Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is DVDFab 8 going to be phased out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone appears to have deleted my post frpm earlier today, can NOT begin to understand why???

I was just adding to the post by pointing out that there is a new update today for 8 hopefully more to come.

Comment

Please don't shoot the messenger

but I find it a bit ironic that Fab have gone down the path of this online thing to try and protect their software from pirates while on the other hand the whole reason for their software in the first place is to circumvent others attempts to do the same. Surely they of all people must realise the futility of this. I was not surprised to find a couple of guys at work have fully functioning V9 (latest release as of a week ago) copies of Fab that they have definitely not paid for so obviously this latest attempt to secure their software from pirates is not working and yet seems to be pissing of many of their legit customers for various reasons. I mean no disrespect to the Fab team by this but merely telling it as it is.

Comment

Just heard back directly from DVDFab, good news is that they said 8 WILL be updated for some time yet of course do not know exactly how long some time is but GOOD news...........

Comment

FFS David, give it a breeak and get over it!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            FFS David, give it a breeak and get over it!!!
            I do NOT understand what on Earth is wrong with you.

Many owners of DVDFab software are keen to stay with 8, all I am doing is letting them know that although nobody from DVDFab has responded to this thread someone working at DVDFab has advised me that they WILL be providing updates to 8 for some time yet, which IS the topic of this thread.

I am trying to help others, what are you doing.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with me other than getting tired of your continual commenting that you wish to keep using V8 forever.

The owners of V8 do not want to keep using it! The big bitch is the checking of registration online whenever V9 is started. To me this is a non-issue as I very rarely do not have access to the internet.

I can see both sides of the argument though, and suggest that you would better spend your time trying to get Fengtao to see your and others point of view.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                There is nothing wrong with me other than getting tired of your continual commenting that you wish to keep using V8 forever.

The owners of V8 do not want to keep using it! The big bitch is the checking of registration online whenever V9 is started. To me this is a non-issue as I very rarely do not have access to the internet.

I can see both sides of the argument though, and suggest that you would better spend your time trying to get Fengtao to see your and others point of view.
                This is what this thread is about, people wanting to stay with 8, as I do.

I have found over the years that when I am making DVDs it is better to be off line, therefore it is a nuisance IF I am having to go on line just to start DVDFab 9 then go off line again.

We are trying to get Fengtao to do something about it, via this thread and I have emailed him directly, have not heard from him on this thread or had an answer to my email, my previous post was just letting everyone know that someone at DVDFab told me via email that they WILL be updating 8 for some time yet.

My posts are purely to advise others and help others.

Yours are just whinging about me.

Comment

ditto

I rarely find the need to post here but felt the need in this case. I too have been using dvdfab for years and am also a bit tired of hearing about having to go online to use v9. The few that have a problem with it have expressed their feelings.

IMHO if you spent some of the time and energy you spend on this subject stepping into the present and making it a non issue you'd be way better off.

jus' sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Garry E View Post
                    but I find it a bit ironic that Fab have gone down the path of this online thing to try and protect their software from pirates while on the other hand the whole reason for their software in the first place is to circumvent others attempts to do the same. Surely they of all people must realise the futility of this. I was not surprised to find a couple of guys at work have fully functioning V9 (latest release as of a week ago) copies of Fab that they have definitely not paid for so obviously this latest attempt to secure their software from pirates is not working and yet seems to be pissing of many of their legit customers for various reasons. I mean no disrespect to the Fab team by this but merely telling it as it is.
                    You mean as you see it. DVDFab lets user exercise their Fair Use rights, not the same thing at all. This thread has gone on long enough.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X