DVDFab Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Player

Got my player today 1/17. Located in Kansas, USA. Noted the comments in the forum can add only this. Date/Time will not hold after setting as noted. Manual is REALLY sparse on instructions. Ordered 16Gb SD card today should have on Fri. Will post results. If I discover any useful tips I'll pass them along. For a "free" player I think it's pretty good. Would like to know who makes it tho so I could check for FW updates. DVDFab rocks

Firmware Upgrades?

I, too would like to know where to get firmware updates for the player --- I think that they really missed the boat on not allowing an "auto-resume" feature on the audio and video playing programs. Everything starts from square one when you close and then reopen these features....
    Still, not a bad player when you consider that the real meat of the deal was, in fact, the lifetime software suite!
    Thanks to the DVDFab staff for the newly released DVD/Blueray creating programs...a very nice gift, for sure.
    Fred

Comment

DVDFab Player DOA

Recieved my DVDFab Player today.... Connected to my PC and copied a movie to it. After copy it will no longer boot. It's a paper weight now. Besides the blue light there is no activity from the device. It will not boot. Useless.....

Comment

Originally posted by mediachimp View Post
        I, too would like to know where to get firmware updates for the player --- I think that they really missed the boat on not allowing an "auto-resume" feature on the audio and video playing programs. Everything starts from square one when you close and then reopen these features....
        Still, not a bad player when you consider that the real meat of the deal was, in fact, the lifetime software suite!
        Thanks to the DVDFab staff for the newly released DVD/Blueray creating programs...a very nice gift, for sure.
        Fred
        I have 3 and they all offer the option to "start at break point" when starting a movie that was not completely viewed.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by energy_tone View Post
          Recieved my DVDFab Player today.... Connected to my PC and copied a movie to it. After copy it will no longer boot. It's a paper weight now. Besides the blue light there is no activity from the device. It will not boot. Useless.....
          Did you "eject" or use windows to disconnect the player form the PC before pulling the cable? Try removing the battery for a few minutes.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Audio resume?

Signals,
            Do you also find that resume functions when reopening your audio files?

Comment

Originally posted by mediachimp View Post
              Signals,
              Do you also find that resume functions when reopening your audio files?
              Hi mediachimp
              Yes, I have the option to resume both movies and music.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks!

Hmmm, I'll have to go back and have a closer look.
                Thanks for your help!

Comment

I don't have any audio files on it yet, but I think it offers that option for the voice recorder files. It shows as a popup box on the screen where you tell it Yes/No.

Comment

A Question instead of a Reply

As on old man I don't get around much anymore. Please explain this DVDFAB Player you all is talkin' about? Soemthing new to me and I may very well be interested in acquistion. Thanks to any one that can give me any answer.

Comment

Originally posted by oldpacman View Post

As on old man I don't get around much anymore. Please explain this DVDFAB Player you all is talkin' about? Soemthing new to me and I may very well be interested in acquistion. Thanks to any one that can give me any answer.
                      Hi oldpacman
                      Members who purchase the All in One package will receive this player free for a limited time, the ending date of DVDFab HD Video MP3 Player giveaway is: Feb. 5, 2012

You will see a picture of it here http://www.dvdfab.com/holiday-season-campaigns.htm you can also buy the player by itself by contacting the service staff at: service@dvdfab.com

Hope this helped
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

UPDATE:

You can place an order for the player here:

https://store.dvdfab.com/order/check...3&QTY=1&CART=1

Note that they will not ship until after the Chinese New Year holiday ends on 28 January, possibly a day or two later depending on how many are queued up dueing the time off.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                          Did you "eject" or use windows to disconnect the player form the PC before pulling the cable? Try removing the battery for a few minutes.
                          Hi Signals,
                          Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that. Removed the battery and waited for about 10 minutes and popped it back in. Nothing, just the blue light when I press and hold the play button. When I connect the device to the PC via USB.. it is not recognized. I get a tone indicated that Windows is aware that I've connected something, but it can't communicate with it.

If I could flash the ROM then maybe I could resurrect this thing.

Comment

@energy_tone, If you get a tone in the OS devices connector does it show up as an error?...
                            Or is no device shown on Devices with Removable Storage?
                            If the device does NOT show up as Removable Storage (with or W/O an error), then a FW update is not possible.
                            The only way to recover is by an eprom flash, which takes propriety equipment.
                            I'm in this boat, tried booting with multi-button options.
                            With and W/O USB power and/or USB/PC.
                            I feel this player has an OS dependent bootloader, if I'm wrong, has anyone booted up into a BIOS with this player?
                            If so, please post the button commands and if done during a /sarcasm/ full Moon phase or other hoops that you jumped through.

Comment

Originally posted by JHawker View Post
                              ... Date/Time will not hold after setting as noted. ...
                              Really annoying but my only complaint up to now.

As a "throw-in", it's a really nice player.

Comment

Working...
                              X