Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My computer is a Toshiba E305 with a PCI bus.

My husband's laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6 with a PCI bus.

Both computers crash after the first process, right when the burn process begins.

Comment

You can attach .dmp files to a post (up to a certain size). It might help the developers. If the forum rejects it for being too large, send me a PM with the details of the file size.

Originally posted by TnVmax View Post
      Well, add another brand new laptop owner with this BSOD when drive ejects for blank. My new laptop is a Toshiba P750, I7, Mashita BD-MLT UJ260F Blu-Ray Burner. Just curious, are the rest of you getting this in the middle of the BSOD message "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" , then at the bottom of the message is "*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000000)". Also, I don't know crap about this stuff, but, I did find a pair of files in the minidump folder. When I double-click one of those files, I get the 'ol search for a program to open the file. Is anything in that minidump file of any use?
      Being able to finally read, and copy BluRay disks is the #1 reason I even bought this laptop, and I can't even perform the task I bought it for. I sure hope we get a resolution to this issue!
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, here's an attempt at attaching the minidump file.
        Attached Files

Comment

I see we still have no results here, what is going on. Have we got anywhere with this, i really miss my program.

Comment

I'm still waiting too...

Comment

BSOD new HP DV7 laptop w/Bluray multi-RW

Me too. Brand new HP laptop DV7 with a Blue-Ray RW, Win7-64 home premium. Using the most current version of DVDFAB too. Getting BSOD after the DVD is finishing copy to HDD, or at that point when it is doing analysis of the destination. Using same drive for input and output of DVD. Have tried using FULL DISK, MAIN MOVIE, CUSTOM, they all end with BSOD at the same point. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the BluRay RW driver not being loved by DVDFAB??? As DVDFAB has always and is working with my older machines that have DVD RW.

Comment

alanbs,

So you're attempting to copy bluray to bluray? The drive on my laptop is also a bluray, but I've only tried DVD to DVD and it fails at the same point as you describe.

Comment

If I use the internal burner, it BSOD's when the drive ejects to swap in a blank... However, If I use a USB external burner, no BSOD. Wierd...

Comment

BSOD copy DVD using BluRay drive

I have the BSOD when copying from DVD to DVD using my new laptop with a BluRay Multi RW drive. My DVDFAB is DVD only at this point, I have not purchased BluRay features yet. Based on what I'm reading in this and other threads similar to this one, it seems that we all are doing DVD copy with a BluRay drive. Also, based on those threads, it seems that DVDFAB may need to release the optical drive after copy of the DVD to HDD. Then attach to the optical drive again to do the write operation. What they indicate is that the error indicated on BSOD is a driver not available or already in use type situation. Some people have gone to copy to HDD only. Then closing DVDFAB and doing a write using IMGBURN software. While this may work, it is not why I purchased DVDFAB and I'm sure the good folks at Fengtao will get this figured out soon.
                    Last edited by CBR929; 11-02-2011, 12:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by TnVmax View Post
                      If I use the internal burner, it BSOD's when the drive ejects to swap in a blank... However, If I use a USB external burner, no BSOD. Wierd...
                      Hmm... that seems to support the theory that the optical drive is not being released and attached (driver accessed?) when only one optical drive is used for both the source and the destination. That release and attach scenario doesn't need to happen when using different optical drives for source and destination. Or if it does happen it is not for the same one and therefore doesn't find the drive already in use and unaccessible.
                      I'm sure the programmers at Fengtao will get this figured out. I've been loving DVDFAB since 2007 and they always come through no matter what mysteries are.
                      Last edited by CBR929; 11-02-2011, 12:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

a guy i work with talked good about dvdfab so i got it to try out and have not been able to complete a dvd clone on my laptop everytime the disc ejects i get the BSOD also tech support hasnt been much help.

any idea when this is going to get fixed ???

Comment

When your computer gets fixed!!!
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            When your computer gets fixed!!!
                            Huh? Many different laptops all brand new with bluray drives. It's not a matter of needing to fix the computer.

alanbs,

I am also able to burn to an external USB drive, but it BSOD's if I try to copy and burn with the internal drive.

I haven't tried to see what would happen if I copy and burn with just the external drive. I wonder what would happen then?

Comment

I would suggest it is some driver or hardware incompatibility with all the internal drives, ie something non-standard.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Would you please post the Memory.dump file where it is in %SystemRoot%\Minidump
                                And sure that your system have set Kernel memory dump.
                                How to check this?
                                Please do below steps: run sysdm.cpl -> Advanced -> Settings(Startup and Recovery) -> Kernel memory dump (Write debugging info).

Thanks,
                                Potti
                                Last edited by Potti; 11-09-2011, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X