Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exact same problem with 9.1.0.6 - won't work on XP

Comment

I'm not having any issues on my XP computers at all. I had an issue back in version 8qt and it turned out to be an issue with my Nvidia drivers. I uninstalled DvdFab and the Nvidia drivers,ran Ccleaner, installed the newest drivers and reinstalled DvdFab and it's been fine ever since.
      Last edited by Frankster91; 11-15-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie13 View Post
        exact same problem with 9.1.0.6 - won't work on XP
        What nvidia card (model) do you have installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
          What nvidia card (model) do you have installed?
          As shown in my DirectX Display graphic above, it's NVIDIA GeForce 6200. I just updated to the latest recommended driver but that didn't help.As shown in my DirectX Display graphic above, it's NVIDIA GeForce 6200. I just updated to the latest recommended driver but that didn't help.

Comment

I mean no disrespect to the Dev's, but I think this has fall'n on deaf ears, this has been a problem since 9.0.6.5, we are now at 9.1.0.6 and the problem is still there. Every one says up grade your Windows version, I'm a little disappointed I would have to do this as 9.0.6.3 works so well, it couldn't be that with all these changes that have been made, that someone made a mistake in programming or are all of our XP versions the culprit, I don't think so!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Frankster91 View Post
              I'm not having any issues on my XP computers at all. I had an issue back in version 8qt and it turned out to be an issue with my Nvidia drivers. I uninstalled DvdFab and the Nvidia drivers,ran Ccleaner, installed the newest drivers and reinstalled DvdFab and it's been fine ever since.
              Thanks very much for that info. I might try your procedure, although version 9.0.6.3 and former work fine on my XP computer. Only later versions have a problem...

Do version(s) later than 9.0.6.3 work OK on any of your XP computers? Which one(s)?
              Do they have .NET installed? If so what version(s)?
              Do they have MS Silverlight installed?
              Any other special software installed that might be needed?

Comment

As shown in my DirectX Display graphic above, it's NVIDIA GeForce 6200. I just updated to the latest recommended driver but that didn't help.As shown in my DirectX Display graphic above, it's NVIDIA GeForce 6200. I just updated to the latest recommended driver but that didn't help.
                Do you have the Nvidia System tool installed? If you have an older version of it, it could cause problems as well.

Comment

Thanks very much for that info. I might try your procedure, although version 9.0.6.3 and former work fine on my XP computer. Only later versions have a problem...

Do version(s) later than 9.0.6.3 work OK on any of your XP computers? Which one(s)?
                  Do they have .NET installed? If so what version(s)?
                  Do they have MS Silverlight installed?
                  Any other special software installed that might be needed?
                  I'm running the latest version of Fab.
                  I have .Net installed version 2 through latest release.
                  Silverlight is installed.

Comment

Not sure if this will help you but this is what I did to correct my issue.

(Make sure you have your Reg key) Also check Windows Task Manager to make sure there is nothing Fab related still running, this will prevent it from uninstalling correctly. You may have to force kill it. I had more than 3 instances of it that kept coming back up and had to keep killing it until it stopped.

I uninstalled DvdFab. Rebooted.

I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers. Rebooted.

I uninstalled the Nvidia System tool.(If you have it but its not needed) Rebooted.

I defraged the hard drive.

Installed Newer Nvidia Drivers. Rebooted.

Installed a newer version of the Nvidia System Tool.(not needed but thats what I had. Rebooted.

I ran a search in the registry and removed any and everything related to DvdFab.Rebooted

I ran CCleaner and removed anything that it found related to DvdFab and other needless files. Make sure you have it set to clean the Prefetch as well or do it manually from Windows Explorer. Went into Windows Explorer and removed anything DvdFab related. Rebooted.

Redownloaded DvdFab and verified the MD5.

Installed DvdFab and re-registered it.
                    Last edited by Frankster91; 11-15-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, but before I can proceed need to know...

Do you have a version later than 9.0.6.3 installed on a XP computer and working OK?

If so, which version?

Comment

Thanks, but before I can proceed need to know...

Do you have a version later than 9.0.6.3 installed on a XP computer and working OK?

If so, which version?
                        Yes, I'm running 9106. I forgot to mention to disable your antivirus before installing the drivers and Fab. May cause an issue especially with the Nvidia drivers.

Comment

I have been running FAB since ver 3.0 and I am running XP and never have had a problem so perhaps it's on your end and not FAB's which is causing the problem
                          Paid Not To Work
                          US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                          Proudly Served On
                          USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                          6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                            I have been running FAB since ver 3.0 and I am running XP and never have had a problem so perhaps it's on your end and not FAB's which is causing the problem
                            Yes, that seems to be the case, now identifying the culprit is the next step. Do you have Silverlight and the latest .NET installed on your XP computer? Do you have Nvidia drivers? What antivirus are you using?

Comment

Yes, that seems to be the case, now identifying the culprit is the next step. Do you have Silverlight and the latest .NET installed on your XP computer? Do you have Nvidia drivers? What antivirus are you using?
                              It may but I don't think Silverlight has anything to cause your issue. I do have all the .net updates except for that blasted .net4 profiles update. It made all my XP boxes extremely slow to boot and sluggish. I uninstalled it and hid it in windows update. It also slowed down my Vista boxes but it had no problems on my Windows 7 boxes.

Comment

@Frankster91

You say to "Make sure you have your Reg key", but I have no key. I'm using the free trial version. Does that make any difference?

Where did you find the MD5 checksums for the download(s)? I looked but couldn't find them.

Comment

Working...
                                X