This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab crashing computer getting BSOD

I just bought a toshiba satellite P775, windows 7 64bit, intel 7 laptop. Installed dvd fab 8.0.5.6, which i was using on my old computer and love.

But on this computer i open dvdfab, start copying the movie, and it gets to the point of where it ejects so you can put the blank dvd in and write, and instead it ejects and i get the BSOD.

I have a Matshita BD-CMB UJ141EL dvd/cd-rom drive.

Please post latest minidump available (c:\windows\minidump).

Also using latest DVDFab can also help.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

i find a c:\windows\memorydump file but it tells me i dont have access to it. This thing is starting to xxxx me off. Its ony xxxxxx 3 weeks old, and I cant do what i could do with my 5 year old one.

How can i change the settings to get access to the file i have been trying
      Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Loged in as admin?

Comment

Ok I am the only user on this computer and the only account, which is the administrator so it does not make sense i dont have access. How the heck to I get access.

Comment

I've been trying to upload it but its not working correctly i will keep trying, i'm also wondering if it has something to do with common settings and the a/v codecs, i noticed its different on this computer then the old one,

Comment

I think this is the dump file, Please someone help me with this
              Attached Files

Comment

That's seems to be some other dumpfile.

File name is usually like "Mini050511-01.dmp"

Also don't interrupt the BSOD when creating dump file.
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I think we are on to something, I have the exact same problem. My brand new computer is also a Toshiba Satellite Pro L770 Series. I get the exact same problem, copy movie ok and then just as it ejects the disc I get the BSOD and the system reboots. I thought it might have something to do with Silverlight. I have never had a problem before with any of my PC's and I have loaded the newest version of DVDfab.

Any help is much appreciated..

Klupcheck

Originally posted by kdpooh View Post
                  I just bought a toshiba satellite P775, windows 7 64bit, intel 7 laptop. Installed dvd fab 8.0.5.6, which i was using on my old computer and love.

But on this computer i open dvdfab, start copying the movie, and it gets to the point of where it ejects so you can put the blank dvd in and write, and instead it ejects and i get the BSOD.

Comment

Now I dont feel so bad, someone else's is doing the same thing. I dont understand why the dump file doesnt seem right.

Originally posted by klupcheck View Post
                    I think we are on to something, I have the exact same problem. My brand new computer is also a Toshiba Satellite Pro L770 Series. I get the exact same problem, copy movie ok and then just as it ejects the disc I get the BSOD and the system reboots. I thought it might have something to do with Silverlight. I have never had a problem before with any of my PC's and I have loaded the newest version of DVDfab.

Any help is much appreciated..

Klupcheck

Comment

What i added is what is in the minidump folder under windows. It doesnt show finished when it does the BSOD. It used to show a percentage and I'm not getting that anymore.

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post

Comment

I tried again today and this is the file i get. Not sure what i am doing wrong

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post

Attached Files

Comment

Loading Dump File [D:\080711-23166-01.dmp]
                          Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
                          ************************************************** **************************
                          * Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
                          * Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
                          * After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
                          ************************************************** **************************
                          Executable search path is:
                          ************************************************** *******************
                          * Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
                          * The Symbol Path can be set by: *
                          * using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
                          * using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
                          * using .sympath and .sympath+ *
                          Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
                          *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
                          *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
                          Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
                          Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
                          Machine Name:
                          Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e4c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03091e90
                          Debug session time: Sun Aug 7 17:08:25.369 2011 (UTC + 2:00)
                          System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:19.337
                          * Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
                          * The Symbol Path can be set by: *
                          * using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
                          * using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
                          * using .sympath and .sympath+ *
                          Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
                          *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
                          *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
                          Loading Kernel Symbols

Comment

I didnt understand one thing in that

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post

Comment

Exact same problem as Kdpooh... ?????

It is definitely a problem that the DVDfab tech people should look into. If two users are experiencing the same problem. I still think it has something to do with Microsoft Silverlight copy protection. I love this program and can no longer use it. Someone please help?

Klupcheck

Originally posted by kdpooh View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X