Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand and there is no problem my friend. I was just saying I agree with mainman that they are the value line of Verbatim discs. And they probably have the Fuji dye on them that some burners have problems with. AZO dye is a good rule of thumb but is not the end all be all, Taiyo Yuden does not use AZO dye is arguably the best single layer blank there is.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Taiyo Yuden does not use AZO dye is arguably the best single layer blank there is.
      I agree with that as they all I use for my back ups. I have about 500 verbies sitting collecting dust because of that.

Comment

Has any heard of or experienced the Memorex 25gb Blu-rays 4x becoming unreadable or data loss after a period of time?
        http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-320200...owViewpoints=1

Comment

This is not the only reason discs deteriorate over time and lose data, but I think the biggest is storage. The dye used is photo reactive and the laser burns a dark spot on the disc that does not reflect the reading laser light back to the pickup. Over time the dye will darken when exposed to light until nothing is reflected back to the read pickup. Note that every commercially released movie disc is packaged in an opaque case; no light can enter when stored. Folks who store their DVD in a clear jewel case can expect very short data life especially those of not particularly high quality. Keep em' in the dark!

Albert Einstein

Comment

This is not the only reason discs deteriorate over time and lose data, but I think the biggest is storage. The dye used is photo reactive and the laser burns a dark spot on the disc that does not reflect the reading laser light back to the pickup. Over time the dye will darken when exposed to light until nothing is reflected back to the read pickup. Note that every commercially released movie disc is packaged in an opaque case; no light can enter when stored. Folks who store their DVD in a clear jewel case can expect very short data life especially those of not particularly high quality. Keep em' in the dark!
            I did not know that. Only thing is don't hear about this happening to other media like verbatim. Is it because they may use a different type of dye?
            Keep em' in the dark!
            Motto of the government! lol

Comment

Yes the metal AZO dyes used in the premium level Verbatim disks are much better, they even advertise 100 year data archive life. But I guarantee they won’t do it if stored in a clear jewel box.

Albert Einstein

Comment

deal on newegg for optical quantum bd-r 25gb discs 8.99/10

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  I also agree with Maineman , no AZO dye
                  If you want the AZO dye ones you will find them here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817507003 , just bought 2 with the 15% off and the price was $33.98, two dollars more than the ones from Tiger Direct but, HURRY SALE ENDS TOMORROW
                  CBR929

I received the Vermatim 16X I ordered from Newegg this morning, they are: Disc ID: MCC-004-00 made in India.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I received the Vermatim 16X I ordered from Newegg this morning, they are: Disc ID: MCC-004-00 made in India.
                    Hey 90312
                    I received mine last Friday : Disc ID: MCC-03RG20 Vermbatim 16X DVD-R Media made in Taiwan.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Hey 90312
                      I received mine last Friday : Disc ID: MCC-03RG20 Vermbatim 16X DVD-R Media made in Taiwan.
                      CBR929

Mine as indicated by the MID, are +R, that is what was advertised in the link you posted. Did you order something different?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Mine as indicated by the MID, are +R, that is what was advertised in the link you posted. Did you order something different?
                        Yes, sorry 90312 I ordered the -R but posted the +R, as that is what you posted from Tiger but were not the AZO Dye ones in case someone was interested in the +R sorry for the confusion forgot to mention that I bought the -R when I posted when I bought them
                        CBR929
                        Last edited by CBR929; 09-28-2010, 08:32 PM.
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

well i use windata they work with the lg blu ray burner cheapest i found. in the US. $9.99 for 10 pack spindle

Get answers to your questions about order status, product information, returns, account questions, business sales, and so much more. We offer several forms of help including community support, chat, email.
                          Intel quad q6600 2.4Ghz
                          OCZ 2 gig memery
                          nvidia 9800gtx+
                          Windows 7 ultimate
                          >>>ASUS BW 12B1ST <<<

Comment

The cheapest, remember you get what you pay for and down the road all you will have is coasters
                            Paid Not To Work
                            US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                            Proudly Served On
                            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                            6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Verbatim +R

http://www.microcenter.com search for 023942948650 to find the AZO dye / DigitalMovie 8x 4.7GB/120 Minute DVD+R Disc 25-Pack Spindle at $5.99 for 25 pack. I use these and have for at least 2 years with excellent results.

Comment

dvd media - verbatim

newegg.com is having a sale on Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Disc, Model 95102, for $19.99 and free shipping.
                                Promo codes expire at 11:59pm PT on 10/13/2010.

if anyone is interested.

Thanks, moving this post to the blank media thread
                                Last edited by sireast; 10-12-2010, 05:45 PM. Reason: moved

Comment

Working...
                                X