This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Version Issues

I am having major issues with the newest Beta Versions. Everything from 8075 on. I currently am using 8073. I tried getting 8076 when it came out and I had so many issues trying to make it work. After several times of trying and re-starting computer it finally went through. Then I have tried all the newest Beta Versions since then and they will not open up at all even in Run As Admin. mode that was suggested. It is driving me crazy. I do everything that has been stated (turning off firewall, anti-virus, re-starting etc etc...) and so anyway I am back to usuing 8073 which is ok but I know the newer versions will catch things the older one will not. Any other suggestions how I can download 8080 and actually make it work?? I hate reverting back all the time to 8073.

Thanks

DVDFab may be looking for the ImgBurn burning application. It is free, please install it if you don't have it already. Other than that, it must be something in your system or PC settings, possibly conflicting software. What is your operating system?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What OS are you running? I'll follow up with what I do to avoid these issues.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I run

Windows 7 32 bit. I have never in the past had the problems I am having with the last 3 beta versions so that is why I am frustrated. It is usually so simple a caveman can do it.....

I just tried to save the latest version and open as admin. but it will not open up at all...I re-started my compter with anti-virus and firewall off and tried again and it just will not open. I had 8076 working fine but now that won't even work and back to 8073.....

Oh and I use Norton Anti-Virus. It says it is safe to download and is not in the Quarantine section....I am pretty knowledgable but this has me stumped

Comment

Here is what I do. DVDFab is a great program but doesn't always clean up well after itself. I first go to C:\Windows\Prefetch and find all mentions of DVDFab, 8.0.7.9 left 6 files. (See Figure 1) Then I use CCleaner and scan the registry, again several entries were left behind (see Figure 2). If you have never scanned the registry you'll need to do this until no issues are found, sometimes three times or more are needed. This has never caused a problem on my system with any software.
          This should not affect your DVDFab registration but as always keep your key safe. And you will have to reenter your preferences.
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope, try again

I did exactly as you said and then tried to download 8080 and still won't open up at all. It appears to download correctly but it will not open at all even as admin only. So I do not know what else to do at this point. Very frustrating. Not sure why my settings would all of a sudden be different and not make it work....any new thoughts

Thanks

Comment

The installer won't open? Or it installs and then won't open? I'm a little confused

Albert Einstein

Comment

It appears to install perfectly then when I go to click on the icon like I always do, it does not open up. I re-start computer cause that has fixed it in the past but it still will not open and when I click on Run As Admin it will not open up...it just sits there with the little circle next to the arrow for about 10 seconds and does nothing. I did just download imgburn to see if that helps.....

Comment

My last idea is run msconfig.exe and click the "start up" tab and uncheck everything. If the program starts after reboot, then go back and recheck them one at a time find the offending program.
                  Last edited by 90312; 03-13-2011, 09:09 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Could it have anything to do with not running IE 9? I am downloading IE 9 now to see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Still very frustrating

I do not know what to do now. I have done everything you have stated and it still will not open. The icon is there, it appears to be downloaded correctly but it just sits there and never opens. Sooooo again back at 8073 which works fine...this has been so frustrating. I even uninstalled version 8....installed it over again and still nothing.....

Comment

It is almost like something I cannot figure out is blocking it from opening. It wants to open but does not...firewall and anti-virus off....and on again it does not matter...something is preventing it from opening.

Comment

Another funny thing

I also cannot download older versions of Beta i.e I tried to download 8075, 8076 all the way up to 8080 and when I choose 8075 to try and download it automatically goes right to 8080 for download instead of the one I am asking for. It does not matter what I choose it will go to 8080 for download. I try it, try and open it and still not opening.

Another weird thing is this. At the very end of the download it will ask you to launch dvdfab and show notes...both of which I always have checked. It will pull up the notes and previous version of downloads and it will show 8073 as the newest one with the older versions below that...even though I just downloaded 8080...it will not show on the list and it will not launch dvdfab....so not sure what is up with that.

Comment

Cannot download later versions either!

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
                            I am having major issues with the newest Beta Versions. Everything from 8075 on. I currently am using 8073. I tried getting 8076 when it came out and I had so many issues trying to make it work. After several times of trying and re-starting computer it finally went through. Then I have tried all the newest Beta Versions since then and they will not open up at all even in Run As Admin. mode that was suggested. It is driving me crazy. I do everything that has been stated (turning off firewall, anti-virus, re-starting etc etc...) and so anyway I am back to usuing 8073 which is ok but I know the newer versions will catch things the older one will not. Any other suggestions how I can download 8080 and actually make it work?? I hate reverting back all the time to 8073.

Thanks
                            [Quote--Spock]--I am also having problems downloading later versions past version 8.0.7.6. My microsoft windows pop-up screen says that my DVDFab program has stopped working and needs to close. Like you, I have tried everything also. My details say that I have an APPCRASH problem. I can download version 8.0.7.6 with no problem--My DVDFab program works fine with this version, but when I go any higher on other versions, it will not let me.
                            Like you, this is driving me crazy also. I am about to give up. Any suggestions?

Thanks--Spock
                            Last edited by Spock; 03-13-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Are you installing the "installer" as administrator or or installing the installer and trying to right click and run under administrator privileges??
                              If the later instead of clicking run when prompted for downloading the installer click save, then open the folder and right click and install the program installer as administrator.
                              Did you also do as 90312 suggested about running CCleaner??? There is also an option on Cleaner page under advanced, click old Prefetch data to clean leftover remains of programs.
                              Hope this helps
                              CBR929
                              Last edited by CBR929; 03-13-2011, 06:47 PM.
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X