Stuttering in Video and Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Stuttering in Video and Audio

I am having problems with iso playback. Both video and audio stutter in playback. I am playing from a local drive. I have tried connecting to network servers that I have and experience the same problem. My WD Live TV box plays the video just fine. I am disappointed. Please help.

If you are playing from the "SATA1" drive in the box itself, you should see no problems with the playback. I have 4 or 5 Blu-rays on the drive in mine that look fine on the attached TV. Are you using the HDMI output to connect to the display? Are you playing video files (MP4, MKV, etc.) or ISOs or folders of a disc?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Video Stuttring

Playing from SATA1. HDMI thru DENON receiver. Tried network shares with exact same performance. WD Live box plays network shares just fine. I recopied a couple of movies. No change in performance. Playing DVD iso files. Copied entire disc in DVD5 format.
      Last edited by mrfedora; 07-08-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Video Stuttering

Removed all configuration settings for automatic 3D playback. Video and audio stable now.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfedora View Post
          Removed all configuration settings for automatic 3D playback. Video and audio stable now.
          That was the first thing I did, it should be defaulted off. I would suggest especiallly for Full Disc from DVD, that it not be compressed to DVD5. HDD space is cheap!
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I only have full disks and it stutters all the movie!! Intern HD and NAS. Not on my Tronsmart player!!

Comment

How to connect the Movie Server to your TV?

And please check the setting in Settings -> Playback.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Stutter

Playing my 1st movie from DVDFAB movie server. It is full disk ISO made at DVD9. I am hooked up via HDMI. 3D is turned off in settings, it was on. I only saw one 3D setting. Sound gives a rasping sound occasionally. Last about 2 seconds. Video has the tiniest stutter, hardly noticeable, but there. The movie I'm testing with was sent to server via network. I'm going to physically attach the drive to my PC and copy it that way to see if anything changes.

Comment

Stutter issues

Well I've tried copying movies over with the Movie Server disk attached to my PC. I've tried 3 different movies now and they all stutter video and audio at the same time. If the characters are speaking then you cannot understand them. I would say it last a second or two. Occurs about every minute. Please help. I'm hoping that it is nothing more than a setting somewhere.

Comment

Stuttering issue Continues

I tried making a new ISO full disk as well as an ISO main movie,
                    Same issue. Movie stutters and audio makes a rasping sound.
                    Last for a second or so and actually happens every 30 seconds or so.
                    Totally unwatchable at this time.

Is there any kind of logs I can send in or a way to send my setups?
                    Anything I can do to fix this please let me know.
                    Thanks

Comment

A good test would be to see how the same ISOs play on your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
                        I tried making a new ISO full disk as well as an ISO main movie,
                        Same issue. Movie stutters and audio makes a rasping sound.
                        Last for a second or so and actually happens every 30 seconds or so.
                        Totally unwatchable at this time.

Is there any kind of logs I can send in or a way to send my setups?
                        Anything I can do to fix this please let me know.
                        Thanks
                        Hi,

Whenever Santa Claus decides to deliver my movie server I'll pour my 2 cents in here, since I have over 100 ISO's store in my external HDD! However, I can say, if you extracted the ISO from a disk onto your HDD with the wrong format it can stutter -- And this is where I am curious about the MS -- It seems that it might not automatically fit. and / or retreat the right format -- Anyhow, will see!

BTW -- Signal does have the right approach -- test with PC using a standard viewer to see how that goes!

Regards
                        Ish

Comment

Stutter issues

Ok. I mounted one of the ISO files and played it using 5K player.
                          No issues at all. played flawlessly

Comment

Stutter issues

Ok. I think I have this box hosed up now. I have a Vizio 70" model E70-E3 TV. I tried hooking the MS to different ports on my TV. HDMI ports 2+3 that were being used by my Xbox-one and Direct-TV. No change, still stuttering . I then tried HDMI port1. This apparently is able to do ARC. Not sure what that is but the MS didnt even display on this port. I then put the MS back on HDMI port 4 were I have been trying it all along. Now I get a message on my TV that says not supported when ever the MS powers on. Does the same thing on ports 2+3. Tried using the reset button on the back of the MS with nothing happening. Tried with power on, with power off, with just the red power light on. Tried just hitting it once and holding it in for 15 seconds. nothing works. What is the proper use of the reset button?
                            Getting desperate.

Comment

Stutter issues

I will unplug and let sit. One update. When I turn my TV off then on again I see the MS menu for about 2 seconds then the TV displays not supported again. I did a reset to factory defaults on the TV and nothing has changed. I have removed the HDD with no change.

Comment

Working...
                              X