Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is normal for only the most recent Beta to be available for download.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

>>>>

I did do the ccleaner.....

I just ran it like you said (saving it and double clicking on run as admin) and went through the download process again. Once I got to the end and the final window says launch dvdfab and see versions...which both are checked. It pulls up the notebook page as it tried to launch dvdfab. The notebook page is only showing 8073 as the last version downloaded......so it is not even showing 8080 which I just downloaded.....then I also checked my Norton Security History then the File Insight and the strange part is it says version 0.0.0.0.....it says it is safe and very few users etc....all the normal stuff but in the version part lower left hand corner it does not have the current version 8.0.8.0 like it would normally or like I have for version 8.0.7.3......I did it without the firewall and anti-virus on and saved as admin and went through the process..re-started computer and still will not open up. It will just have the arrow and the little circle working but will never open. I revert back to 8073 and it works fine.......been working on this for over a day and just killing me why it will not work.

Comment

It's the whats new page at the end....

I meant it was the whats new page as well as launch dvdfab at the very end of the set up process...just so there is no confusion.

I am now worried that i won't be able to go beyond 8073 and any future downloads will not work and I will not be able to back up some dvd's in the future....??

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
          I am now worried that i won't be able to go beyond 8073 and any future downloads will not work and I will not be able to back up some dvd's in the future....??
          Try this direct link:

Comment

Nope

That is the same link I have tried a zillion times....still does not open up as admin....same issue as always

Comment

Actually, it isn't quite the same, as it is is not re-routed, but direct.
              I was hoping it might circumvent a potential problem with IE9
              Sorry it didn't work for you

Comment

I don't know what to do or say at this point. It is very frustrating and like I said in another post I don't want to run into potential problems backing up dvd's in the future by only using version 8073...which you know will happen if I can't update what I already have. Been a user of this for almost 4 years and love it and never had any problems like this....so frustrating. Looks like I am not the only person with this issue too

Comment

You wouldn't possibly have that Norton toolbar installed would you? If you do then remove it as that I think would be the problem.

Comment

Remove the toolbar?? Umm I can try that. It seems weird though. I actually do have it installed.....why would that matter?

Comment

That did not work either. It is very strange. There is something preventing it from working. I think it is something very simple cause it should not be like this. Is there a new key I need? I have cleaned the system, uninstalled version 8 and reinstalled it which gave me problems too.....I am stumped and frustrated after 2 days of this. The version says 0.0.0.0 when I think it has downloaded......all other versions once I download them say the correct version i.e. 8.0.7.3....Is the new IE9 an issue.....I guess I will go with what I have until I can't go anymore

Comment

I do appreciate

I do appreciate all the help coming my way. I am not ungrateful at all, just very frustrated with the new version of beta. Will there be a new original version soon since the last one was 1/29 or will I have the same issue then when it comes out as I do with the beta ones

Comment

Well the toolbar as well acts as protection for computer and been reported before for causing installation/startup problems for DVDFab and thought that might work if was removed, guess it not.

Something on your computer must be stopping DVDFab from running

Comment

DVDFAB properties

Could there be something in DVDFAB properties that needs to be changed? I have never touched anything but maybe since upgrading to IE 9 I need to do something to Compatibility or security or anything at all? The only thing I actually changed was run as admin which has been stated before that I needed to do.

Just throwing it out there. I am still having issues. I just can't figure out how it would all of a sudden not download new versions after all the years of doing it with no issues....I have checked and cleaned and done all that I know how to do and done everything people have told me.....so what next?

Comment

Get rid of IE9, my son made the mistake of loading it. And did you ever run msconfig.exe and uncheck everything in the start up tab to see if it would run without loading all that stuff?
                              Last edited by Complication; 03-14-2011, 11:13 PM. Reason: fixed typo
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

As an afterthought check the DEP settings. Control panel, settings, advanced and you'll see it. This is the way I keep mine set and let the AV program and firewall keep out the nasties.
                                Attached Files
                                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X