Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Quantum OQBDR04LT-10 25GB 4X BD-R Logo Top 10 PK $9.99 per spindle http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch...etitle=Optical Free shipping also.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
      Optical Quantum OQBDR04LT-10 25GB 4X BD-R Logo Top 10 PK $9.99 per spindle http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch...etitle=Optical Free shipping also.
      The MID on these BD-R blanks is PHILIP-R04-00 I bought 3 of these and 2 of the 3 spindles, the bottom disc in the stack was STUCK to the clear plastic disc insert and had to literally peel it from the last blank. Both failed to burn but tried 2 more and they burned and played back fine in my PS3. If anyone buys these be sure to check the last disc before placing in burner!!
      Oh well they're not verbs but for the price...just thought I'd report that

Comment

verbatims DL on sale
        http://dealspl.us/product/verbatim-8...sc-model-96577

Comment

W&B: I too buy the Optical Quantum OQBDR04LT packs with MID PHILIP-R04-00, and I also noticed the bottom discs were getting stuck on the plastic insert, which kind of sucks if you're buying ten packs and getting one DOA disc out of each pack, so I switched to the 25 packs to minimize on the bad ones. I was still getting the bad disc at the bottom on those too, but 1 out of 25 isn't quite as bad.
          SPECS
          DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
          SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
            W&B: I too buy the Optical Quantum OQBDR04LT packs with MID PHILIP-R04-00, and I also noticed the bottom discs were getting stuck on the plastic insert, which kind of sucks if you're buying ten packs and getting one DOA disc out of each pack, so I switched to the 25 packs to minimize on the bad ones. I was still getting the bad disc at the bottom on those too, but 1 out of 25 isn't quite as bad.
            Hi Racem22, Yeah it sucks they stick but I still came out with 3 extra disc so far compared to purchasing the 25-PK spindles at Newegg for the same price. (actually I just happen to be an UNlucky sole that has a Newegg warehouse in the same state and I have to pay sales tax with them so I try to avoid the egg when possible).
            I've burned 5 more of these BD-R blanks (with ImgBurn), the latest burn was of a full disc backup of "Predators" (Fab Ver.8024) and all have played great in my PS3.

Comment

Yeah these Optical Quantums seem like they're alright. I haven't had a bad burn yet with them, but I really haven't had them long enough to check their longevity. In the next 6 months to a year, I'll check a few with Nero DiscSpeed and see how they're doing. They're definitely better than the first couple batches of discs I bought, which were the MID RITEK-BR2-00 that failed after 5 months.
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

has anyone tried any of these BD-R DL 50gb from japan?
                http://cgi.ebay.com/10-TDK-bluray-50...#ht_2335wt_802
                http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Mitsubishi-Ve...#ht_1970wt_800
                http://cgi.ebay.com/10-sony-blu-ray-...#ht_1790wt_802
                I bought some verbatim BD-R 50 from amazon. Burned 4 of them with no problems yet!

Comment

DVD-R 4.7gb Blank Media User

I use DVD-R in any brand that is on sale. I pay between $10 and $13 U.S for a 50pk and $20 to $24 U.S for 100pk. I'm in the U.S and where I live I can find them on sale for those prices pretty much anytime. I shop Bestbuy, Radioshack, and Office Depot. Walmart and Target never place them on sale. They are on sale in at least one of those places every week. I also burn at 16x without any problems. Though I have ran across bad discs before. So yeah, I never pay full price for my DVD Blank Media. I also find that the "Dash R" Media is more compatible in my experience though it shouldn't be an issue with newer dvd players.

Comment

Originally posted by jlo138 View Post
                    I use DVD-R in any brand that is on sale. I pay between $10 and $13 U.S for a 50pk and $20 to $24 U.S for 100pk. I'm in the U.S and where I live I can find them on sale for those prices pretty much anytime. I shop Bestbuy, Radioshack, and Office Depot. Walmart and Target never place them on sale. They are on sale in at least one of those places every week. I also burn at 16x without any problems. Though I have ran across bad discs before. So yeah, I never pay full price for my DVD Blank Media. I also find that the "Dash R" Media is more compatible in my experience though it shouldn't be an issue with newer dvd players.
                    All I can tell you is best of luck pal. Coincidently I tried to play a backup this morning that I made two or three years ago on a store brand cheap disk. It would no longer play, so now I have to dig out the original and make a new backup. These cheap store brand disk will copy, but the archive life is the potential problem. The new backup will be on a Taiyo Yuden!
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      All I can tell you is best of luck pal. Coincidently I tried to play a backup this morning that I made two or three years ago on a store brand cheap disk. It would no longer play, so now I have to dig out the original and make a new backup. These cheap store brand disk will copy, but the archive life is the potential problem. The new backup will be on a Taiyo Yuden!
                      I will second that...
                      I also this weekend was watching Transformers 1 with my son which was on a cheap disk Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3, and I too had to make another one, but this time on a Verbatim disc.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Walmart has a big selection of Verbatim with good prices.

Comment

DVD+R at Newegg great price hurry it ends tomorrow http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817507003
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Just thought I'd mention I purchased some Optical Quantum 8.5GB dl media, (I was just curious if their dvd media is of good/decent quality) and I was happily surprised to find out ALL their dvd dual layer media is made with the AZO dye (according to their website) and I have had no problems (so far).

With the purse strings tightening (for me) this may be an alternative for some backups that require a dual layer disc due to extreme compression to single layer and maintaining the original disc quality (I still think Verbatims quality control is better of course).
                            As for Optical Quantum's dvd +/- r 4.7GB single layer they all appear to be made with organic dye and I will personally avoid them and stick with the Verbatims AZO made products.

(BTW I found out about the azo and organic dye on Optical Quantum's website and I didn't post any links to any products since this is just a FYI post and I would urge others to research the media before buying regardless)

Comment

I used to archive onto blank printable DVD, use the cases, sleeves whatever. I have since bought a sumvision HD media player, it has an onboard 2TB disk and can accept 2 more USB drives. I worked it out and it's cheaper now to buy 2TB external hard drives and keep everything on those rather than burn DVDs. The added advantage of reusability and selection of movie via remote is also very appealing.

With Blue ray burner and blank media prices, it would also make sense for Hi Def content as you could simply use a Blue ray reader, then store on HDD.

No more blank DVD or Blu Ray media for me.

Comment

Yet another convert!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                                X