This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W&B View Post
    If it's just that particular computer then you have some other software that's interfering with Fab. How are you dragging and dropping the dvd folder from windows explorer to your desktop? Something is missing here indeed...Fab alone won't allow that, is passkey also installed on that rig?
    Well kiss my @#!! just tried this and apparently it will, so much for my theory...

Comment

I dragged and droped the folder onto the desktop using Windows Explorer. FWIW, the DVD was unprotected. It worked fine. It was playable from the DVD, from the folder on the desktop and I could drop it into DVDFab from the desktop, but not directly from the DVD. That gave an error asking to ensure the disk was playable. I got the same error even while the disk was actually playing.

I do not know what passkey is and I'm sure it's not installed.

There is no other burning software installed except for ImgBurn which BTW, has no problem ripping the DVD, detecting the type of media, etc.

I have VLC and PowerDVD installed for playing DVDs. No other DVD software.

Comment

drag and drop disc from Windows Explore

Hi all,

DVDFab won't allow to drag and drop the DVD folder (Video_TS) directly from DVD drive (windows explore) to DVDFab main screen, you will get this message "Fail to open, please check if it is playable". See the attachment.

If you drag from windows explorer to your desktop, that is okay.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. That's what I'm seeing also.

The only reason I tried dragging from the DVD was an attempt to force DVDFab to recognize the DVD content. That issue remains. It does not recognize that the media content is a DVD. Unless that issue can be resolved, the program is not usable for me.

Comment

Drag-and-drop was never my real issue. The real issue is DVDFab does not analyze media after it is inserted in the drive. I have provided all the information you have asked and tried all of the suggested solutions and nothing has worked. Is that all there is? Should I give up?

Comment

Possible solution

I've seen this problem (and similar) posted on various dates without any apparent resolution on DVDFAB's part. I can re-create the problem and have a possible solution....or at least a clue as to where DVDFAB can look.

I experienced this after removing a USB attached DVD burner (I had two burners at the time). After removing the drive, nothing would allow the source drtive to be set no matter what acrobatics I went thru. Simply re-attaching the drive corrected the problem. Somewhere, a drive presence is being stored and not removed on changes, a DB not updated. Perhaps the DVDFAB.INI file? My problem has been solved, so I will leave it to others to take it from here, but hope tghis helps.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I do not have a USB burner on this desktop, but it seems the problem started when I changed the memory configuration. I tried changing the memory back to the way it was before and suddenly DVDFab started to read disks in the drive again.

So the problem was caused by a hardware change, just as in your case. But that still doesn't solve my problem because I have no intention of permanently going back to the configuration with less memory just to satisfy the needs of one program.

The frustrating part is the lack of interest in the part of DVDFab in getting to the bottom of this issue which may be rare, but renders the program completely useless. I've been ready to provide any further information, run any further tests, try out debug versions, whatever it is they need to resolve the problem and nothing has happened except for repeated requests to post the results of ImgBurn filter driver (which shows there are no filters being loaded) or to change the read setting in DVDFab (which doesn't fix anything).

I've asked repeatedly if I should just give up, and the answer is no reply, no answer and evidently no further interest.

Sorry, but this is just not right.

Comment

Well I see that an updated version of DVDFab is now available. Surely the bug where under some conditions, the program fails to recognize the media must have been fixed. Imagine my disappointment when upon firing up the latest version that standard DVDs are still unable to be read. Exactly the same issue since my very first post on this subject. How long ago was that? How long has it been? And what progress has been made?

Nada. Nothing has been done. I've said it before; this just is not right.

Here's what DVDFab sees when an DVD is inserted in the drive:

Disc media: Unknown
                  Disc type: Unknown
                  Disc is not opened.

The only fix is to go back to my old memory configuration, reboot and then DVDFab will work fine. This is crazy.

After all this time, DVDFab have shown no interest in getting to the bottom of this serious bug which renders the program unusable. Instead I get the same stale suggestions.

Can we please get with it? I remain prepared to submit any logs, try any debug versions, anything to get this working properly.

My Mom had a saying, "Bad news does not get better with time."

Comment

It is unconscionable that DVDFab continues to ignore this serious bug in their flagship program. I tried v8.1.2.5 and the bug still exists. This bug has been documented and reported over a several month period with no interest and no answer. It has been reported that other users sometimes have the same issue. The issue is 100% repeatable.

I have offered to work with the developers; I have provided logs; I have done everything that was asked only to be ultimately ignored.

Perhaps the bug is too rare to worry about. Perhaps they don't care. Whatever it is, I am through with DVDFab and their crappy support. This is ridiculous.

I've found another program that works just fine. It has no problem reading DVDs, no problem ripping them and no problem copying them. I will be recommending it from now on and cannot in good faith recommend DVDFab any more.

Goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax Man View Post
                      The issue is 100% repeatable.
                      Not by the DVDFab staff and not by me, on two PCs. You have not been ignored. Sorry you are still experiencing this. It is the result of some unidentifiable combination of the software/hardware/firmware environment in which DVDFab is installed. Good luck and goodbye.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X