No announcement yet.

No HDD recognized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't reproduce this problem, please make sure you show 1.0.5 and 1.0.0.3 installed on the Settings-About page. Try unmounting the drive in Settings->Disk Manager, then turn off the box using the Shut Down option from the IR remote. It will remount the drive when it reboots.Tell us if it asks again to rescan the movies.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Bravo - new software has the format option! Works great! Well done DVDFab !

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        I can't reproduce this problem, please make sure you show 1.0.5 and 1.0.0.3 installed on the Settings-About page. Try unmounting the drive in Settings->Disk Manager, then turn off the box using the Shut Down option from the IR remote. It will remount the drive when it reboots.Tell us if it asks again to rescan the movies.
        The versions are correct. I did the unmount and so far that seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, glad it is working now.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Wanted to let you know that when I turned my MS on this morning I got the same message as yesterday saying "A new disk drive detected"
            Not sure what the issue is and there has to be others having the same thing happening(maybe not). I've remove the HDD so I can copy all the movies off. I'm then going to let the
            MS format it. Hopefully this will resolve the error.

Comment

I wanted to follow up with my results. Nothing seems to be going my way right now. I copied all the files over to my WIN10 pc.
              I then formatted the HDD with the MS.
              I reattached to my PC via the docking station. My pc did not recognize the format of the drive so I could not copy all the movies back.
              I had to format the disk NTFS with my pc again. I copied all the movies back and reinstalled in the MS.
              On the first power up it said "New disk drive detected". I clicked OK. I have since did a shut down 3 more times with no message.
              I will keep you informed.

Comment

Still getting same message to pop up. About 1 in every 3 or 4 shutdown and power up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

Still getting same message to pop up. About 1 in every 3 or 4 shutdown and power up.
                  You can format the HDD to EXT4 format in Disk Manager to see the result.
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post

You can format the HDD to EXT4 format in Disk Manager to see the result.
                    I don't have that option. I have either NFTS or exFAT or REF...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

I don't have that option. I have either NFTS or exFAT or REF...
                      Please update your MS at first, you will see it in Settings.
                      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post

Please update your MS at first, you will see it in Settings.
                        OK. I misunderstood. When you stated to format HDD in Disk Manager I thought you were referring to Disk Manager within Win10.
                        I have formatted the HDD with MS to EXT4 but when I move the HDD to a docking station on my PC it is not seen.
                        I want to hook it to my PC to manually move a large amount of files from my PC to the HDD. It takes forever to move them over the network.

Comment

Hunter,
                          If you want to use the drive that way (this is what I do as well), you should leave the drive formatted NTFS so your PC can see and use it.. Movie Server will tolerate it fine this way, but will only format it EXT4 if you use the format tool while the drive is inside the Movie Server,

Comment

Hunter,
                            If you want to use the drive that way (this is what I do as well), you should leave the drive formatted NTFS so your PC can see and use it.. Movie Server will tolerate it fine.
                            Signals, The drive had been working fine for me with NTFS until this latest code update. After the update I'm getting these new errors almost every time I power on the MS.

Comment

Are you using the IR remote to shut it down () or turning off the power switch on the back of the unit () (or unplugging it)?

Comment

Are you using the IR remote to shut it down () or turning off the power switch on the back of the unit () (or unplugging it)?
                                I almost always us the IR remote for a shutdown. There have been a couple of times where the shutdown hangs and I've had to use the switch

Comment

Working...
                                X