No announcement yet.

DVDFab 9 problems with Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pull the card and try again, if nothing else it'll rule out the NVidia graphics.

Comment

I've never had an issue with it trying to reinstall automatically, at least without an option to cancel. Trying to remove them in Safe Mode didn't work?

Nvidia System Tools is an optional download, thats why I said if you have it but its not needed. It's mainly for people with Nforce chipsets but can be used with discrete graphics and offers some special tools. I don't think they even update it anymore..

I don't have XP64 bit, only my Win 7 and 8 boxes have the 64bit. My XP boxes are all 32bit.

I still think it's an issue with the Nvidia drivers. When I had my issue, I had two identical computer builds. Both had the same software, drivers, hardware, bio's and firmware versions. Fab would run on one and not the other. After doing all I stated in my earlier posts, it (Fab) worked and has been fine all the way through to the current release.

Have you thought about using a driver cleaner to maybe help get those drivers off? At least then we could rule out the Nvidia driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie13 View Post
        The XP box came with video graphics sharing the RAM memory, no separate video card. Somebody talked me into getting this Nvidia card a couple of years ago to try to speedup Firefox. The improvement was only slight, if any, and I was never sold on it. Firefox is still slow anyway. Maybe I'll jerk it out...(?)...but if DVDFab for XP was compiled only for recent high end graphics, I'm sunk anyway. This thing is 10 years old.
        My card is an 7800GSOC and is pretty old as well but works great. So you have an Nforce chipset with integrated graphic and a discrete card?

Comment

I would do like Martythebrit suggested and pull the card. Id uninstall the drivers but not reboot and then delete it through device manager and shut down and pull it out.
          Last edited by Frankster91; 11-16-2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

It would be helpful to know what you have?

processor type, chipset, graphics (integrated and discrete)
            motherboard, os version 32 or 64bit.

Comment

9.1.4.0 works with XP but very slowly

I'm delighted to find that the latest 9.1.4.0 version installs and runs on my XP computer, so the CUDA GPU fix worked! I have a NVIDIA Geforce 6200 card.

There is also a special patch that had to install (as notified by the 9.1.4.0 installer) because my processor does not have SSE4.2.

Unfortunately it runs very slowly and uses 100% of processor, making computer sluggish, so I had to lower priority. Something is not right yet...

For example I tested copy of a simple unencrypted unprotected single layer movie (4.7GB) and it takes about an hour simply to copy it from disk to hard drive folder. It should only take about 5 minutes at most. The maximum copy rate is about 1 MB/s which should be 20-30x faster. It's as if it were using the non-DMA speed of my IDE optical drives, but I reset them manually to DMA so that doesn't seem to be the cause.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X