This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other why doesn't database update

Just wondering why doesn't database update when scanning library? I've got several new episodes for different tv series. Do I have to rebuild the data base to have them included???
    If I have to do that I'll have to edit it again as some movies\TV series are not in the database that are used for scrapping. Another problem I have is that the danish " The Killing (2007)" also have another series "The killing season (2016)" included under the same poster, but of course you can't have 2 season 1's. I removed "The killing season (2016)" and rebuilt the database. Then I put "The killing season (2016)" back on the Media player and rebuilt the database again hoping that it would seperate them. But NO, it put it back under The killing (2007). How can this be fixed???
    Viking lost down under

And here I was happy that I only had do changes to just over 200 TV series and movies. That was until I had a closer look at the metadata.

Blindspot S03E13 & E14 Missing
    DCs Ledgends of tomorrow S03E12 &E13 Missing
    Falling water S02E09 Missing
    iZombie S04E01 & E02 Missing
    Lucifer S03E15 missing
    Marvels Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. S05E11 &E12 missing
    Merlin (1998) S01E01-E02 are under Merlin (2008)
    Merlin (2008) S01E01 & E02 missing
    Scorpion S04E18 missing
    The Bridge 10 x S03E01
    The Bridge 10 x S02E01
    The Bridge 2 x S01E01 & 8 x S01E02
    Doctor Who (2005) S05E04 Missing
    Doctor Who (2005) S06E04 & E09 Missing
    Doctor Who (2005) S07E01 missing & 3 x S07E03 & 8 x S07E05
    The Gifted S01E09 through to E13 missing
    The blacklist S05E14 & E15 missing
    The Flash S04E14 & E15 missing
    The Arrow S06E14 & E15 Missing
    The tunnel S03E01 & E06 through to E10 Missing
    The tunnel S02E01 & E07 through to E10 Missing
    The tunnel S01E01 & E07 & E11 missing

At this Point I decided not to look at any of the others.

The arrow (2008) is always named as The arrow (1998), There are a couple others inc. movies with this problem.

After this rude wake-up call I decided to do a factory reset.
    When this was completed, I had 415 video's.
    I than did a "scrape unrecognized video", This left me with 13 to try and fix.
    I also had at least 2 TV series missing could be as much as 5.

I Checked all the above again and NOTHING had changed. My understanding is that if you do a factory reset or rebuild library all your data is deleted and you start from scratch.

Can any body help explain to me how to fix this????????????

I'm not a happy lad any more as this was 5th / 6th attempt. I'm starting to think that programs / firmware is very flawed. I'm using the latest firmware and not winning.

The above suggest that you can't add episodes after the the first creation. As you can see some of the episodes are d/l in the last 2 weeks.
    Last edited by ejm; 03-11-2018, 10:03 AM.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

Here is another that I found today.

Path

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (2003)/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (1980)/Season 1/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (2004)/Season 1/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica Caprica (2010)/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (1978)/Season 1/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (2004)/Season 2/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (2004)/Season 3/

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (2004)/Season 4/ Title

Year

Select Scraper

Language

Search Cancel
      Viking lost down under

Comment

It appears to me that no one has any idea what's going on, not even the devs who made it. I sent some of this to admin last week in a personal post and have heard nothing at all. Since the above post I've re-built the database 3 times. The same problems happen every time.

Movies have names that do not come close to original name or even year.

TV series are missing and others are joint together under the same name, some do not have the correct name. These can be changed on the fly as I have done this so many times before and know what incorrect names need changing. When checking the movies / TV series on the media player, sometimes it crashes and asks to be re-booted. When you go to play eg. Battlestar Galactica You end up having to choose which episode 1 (out of 6 and so on). This is stupid, as you have no CLUE, to which one goes with what.

I ASSUME that somebody is trying to fix the problem. As we all know what this means: ASS-U-ME

I bought this media player because of the interface shown on DVDFab's site. Now I feel like it was a mistake to have gotten rid of my previous player as it was so simple to use and to access my computer upstairs, whereas this one IS A BL**** nightmare. It appears that I've wasted the last month checking and re-checking making sure that everything is perfect, and still getting the same problems over and over and over again (NOT AMUSED ANYMORE). It appears the "cloud" uses the name given but does not check the year.

eg.
        merlin (2004) vs merlin 2008 and the list goes on.
        Forgotten the name now but year was (2008) and it comes up with (1955), and this was NOT the only one.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEBODY FROM ADMIN WOULD READ AND RESPOND.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

I had a chat with one of the other members here, and this was my response:
          • Done that 5 times already. Every time it is done I end up with the same problems, sometimes worse than others. at the moment I'm missing several tv series and others are only part there. Others are joint together by the hip, so when you try to watch them on the media player you get eg. 4xE1 & 4x E2 etc etc
          • Today, 08:13 AM
            The bridge (2011) is one of the lost TV series. I just downloaded Season 4. After I did the scan of my media, I ended up with the new videos, supposed to be 8 in total. What I got was:

8 x E1, 7 x E2, 6 x E3, 5 x E4, 4 x E5, 3 x E6, 3 x E7 and 1 x E8.

That totals 37 Episodes.

Anything I add through the cloud IS NOT reflected on my media player. That is properly why every time when I do a factory reset or rebuild the database, I end up with the same PROBLEM time and time again.
          I ended up re-booting the media player, that fixed all of the multi episodes. All the problems stayed the same. Now I have Season 4, but not season 1,2 and 3. I decided to see if I could watch season 4, as I thought. Media player still isn't being updated. Than I decided to search for Dune, not found. I typed in "the" as this is the most used for movies / TV series. well, another not found.
          I proceeded to find a TV series via the "posters", selected 1, then the large "bang" happened. Unable to connect to server, please restart media player.

I did this, and when I got home 3 hours later and tried again. Lo and behold, Unable to connect to server, please restart media player.

I will be waiting to Friday night before doing anything. Hopefully I would have heard back from admin by then, otherwise I'll be cranking back the firmware to the oldest I've got as this one seems to have huge problems.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

Hi,

The TV name is normal, the poster should be displayed correctly. We will check it ASAP.

Blindspot S03E13 & E14 Missing
            DCs Ledgends of tomorrow S03E12 &E13 Missing
            Falling water S02E09 Missing
            iZombie S04E01 & E02 Missing
            Lucifer S03E15 missing
            Marvels Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. S05E11 &E12 missing
            Merlin (1998) S01E01-E02 are under Merlin (2008)
            Merlin (2008) S01E01 & E02 missing
            Scorpion S04E18 missing
            The Bridge 10 x S03E01
            The Bridge 10 x S02E01
            The Bridge 2 x S01E01 & 8 x S01E02
            Doctor Who (2005) S05E04 Missing
            Doctor Who (2005) S06E04 & E09 Missing
            Doctor Who (2005) S07E01 missing & 3 x S07E03 & 8 x S07E05
            The Gifted S01E09 through to E13 missing
            The blacklist S05E14 & E15 missing
            The Flash S04E14 & E15 missing
            The Arrow S06E14 & E15 Missing
            The tunnel S03E01 & E06 through to E10 Missing
            The tunnel S02E01 & E07 through to E10 Missing
            The tunnel S01E01 & E07 & E11 missing
            Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

server.log pathplayer.log media.log install.log
              Viking lost down under

Comment

fabcheck_internal.log dvdfab_internal.log Here are the logs Wilson.Wang. Since the above, I've gone back to ver. 1.0.1.0 to know avail. re done the database and then gone back to 1.0.1.3 re done the data base again Stil the same problems. I have managed to separate a couple, but basically it is the same. Some tv series are totally missing. Like Agatha Christie's Poirot all 13 seasons and Harrow (2018) Just started, that's just of the top of my head. Movies have posters from old movies up to 60 years + difference.

I notice after this recent firmware update The format has changed from

/mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/tv series/B/Battlestar Galactica/Battlestar Galactica (2003)/

to Posters. Is this something that has happened in the last 24 Hours????

Would using a laptop make any difference??
                Reason I pose this question is that DVDFab is installed on my main PC and some times I'm working through a VPN on either machine.
                Attached Files
                Viking lost down under

Comment

I forgot to mention that the cloud info, is always different from the media player. And that is every time I've changed DB or firmware.
                  Viking lost down under

Comment

I've changed posters on some movies and TV series about 3 hours ago and they are still trying to update. I went on media player and checked for Poirot, it was there. I than tried to find The Killing and it crashed. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER. I proceeded to utilities - about and sent log files. This part worked. Then I rebooted the media player and my laptop. Waited for it to scan my files. Checked the cloud and all the same files are still trying to update. I also noticed that I cannot scrape the 441 video's in 1 hit anymore, well not exactly true, I can if I do them 1 at a time.
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by ejm View Post
                      I've changed posters on some movies and TV series about 3 hours ago and they are still trying to update. I went on media player and checked for Poirot, it was there. I than tried to find The Killing and it crashed. UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER. I proceeded to utilities - about and sent log files. This part worked. Then I rebooted the media player and my laptop. Waited for it to scan my files. Checked the cloud and all the same files are still trying to update. I also noticed that I cannot scrape the 441 video's in 1 hit anymore, well not exactly true, I can if I do them 1 at a time.
                      Which firmware shows this behavior? Looks like you have the naming done 100% correctly for the TV series. Is your DMS on wifi or ethernet?
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It is on ethernet. it was done on 1013. After another 3 hours of waiting I decided to install 1012, that fixed that behavior. I still have movies and TV series missing, others have e.g. 1 season out of 4, new episodes are not being added, several tv series are under the same poster which are virtually impossible to change and last of all some things what I see on the cloud are not reflected on the media player. One other has been added now, previously I had 6 episodes under Space by Sam Neill also known as Hyperspace (2011) 1 of those is now under video's and can't be scraped back. Reason could be that there was a movie put out the same year with same titles, yet it shows up under the database: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/16055-space/season/1. Harrow that I mention earlier about is there to. https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/77947-harrow.
                        Last edited by ejm; 03-16-2018, 11:03 PM.
                        Viking lost down under

Comment

I just thought I would let you know that I've worked out a way to separate 2 different TV series, but it slow and tedious. I just separated The killing season (2016) from The killing (2007). You have to go to each season and fix the metadata and eventually you will separate them as episodes are mixed from both series.
                          Viking lost down under

Comment

I had a few others that I was unable to separate. I took of the culprits, and others that would not recognize previous seasons and ran 1013 firmware. When finished I checked them and all was fine. I then added 2 that I took off. The bridge and Harrow, Harrow was still not recognized and The bridge still only has season 4. Harrow poster was not found previously showed up when I did 1 Arrow episode. At present I'm copying Wallander (2005) and Galactica 1978 and hope to get a positive result. Under 1010 I was able to select Space 1999, Space and the V series, But now I can't do anything with them as no amount of scraping will find the posters.
                            Viking lost down under

Comment

This is the best I can do for now. Admin will have to sort the rest of this out.

ある日、世界各国の都市上空に、巨大なUFOのマザー・シップが飛来した。人間と何も変わらない容姿を持ったエイリアン“ビジター”は、環境破壊により母星が滅亡の危機に瀕しており、地球人への協力と、全人類との修好を約束する。しかし、TVカメラマンのマイクは“ビジター”の母船に乗り込み、彼らの実体が「人の皮を被った」ヒト型爬虫類である事を知ってしまう。さらに、彼らの真の目的は地球上の豊富な水資源の略奪、そして食料としての人間を捕獲することであった。一見友好的に見える“ビジター”に反感を抱く人々は、やがて彼らの真の目的を知りレジスタンスを結成。“ビジター”に対抗するのであった。

ある日突然、世界中の大都市の上空に巨大なUFOが出演。中に乗っていたエイリアン、“ビジター”は人類に対し友好的な態度で平和的交流を提案してくる。多くの人類は、ビジターの出現に明るい未来を予感するが、実はビジターにはある企みがあった。それを知った一部の人間は、レジスタンスとなって真相を暴こうと行動を起こすが…。 番組タイトルの“V”が意味するのは、“ビジター(Visitor)”であるのと同時に、レジスタンスが獲得していく“勝利(Victory)”のことでもある。  大都市を覆う巨大UFOの出現、ビジターの裂けた皮膚から見えるトカゲのような素顔など、SFならではの衝撃と興奮に満ちたオリジナル版「V」。その基本設定は継承しながらも、全く新たな物語を、必ず続きが見たくなるようなサスペンス感、そして最先端のビジュアルイメージ満載で描くのが、今回お届けするリメイク版「V」だ。

Once again, Earth is the battleground. But now the aliens whose human guise hides their true reptilian natures are wiser. They believe the secret to their survival on Earth lies in the DNA of the newly born half-human, half-spaceling Starchild. But that's something the world's Resistance Fighters cannot allow.

Is there life out there? Finally we know. Beause they are there. Alien spacecraft with humanlike passengers have come to Earth. They say they come in peace for food and water. The water they find in our reservoirs. The food they find walking about everywhere on two legs.

オーストラリアのクイーンズランドを舞台に、スリリングに展開するクライムサスペンス。法医学研究所のダニエル・ハロウは、死体の声なき声に耳を傾け、闇に葬られかけた不可解な難事件を解決に導く優れた法医学医。権威や名声にはまるで無頓着で、真実を明らかにすることにのみ執念を燃やす。真相解明のためなら手段を選ばず、規則を曲げることも厭わない異端児。だが、自身については多くを語らず、その過去は謎に包まれていた。

1999年9月13日。月面に廃棄されてた大量の核廃棄物質が大爆発を起こし、月はその軌道を外れ太陽系外の宇宙へと漂流をはじめた。大宇宙を果てしなく彷徨うこととなった月面基地ムーンベース・アルファのスタッフは、様々な宇宙の脅威にさらされることとなる。

All the above it will not recognize

Sam Neill takes an amazing journey across the Universe and finds beauty and danger on the way.

Hyperspace Still unable to get E06

The Bridge
                              Will not recognize the first 3 seasons.

Until this is all sorted, all I can do is check the other 200+ TV series and make sure all the episodes are there.
                              Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                              X