : avc1
    CodecID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    BitRate/String : 120 Mb/s
    Width/String : 3 840 pixels
    Height/String : 2 160 pixels
    DisplayAspectRatio/String : 16:9
    FrameRate_Mode/String : Constant
    FrameRate/String : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
    ColorSpace : YUV
    ChromaSubsampling/String : 4:2:0
    BitDepth/String : 8 bits
    ScanType/String : Progressive
    Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.483
    StreamSize/String : 7.11 GiB (100%)
    colour_range : Limited
    colour_primaries : BT.2020
    transfer_characteristics : PQ
    matrix_coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    MasteringDisplay_ColorPrimaries : BT.2020
    MasteringDisplay_Luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    MaxCLL : 1000 cd/m2
    MaxFALL : 400 cd/m2
    Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
    ID/String : 2
    Format/String : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    CodecID : mp4a-40-2
    Duration_LastFrame/String : -15 ms
    BitRate_Mode/String : Constant
    BitRate/String : 196 kb/s
    Channel(s)/String : 2 channels
    ChannelLayout : L R
    SamplingRate/String : 48.0 kHz
    FrameRate/String : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression_Mode/String : Lossy
    StreamSize/String : 11.9 MiB (0%)
    Default/String : Yes
    AlternateGroup/String : 1

3) I import that MP4 into UHD Creator in order to burn into a bluray, which completes

4) I then try to play it back with a Panasonic UB9000 UHD player (which supports HDR10, HDR10+ and DolbyVision at up to 30fps) and Sony A8F OLED TV, and the player downconverts to SDR/BT.709 (puts up a message), and I lose the HDR10
    Here's what the player says on the screen about the movie and what it outputs:

Movie: 3840x2160/60p HDR(PQ)/BT.2020 (this looks correct)
    HDMI Output: 4K/60p SDR/BT.709

I know for a fact that my player will not play back 4K HDR10 at 60fps, so it downconverts to SDR/BT.709; by contrast, I have read that Oppos do support that frame rate.

QUESTION: Why does UHD Creator change my frame rate to 60fps, and how can I change it to keep the original?

Thanks in advance

Tasos

You put this in the wrong forum, I will move it for you.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for this!

Comment

You are welcome, but I do not have an answer for you yet, I have never experienced this frame rate issue. It may be related to the Source material. Normally 29.97 fps is interlaced, but I see that BDInfo reports it as progressive.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's what the player says on screen, to confirm what I wrote above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4200.JPG
Views:	467
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	384325

Comment

Not only does it seem to convert to 60fps, it also looks like it outputs 10bits??? The original is clearly 8 bits.

Comment

Originally posted by tkotsikonas View Post
              Not only does it seem to convert to 60fps, it also looks like it outputs 10bits??? The original is clearly 8 bits.
              To better check the issue reported, please attach the dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file. Or you can post the feedback ID, please refer to: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...oblems-quickly

Comment

Thanks. Attached are the most recent sections of those files. Things I noticed:

2020.08.05-11:16:07: Source Video FPS: 30000 / 1001
                2020.08.05-11:17:53: info: set output video frame_rate(60000/1001)

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tkotsikonas View Post
                  Thanks. Attached are the most recent sections of those files. Things I noticed:

2020.08.05-11:16:07: Source Video FPS: 30000 / 1001
                  2020.08.05-11:17:53: info: set output video frame_rate(60000/1001)
                  We have tested some files, but cannot reproduce the issue of "outputs 60fps from 29.97fps", please upload one short video source to us to help duplicate the issue, thank you.

Comment

Thanks. I am getting an error while trying to attach a small 150MB MP4, which is a few seconds long. Is there another way for me to upload the video?

Comment

... and moreover, MediaInfo shows the following in the exploded blu-ray video:

blu-ray M2TS:
                      HDR_Format/String: SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
                      FrameRate/String: 59.940
                      BitDepth/String: 10 bit

Comment

I think I figured out the problem - are you using h265 like I am? For whatever reason, Fab no longer recognizes that my GPU (NVidia GTX 1660) is capable of HW H265 encoding/decoding. This caused the transcode rate to reduce to really slow.

I think I'm going to have to revert to pre-11.1x... too buggy for me.

Comment

Sorry, no issues with Nvidia acceleration here. I am still unable to upload a test video, says "Error uploading image"; it feels like it's rejecting it because of size? 150MB? What's the upload limit?

Comment

The forum is not presently set up for hosting large files of any type, it makes for slow page loads for all pages, not just this one. Please upload it to one of the free file hosting sites and post a link. How large are the Source clips?

Comment

That makes sense. Here's a public link to a test video that I am having trouble with https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynpv00zjgw...23295.mp4?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                              X