This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbatim hands down the best

Been using Verbatim discs for a few years and they can't be beat..Both single layer and DL's, shiny and printable...best prices for the single layer hub printable are at Supermedia but you have to wait for the sales. DL's printable are on E-bay guy named Carlos.....I'll never use anything else.

Comment

I have been using Memorex DVD+R (4.7gb) standard and memorex DVD+R/DL (8.5gb) disks for a long time now and only have 2 disks that didnt burn.

the prices are fantastic at amazon.com !

Comment

Office Max has Verbatim DVD+/-R's 100pk spindles for $21.99

Comment

Believe me guys, if u goto www.microcenter.com, u will see that microcenter has the best deal, for all of your blank media needs whether, dvd-r, dvd+r, and bd.

Comment

Newegg $19.99 Free shipping Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc Model 95102 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-17507005-LP4B
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

In my opinon, Newegg is the best by far. I have used RIDATA BD-R 25GB for over a year without any problems with the media. Price is very good for printable media. Can't beat Newegg.

Comment

I have had no problems with DVD+R 16X from most local sources. Verbatim, HP, etc. Also have had good luck with Fry's house brand DVDs which run $15 to $20 a hundred on frequent sale. The real dud has been TDK DVDs which are extremely glitchy.

Comment

My experience with most DVD+R 16X available locally such as Memorex, Sony, Verbatim, Fry's house brand and HP have been very reliable. However, a real dud has been the TDK brand which is really glitchy. Prices on frequent sale for the desirable disks have been in the range of $15 to $20 a hundred.

Comment

Tdk bd-re $3.99

Supermediastore.com has TDK Durabis 25GB BD-RE x2 $3.99 per til 5/31/10. I know it's TDK but a good price. Next lowset price was imation 25GB BD-RE on Newegg for $7.99. Verbatim 25GB BD-R LTH 20 pack $33.99 with free shipping

Also at my local Office Depot TDK DVD+R DL 25 pack $15.00 til 5/29/10. ImgBurn ID's them as Ritek discs. 50 discs for $32 and some change.
                    Last edited by DharmaBummed69; 05-27-2010, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Blank Media...Latest Deals, User Reviews Post Here

I have never tried to compress a BD-50 to a BD-25, but from what I can read here, people are having all kinds of problems trying to do this. I understand the motivation given the high price of BD-50's. I've found a place which has relatively cheap BS-50's. It's www.digistor.com. They are selling BD-50's for $10.50 apiece if you buy 10. Still expensive but I haven't seen a better price.

Comment

found a place that is selling 25 pack of bdr25 for $39.99 dont know how good they are

gona buy 1 and see how they work they also have 10 pack for $17.99
                        Last edited by Darth56; 06-12-2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Great deal on Verbatim +R DL at "my" local Sam's Club...maybe others too?

I usually pay about $50 for a 50/pk spindle...these are MKM 001 (MIS)
                          (2.4-4X, but you can burn 'em at 6X with the right burner /firmware)

Anyway, I just picked up 3 spindles (50 pk) for $26.81 each.
                          Quite the deal !
                          They only had 3 spindles and I'm thinking maybe they're being discontinued at Sam's ???
                          No one at Sam's seemed to know for sure
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                            Great deal on Verbatim +R DL at "my" local Sam's Club...maybe others too?

I usually pay about $50 for a 50/pk spindle...these are MKM 001 (MIS)
                            (2.4-4X, but you can burn 'em at 6X with the right burner /firmware)

Anyway, I just picked up 3 spindles (50 pk) for $26.81 each.
                            Quite the deal !
                            They only had 3 spindles and I'm thinking maybe they're being discontinued at Sam's ???
                            No one at Sam's seemed to know for sure
                            Poor maineman.... do you want me to send you a case.... our Sam's still have plenty, just arrived BTW.
                            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                              Poor maineman.... do you want me to send you a case.... our Sam's still have plenty, just arrived BTW.
                              Wait...wait...is that a choir and violins I hear?
                              Yes, it must be so...and here comes a case of shiny new verbies.
                              These are freeeeeee right?...
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                                Wait...wait...is that a choir and violins I hear?
                                Yes, it must be so...and here comes a case of shiny new verbies.
                                These are freeeeeee right?...
                                Really??? You are the honorary member of "old farts" club and still don't know that "free" is only cheese in a mouse trap????
                                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                                X