Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it plays them well. You can fill a HDD or USB flash drive with them.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

New firmware

All,

New firmware was released today for DVDFab Movie Server, please be sure to allow it to update when it requests it. Quite a number of fixes and improvements. The version is 1.0.0.1
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Optical Audio Output!

Hello,

I am curious, does this optical audio output manage to output the audio in its RAW form or will it downmix the audio? Does anyone know or has experimented with it? I ask as most if not all BluRay players all downmix the audio and to get true DTS HD Master audio, TRUE HD or even Dolby ATMOS you have to go through the HDMI output. So if the DVDFAB Guys know this or anyone who has experimented with it can answer this for me I would be grateful to know as I don't want to setup my amp to go through the optical only to find the audio is being downmixed or RAW audio is not being outputted through the optical output.

Thank you!

Ford

Comment

Hi Ford,

For optical audio ouput, you can choose passthrough AC3/DTS, or downmix to stereo.

Best Regards,
          Fengtao
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

MS will read only EXTERNAL HDD USB (it only has 1x USB input) and you can make it show as a Wall (you can have video files, .MKV, .ISO or Folders there) and all will show in the wall properly.

FEATURE REQUEST (should be easy and straightforward for you guys and would make this MS a Charm!! ):
            1- MS will NOT show the option to show as Wall if you select the Internal HDD. I would love to enable this option for internal HDD, else I can't import my library to MS with my internal 8 TB.

2- MS, for now it will show combined wall of the external HDD and internal HDD. Would be great to access all our movie from the 2 sources in 1 place.

3- The first option (FILM) will only show ISO sent with DVD Fab. Would be great that the first option in MS (Film) shows a wall of .ISO, video files, .MKV, VIDEO_TS folders, from both the Internal and the External source.

I hope this get heard as this is why I bought the MS in the first place, to have all my movies in one place with metadata and easy access.

Comment

Morphart,
              Your problem is not clear to me. If you transfer or place existing content into the DVDFab folder on the internal hard drive, it will show in the Wall format (folder OR ISO) when you click "Movies" (far left icon). Please clarify this. Also, this thread is not for reporting problems, please start a new one in the future, they are free!

Comment

FEATURE REQUEST: It would be really nice if there was a simple flag that could be set against a particular movie file to indicate that it is a bonus disc, The only way to tell properly is by the running time, but this is not always useful when you have a behind the scenes documentary that is around the same length as the movie itself.
                Maybe have some choices: Main Movie / Bonus / Alternative version -- or simply a free text field so you can tag it how you like.

Comment

Movie Function Menu > Search
                  Why no spacebar on the on screen keyboard?

Comment

I think because the Search function will provide choices based on just a few letter entries and filters them as you type. Don't know what it does with titles that begin "T-h-e". There is also no way to use this feature with wireless mini-keyboard (does not allow real keyboard text entry into the search box). Will pass it up the food chain.

Comment

Are there documented JSON or XML calls to movie server to enable direct IP control (v. IR remote or future iPhone or Android App)? I exchanged some emails with tech support, but they were not aware of any I/F and forwarded request to engineering.

Comment

No, sorry. Not presently that I am aware of.

Comment

Thank you signals. Please add to feature request list.

Comment

The firmware developers read this list daily, I'm sure they will see it. Many of the features first requested here are part of the app now and user feedback is very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                              Hi Ford,

For optical audio ouput, you can choose passthrough AC3/DTS, or downmix to stereo.

Best Regards,
                              Fengtao
                              Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but i need to ask, so if i choose the passthrough for the optical audio output to my AVR it doesn't get decoded down to something else right?...it in fact gets passthrough as a RAW format that it is depending upon the source and then my receiver will get Dolby Atmos 7.1 or DTS HD 7.1 or AC3, etc. with no re encoding of any kind correct? I ask as my system is setup to go through my HDMI but ultimately the best is optical sound as it has no interference or anything that can potentially distort it like HDMI or SPDIF, etc. although optical is the best.

Thank you for your response to my question!!!

Andrew

Comment

Hi Ford,

You said optical audio output in previous post, so I replied that. This time you mentioned HDMI, so I think you are talking about HDMI passthrough, and yes, HDMI passthrough is supported, from Dolby Atmos 7.1 to DTS-HD 7.1 or DTS:X.

Best Regards,
                                Fengtao
                                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
                                X