This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verb's

90312, thanks for the input!!!!!! I've been use TY'S for over a year now! I went through a phase with VERB's, going through good ones, bad one's ect., but your comment saved me from some more mind games with VERB's!, and TY's makes life so much easyer, every little bit helps to keep your mind burden free!

Comment

8855A, I hope you don't think I mean those are bad, they might be very good. The Verb +R I get from Newegg with the AZO label are made in Taiwan and they are excellent for what I do with them. I can booktype them to DVD-ROM so they will play in the car player and those little players the grandkids have that just won't play a -R at all. That said you can't go wrong with TY, they are the best there is!
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Optical Quantum

Hi guys,

I'm new to Blu-Ray but I've been using Optical Quantum 1-4 x speed. I bought them from new egg for 25 pack for $19.99. The movies look great and I have yet to burn a coaster after 10+ burns (knock, knock). It's the best deal I've found yet on BD-R media. Just thought I'd share.

-AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 core
        -ASUS MOBO M4A87TD
        -EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi)
        -Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z
        -Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB
        -G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
        -LITE-ON iHBS212 Blu-Ray burner

Comment

Hey guys,

Picked up a 100 pk of VERBATIM DVD+R's Paid $35.02 cdn which includes shipping and taxes. Purchased from Blank media.ca

regards RIP!

Comment

usually verbatim dvd-r (100's), on sale, here in the US sells for less than $25.00 includes (sometimes) free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
              usually verbatim dvd-r (100's), on sale, here in the US sells for less than $25.00 includes (sometimes) free shipping.
              You are right Verbatim DVD-R 24.99 free shipping http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817507005 Verbatim+R 23.99 +.99 cents shipping http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817507003

Bought 200 of the DVD-R Verbatim about 6 months ago for less that 34 bucks
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 03-29-2011, 03:14 AM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

just received this offer today (03/29/11) from newegg.com:

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc Model 95102
                $24.99
                Your Price: $18.99
                With Promo Code: EMCKGHA53
                and FREE Shipping too.

I think the offer is good until April 4, 2011, double check the newegg.com web site. Do not forget to enter the promocode for the discounted price.
                Last edited by sireast; 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

newegg.com

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc Model 95102

$7.00 off w/promo code EMCKEHD33, ends 6/1/2011.

$17.99 (with promo code) and I think with free shipping too. check the website.

Comment

Cheapest BD-Rs on the planet

Originally posted by Darth56 View Post
                    found a place that is selling 25 pack of bdr25 for $39.99 dont know how good they are

gona buy 1 and see how they work they also have 10 pack for $17.99
                    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...-4X-10&cat=MED
                    The best price for a working model is on TigerDirect.com and they are the most generic I found that work. $10 for 10 disks. Can't beat $1 a disk anywhere. GV=GreatValue 4x- White Ink Jet Printable BD-R with model number V30-2508.

Comment

As of today ,Feb. 7, 2012, Amazon has BD-R 25 gb Verbs, 6x non-LTH, 25 pack for 32.22 plus free shipping. 5 star reviews.
                      Last edited by HIDEF; 02-07-2012, 06:13 PM. Reason: Date

Comment

BD-R, BD-R DL, DVD +R, and DVD +R DL

BD-R DL -- Digistor @ Amazon.com -- $24.95 for 5pk, $45.00 10pk -- 6X

BD-R -- Verbatim @Newegg.com -- $31.99 (free shipping) 25pk 6X

DVD +R -- Verbatim @Newegg.com -- $24.99 ($.99 shipping) 100 pk 16X

DVD +R DL -- Verbatim @Newegg.com -- $28.99 (free shipping) 30 pk 8X

Have burned 4 of the Digistor 50gb -- seem to be pretty decent discs.

Comment

disc priues

check your local office supply stores online, I can usually find discs relatively cheap, Kmart last week 10.99 50 pk Sony discs, tdk at office max 22.99 100pk

Comment

Quality vs Price

I have had almost no trouble with single or dual layer DVDs in the past and found the cheapest discs still worked for me. Now some of you have kind of unsettled me when you say the cheapies will soon fail. Yikes.

I used to follow the same philosophy in buying BD-Rs also. It didn't work. I found I was sometimes getting 50% coasters. One cheapie I got from Fry's didn't even have even reflectivity/dye coverage. They were spotty before they were ever used. I had 80% coasters on that lot.

I found it pays to pay more for BD-Rs. I now use Verbatim's from Amazon at $31.99 for a 25 disc spindle. $1.28/disc is still a pretty good deal. I haven't had a coaster yet out of about 50 discs, knock on wood. I did not buy the LTH they have available. I don't trust it. Anyway, it pays to buy better because it actually is cheaper. When I have to pay $.75 for two discs to get one that burns it costs me more than one disc at $1.28/disc.

Comment

Arnik: If you're talking about the Verbatim Model 97457, it looks like they're being discontinued. I just bought some at $40 but almost everywhere I look, the vendor is out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
                                Arnik: If you're talking about the Verbatim Model 97457, it looks like they're being discontinued. I just bought some at $40 but almost everywhere I look, the vendor is out of stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130156
                                You didn't look here now did you.
                                http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97457-Blu-ray-Recordable-25-Disc/dp/B00471HK0Q

Comment

Working...
                                X