Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is DVDFab 8 going to be phased out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCleaner dose not protect you computer in any way while online.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      CCleaner dose not protect you computer in any way while online.
      I just meant it notifies me when an update is available, as you were talking about.

As you would know it only cleans my computer when I run it, which I do frequently, I rely now on MSE and (paid for) Malwarebytes for real time protection.

I originally purchased DVDFab many years ago just to remove the protection and back up my own personal bought DVDs, something I rarely do now so it is no problem for me to stay with 8 as long as I can, just wish DVDFab would continue to update 8, which is the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
        I just meant it notifies me when an update is available, as you were talking about.

As you would know it only cleans my computer when I run it, which I do frequently, I rely now on MSE and (paid for) Malwarebytes for real time protection.

I originally purchased DVDFab many years ago just to remove the protection and back up my own personal bought DVDs, something I rarely do now so it is no problem for me to stay with 8 as long as I can, just wish DVDFab would continue to update 8, which is the topic.
        Your right I said all I have to say in my previous post.
        It is up to Fengtao and I stand by his decision.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          It is up to Fengtao and I stand by his decision.
          Well so do I, we have to, I just wish Fengtao or someone else from DVDFab could give us some idea how much longer they will provide updates to 8???

Comment

Well so do I, we have to, I just wish Fengtao or someone else from DVDFab could give us some idea how much longer they will provide updates to 8???
            i'd like to know this too!

Comment

What is the concern with keeping 8 updated?
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                What is the concern with keeping 8 updated?
                are there gonna be any more updates for it?
                just wondering if 8 is done as i have yet to make the upgrade to 9

Comment

I can't say for sure, that's up to fengtao, but I'm assuming that version 8 is now finished. Frankly I hope that it is, I would rather see resources focused on version 9.

My advice is learn to use version 9, it is easy, and then you'll always be able to use 8.2.2.6 by ripping the full disk to the HDD with 9 and then using the folder as the source with 8. Passkey is another way.

Albert Einstein

Comment

v8 is already being phased out, many new features are in v9 only. The updates for v8 are for bug fixes or DVD decryption. I have not heard a firm date for how long they will continue, but I would not expect much longer.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok thanks.
                      honestly, dvd decryption is my only real concern, no interest in blue ray yet.

will have to see how it works out, the machine i rip with has never been online.
                      i always download update to usb drive and install on other machine. just praying it won't freak out when i plug it in

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        I can't say for sure, that's up to fengtao, but I'm assuming that version 8 is now finished. Frankly I hope that it is, I would rather see resources focused on version 9.

My advice is learn to use version 9, it is easy, and then you'll always be able to use 8.2.2.6 by ripping the full disk to the HDD with 9 and then using the folder as the source with 8. Passkey is another way.
                        As I have pointed out before I, and obviously many other owners of DVDFab software, are not happy needing to go on line just to use 9, something we have never had to do before.

For this reason many of us want to stay with 8 as long as possible.

Comment

Regestering ver 9

I currently have ver 8 and want to download ver 9 but I don't understand the instructions or process:

"update to DVDFab 9 for FREE, without paying again. Just use the e-mail account and password at DVDFab Member Center to register DVDFab 9 online".

After I load ver 9 then what?

Comment

As I have pointed out before ....
                            Yes, you have made this point many times, it does not make it more effective to keep re-stating it and you have about reached the limit.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

je6ff, go here: http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm and create an account. You must use the email address you used when you purchased DVDFab, select any password you want. When version 9 asks for registration use the email address and the password you selected for your account - this is not the forum password.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by je6ff View Post
                                I currently have ver 8 and want to download ver 9 but I don't understand the instructions or process:

"update to DVDFab 9 for FREE, without paying again. Just use the e-mail account and password at DVDFab Member Center to register DVDFab 9 online".

After I load ver 9 then what?
                                Post a new thead next time, instead of posting in one on a different subject, it confuses the forum search engine.

Use the "Create Account" link on the Member Center page on the DVDFab website. Respond to the confirmation email. After installing v9, a box will pop up to register it online using the email address and password that you used to create the Member account.

Comment

Working...
                                X