Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem was happening before I upgraded to IE 9 but like other windows products, IE 9 is having issues. I did restore back to IE 8 and slowly went through the process again and it gets stuck at 8080......8073 no problem whatsoever. I must have some bug that is preventing it.......

I am going to try and go back to other versions and work my way up. I can't believe I have spent the better part of 2 days on this....no life

Comment

More issues....

First off can I get the link to 8073 please?? I just tried 8082 and still not working right.

Secondly...I went to a way old computer I have. It does not even have anti-virus on it. It is running IE 6 or 7 not sure which. I downlaoded dvdfab...it went through the set up as admin...looks like it worked but guess what...when I clicked on it to open as admin it would not open at all...it was the same thing as I am experiencing. Then I went over to my mom's place and went to download a trial version on her computer....she does have anti-virus but running older IE....and after it went through the set up process....clicked on it, open as admin and it would not open up. So not I am thinking it is not a windows issue....something else is up. That is too random for it to happen on 3 seperate computers....

Comment

I got back to 8073...as usual it work's great.

Comment

I'm running it on a Win7 64 bit and an XP SP3 machine. If this were a DVDFab issue there would be thousands of posts like yours rather than two or three. I wish I knew how to help you but I am out of ideas
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I asked this earlier and didn't get a response. Could it be something in the dvdfab properties that should or shouldn't be on? When I click on properties there are quit a few things under compatability and security etc....I have never touched anything in there...so wondering maybe something I need to do in there to make it work.

Comment

Do you mean when you right click on the desktop icon? If so then try things, what have you got to lose? Try compatibility mode as XP.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, that is what I mean...when you right click on it and properties comes up.

Yes is another random weird thing. I said in a previous post on this thread that when I was loading up 8080...the last set up screen where it says launch dvdfab and whats new..well when the notebook came up it only listed 8073 on the list...when I just tried 8082 and went to that point...it listed 8082 on the notebook that popped up yet dvdfab would not open. That was something new that was not happening with 8080 (notebook wise) Not sure if that means anything but....

I now think it must be me.....or the devil. When I went to the 2 other computers and did the proper steps (save to folder, right click on folder, save as admin, run it that way, then when it finishes you click on it and open as admin) it still will not open on the various computers. One computer has nothing on it...no virus protection, has way old version of windows....but it just sits there with the arrow and the circle and never opens up. Re-start computer and try again....nope. Weirdly I can always go back to 8073 with no issues at all. Even when I uninstall version 8 and re-build it, it goes to 8073 with no problems. I would think if I was doing something weird myself that that version would not load too....

So I am over it at this point. I will use 8073 until I cannot use it anymore. Hate that I have been a user for a long time and love this program and won't be able to on certain discs in the future...but until I can totally figure out what I did to not make it work. I am sure something will happen at my end

Comment

I just download the installer to the desktop and run it, no muss no fuss.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thats exactly how I used to do it too. Very simple and easy. Then when I was having the trouble, was told to send to folder and open as admin blah blah blah....

Comment

You are at the stage where I think we really need to revisit things here and double check things..... We really need to get this resolved as staying with 8.0.7.3 is not an option for future proofing.

As my esteemed colleagues have already said, if this was a prevalent bug in Fab, we hould have had far more complaints from the thousands of Fab users rather than the few isolated cases such as yours.

From my own experiences, I suspect either a permissions problem in windoze or an antivirus problem.

I would like you to try the following procedures religiously and report back:-

If this is unsuccessful, I would like you to post exact details of your hardware, operating system & modules of Fab that you have licences for. I know this may have been done previously but I find it hard to find them all in the clutter.

Regards, GregiBoy
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

quick question

Just uninstall the current version? I d not have to uninstall previous version (5,6,7) I have them all.

I am sure I did all those steps just the other day, but I will do exactly as it says and go from there.

Thanks

Comment

ok

SoI went step by step.....after re-installing and getting my key ready to put in, I go and click on Run As Admin and it will not open (8082). It just sits there with the arrow and circle going...like it wants to open but it does not. So i can even get to the step to put the license in. I went back to 8073 and installed that.

So I am running Windows 7 64 bit....Norton Anti-Virus...I have dvd copy and hd decrypter only....I have older versions 5,6,7 that work fine....I usually use a Sony external dvd drive...but also use the main dvd drive on the computer...I use external hard drive and always have....it is emachines...not sure what else you need to know. Oh I had IE 9 but got rid of that and went back to IE 8 which dvdfab workded perfectly on until the latest releases.

as a sidenote....I do have a Mac and use Mactheripper and Toast and riptit and they get work about 98% of the time when backing up dvd's...but dvdfab is the best and works 100% of the time. I am frustrated with it but have other options too and like I said I earlier I am a Mac guy so the PC stuff that is going on is frustrating....just will not open.

Let me know what else you need

Comment

Yeah, just uninstall V8. It may be an idea to also run CCCleaner over your PC after the uninstall and do a reboot before attempting the new install as per instructions.

Good Luck. Hope we can get this sorted for you shortly....

PS: Please make sure that you follow the instructions EXACTLY/RELIGIOUSLY !!!!
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I would almost bet it is not a anti-virus problem......I have tried it with it on and off as well as the firewall on and off..several times

Comment

Just trying to give little more bits of info. I went to a newer external hard drive.....I sent the download of 8082 to my external hard drive to go around my desktop and computer...I placed it in a folder I created on my external...finished it up...tried to click on it to open it as admin and nope would not open

I did go through the complete process on the instructions you sent...ccleaner after uninstall...re-boot...re-install...it says I have version 8082...went to open it up as admin to put key in...would not open....I actually just waited for 5 or 6 minutes just to see if my computer was slowly opening it but nothing. It says in my downloads on my hard drive I have version 8082 and when I click on that instead of the shortcut, it will not open either...so ONCE again I went back and loaded in 8073...which runs and performs greatly

Comment

Working...
                                X