Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New beta version 10 comes with new rule that only one computer can be used with it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New beta version 10 comes with new rule that only one computer can be used with it.

I don't understand the new beta version 10 it says all my lifetime subs are expired and unless I agree to use all my lifetime subs only on one computer I have it on 3 computers now but only use 1 at a time never more than one in use at a time that this will no longer work this way that i must pay extra for the other 2 computers even though only one is used at any one time under a single license.

This is fine if you want to have this for new people buying new licenses to Fab but to put this on older customers is outrageous as your taking away something we always had and understood was free as long as only one version of fab would run at one time.I loudly object to this policy old customers should be grandfathered in the way it always worked.Also older versions before this new beta still work on my 3 computers.Fab this is outrageous and needs to change back or simply I won't buy any more from you.
    Last edited by Faith; 12-02-2017, 02:02 AM.

The DVDFab EULA, including the one for the version you purchased (and to which you agreed) has always said one computer. See the quote below which is extracted from the EULA. This has nothing to do with Fair Use, so I have removed that reference from your post.

Originally posted by DVDFab EULA
    USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
    IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE.
    USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.

1. LICENSE GRANT.
    Fengtao Software Inc. grants you only one license to use one copy of this SOFTWARE version on any one system, multiple licenses work on multiple systems accordingly.
    "You" means the company, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee.
    "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE.
    You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features.
    When you first obtain a copy of the SOFTWARE, you are granted an evaluation period of not more than 30 days, after which time you must pay for the SOFTWARE according to the terms and prices discussed in the SOFTWARE's documentation, or you must remove the SOFTWARE from your system.
    This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual.
    You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase.
    This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.........
    The company always looked the other way to accommodate customers with multiple PCs, but this tolerance was being abused, so the privilege has been revoked. This is unfortunate and the inconvenience this may cause for some users is regretted by the company. The full text of the DVDFab End User License Agreement is attached below.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Question? I only use DVDFab on my only laptop I own. I’m getting a new after the first of the year. Will i be able to load fab on it instead? My current laptop is slow and 4 yrs old. I’ll only need if for the new one. How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        The DVDFab EULA, including the one for the version you purchased (and to which you agreed) has always said one computer. See the quote below which is extracted from the EULA. This has nothing to do with Fair Use, so I have removed that reference from your post.

The company always looked the other way to accommodate customers with multiple PCs, but this tolerance was being abused, so the privilege has been revoked. This is unfortunate and the inconvenience this may cause for some users is regretted by the company. The full text of the DVDFab End User License Agreement is attached below.
        It's still wrong as you yourself said in past posts here on the forum that user's that use two versions of Fab on different machines at the same time can have their Licensees blackballed so fab does have a way to deal with abusers.Abuse should be dealt with that way as most people don't abuse Fab.Long time policies of the past should not be changed for a few bad apples.Policies like this cause us to get upset and for me will mean no more Fab products I vote with my pocketbook and will also use the older versions of Fab before this new beta came out till they work no longer to get around this unfairness.This is similar to Fabs competition make you pay twice for the program discounted or not in this case to use on other computers.

Comment

I usually use my DVDFab software on one computer so this doesn't affect me too much.
          Once in a while I need to test a version on a different computer & have done so.
          I don't remember doing this while the newest version was working on something on the computer I usually use it on.

I'm usually good at legalese for someone that is not an attorney.
          I interpret this line in this way:
          one copy of this SOFTWARE version
          To me this means I can use an older version of the software at the same time as I'm using a newer version.
          Because each is one copy of the version it is.
          That means I can use version 10.0.6.8 and version 10.0.6.6 at the same time even if installed on different computers.
          How much difference would there usually be in the two different versions?
          That's why for some movies even old version 8 can be used.

@ Hawkgirl70 ,
          I don't believe you will have any problem using a new version on a new laptop.

Here is a way out there example:
          Two computers could be networked together. Each set up to do nothing but install and uninstall DVDFab software automatically.
          Each taking turns . Say they were able to do this 1000 times a day.
          Since each would only have one version installed and not at the same time .
          There would be no violation of the EULA.

The above might not be possible as I do remember reading a post about number of installations allowed in a lifetime. I don't know if this is actually in the EULA.
          Last edited by cholla; 12-02-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

You can Authorize or DeAuthorize copies of DVDFab between computers so that there is only ONE registered running copy on a computer at one time. DVDFab comes out with rules that other companies don't cry about. Don't like what DVDFab does don't support it buy another companies program. DVDFab is the slowest for updates and not the best at BD+ either. This message is freedom of speech unless the forum is communist. Remember DVDFab isn't legal in all countries. Someone that knows how to make it difficult you'll see DVDFab once again getting shut down. That's my 2 cents and freedom of speech and Canada servers can't help if pushed. Getting to greedy.

Other programs don't care if you have 1000 copies running on the same IP and different hardware. As long as only ONE copy is run at a time...Think twice WHO you give your money to buy your program.
            Last edited by Badnews; 12-02-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

cholla Your legalese interpretation is lacking. One means One. Do not answer questions with guesses. Do not post in this thread again.
              Faith What you could do in the past and what can be done now are two different things. Please read the release notes.
              Hawkgirl70 You are fine, you can manage your authorized PC(s) as outlined below. If you have a problem with it, contact me via PM.
              Badnews As comes as no surprise, you fail to understand the concept of free speech, this forum is not public property it is private. As a well-known seller/distributor of cracked versions of software, I am sure this is inconvenient for you, so sorry. Do not make threats, some of your other businesses may suffer from government scrutiny as well. We have tolerated your presence here in the past, but will not any longer. People like you are the reason steps like this were necessary. You are Banned from this forum (as you were from MyCE).

All,
              Legitimate users have nothing to fear but some inconvenience, which DVDFab regrets is necessary. You can add additional PCs to your license for really low fees and manage (authorize/deauthorize) the ones you have from within DVDFab on an unlimited basis. Which is to say, if you want to use DVDfab on a different PC today for some reason, deauthorize it on the first PC, then authorize it on the second (see the capture). If you need to deauthorize a PC that has died or to which you no longer have access, you can do this from within your Member Center account, but only once per year. Using this process with deauthorize all PCs you have authorized. Your license expiration date is not affected by any of this. If you decide to purchase additional PC authorizations, they will all have the same expiration date as your original license.

So that all of this can be found in one place, here is the text from the DVDFab website:

"A Single-User license is allowed for using on only one computer simultaneously. However, there are circumstances when you might need to use DVDFab license on two or more computers concurrently. To address this matter, we offer you the option to buy additional authorizations for your Single-User license.
              • - To buy additional authorizations for a Single-User license, please login to DVDFab Member Center.
              • - Buying additional authorizations does not affect your existing license validity*, vice versa;
              • - A new computer can be authorized anytime via DVDFab client**, and conversely, an authorized computer can also be deauthorized anytime.
              • - If you need to deauthorize a computer that you can no longer access, you need to deauthorize all computers at DVDFab Member Center. However, you can only do that once per year.
              • - When buying additional authorizations, be clear which platform you want to buy for. You cannot buy extra authorizations for macOS if your license is for Windows platform, vice versa."

* this means expiration date, authorized modules, etc.
              ** this means the DVDFab appliication
              Here is where the authorization controls are in the DVDfab GUI, remember that you can change the authorized PC in this way on an unlimited basis
              Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011DEAUTH.png Views:	1 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	345353
              :
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals - thank you for answering and as always for your help!

Comment

Signals a quick question in the member center you can buy a 3pc multi use license for 3pcs is this a yearly fee or lifetime?

I have two lifetime Licenses AIO

unless i have missed a thread here maybe some screen shots of the member center and more info would be helpful to us all
                  Last edited by XX14; 12-02-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

And what about Passkey will this also apply to it in the next update?

Comment

Faith Unknown at this time, I will check.

XX14 Hi XX, for AIO Lifetime, it should be a one-time fee, since it has the same expiration as your license (which is never!). But what you should do I think is to split your licenses into 2 different email accounts. There is no fee for this and it would allow you to use it on two computers at the same time and more importantly, without having to worry about de-authorizing and re-authorizing when you want to switch machines. Here is a capture from the Member Center page that relates to Authorizations. Most users will be able to manage it from within DVDFab.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 MEMBERCTR.png Views:	1 Size:	326.4 KB ID:	345399

Comment

In one of 90312's (Thanks for that idea) brilliant ideas he came up with Fab on a stick a great idea that works well so can we still use this Fab on a UBS stick with one Fab license?

Comment

Thank you Signals that answers my questions I will probably never have the need or the extra authorizations but will buy them to help support the company.

One more question you may be able to answer there is a limit of Ten blurays a day with new authorizations for another pc will that double it to say Twenty?

The only reason I ask is because I buy big lots of Blurays and I like to rip them to my Nas and I have limited time during the week only a day off and my Pcs both are capable of ripping most blurays movies in 20 minutes or so with fab.

Comment

Faith You can certainly still install DVDFab to removable media, but if you run it on a different PC it will ask for authorization. If you need to do this often, you can buy 3 additional authorizations (for a total of 4) for US$30 that will last the length of your license, forever if you have lifetime. Even with this it is a good idea to manually deauthorize DVDFab on PCs that you won't be using again, it will count against your total if you don't. Even with just the normal authorization, it only takes a few seconds to deauthorize one PC and authorize on another, so I don't understand a need really for anyone to purchase additional authorizations unless the circumstances are truly unusual (as they may be for some).

XX14 This is another good reason to split your licenses into different accounts. The uses-per-day thing is toted on a per-account basis, but it does not work correctly if you have multiple licenses per account, as you (and I) have presently. You are entitled to 2 if you split them the way I suggested. This is not "cheating", you paid for the licenses and are entitled to use them. I have 4 that I have accumulated over the years and will probably split them.

[UPDATE]: Unless you have some very old licenses (like Gold or Platinum) in your account, the new system will generally find and credit you with the correct number of authorizations. The number it found will be displayed in the Authorize box within DVDFab and on your Member Center->License Authorization page. If you think there may be an error, contact the support team by email ( for your own security, do not post license numbers or emails in the forum).

Comment

Thank you Signals that explains all I need Happy Holidays

Comment

Working...
                              X