No announcement yet.

Freezes my PC solid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe? I've got the Nvidia 980 and it works a treat.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Good for you

Comment

tried updating / rolling back to the previously installed driver ??

Comment

For those who have the gtx980, (90312)I would like to know which video driver they are using? which OS? and the list of Services running.
          That would help me very much, thank you

Comment

Windows 7 Pro, drivers 353.30.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Update

If anyone is interested, I have found the solution.
              Let me know if you have that problem.
              Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by ve2dgz View Post
                If anyone is interested, I have found the solution.
                Let me know if you have that problem.
                Pierre
                How about posting your solution here?
                I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Here is my solution.
                  Kill an Intel service called "ncs2prov".
                  It came from an Intel install, can not confirm which. But it was located in my Program files under Intel and NCS2.
                  Searching the web for ncs2 didn't help. This is what I got:

"ncs2prov.exe is a NCS2Prov belonging to Intel (R) PROSet for Windows* Device Manager from Intel(R) Corporation Non-system processes like ncs2prov.exe originate from software you installed on your system."

It appears to be related to the LAN on the MB. I have an Asus Max VII.
                  That process didn't do anything useful because everything is working fine since then.
                  Cheers,

Comment

Thanks for posting it. It does not exist on my Win7 64 machine.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's on my W10 Prox64 system, but everything is fine with me. Corrupted file maybe?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Additional info for that problem:

1. problem re-occurred on my Setup so went back to the drawing board...;
                        2. found out it was related again with some Intel Chipset file tied to the Disks on the PC;

Possible solution for you:
                        I went to the Device Manager and looked at the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers listed there: there were a number of ATA Channel from 0 to 5. Did not touch that. There was also Standard AHCI1.0 Serial ATA Controller 3 times plus Intel Chipset 9 blabla (can't remember the exact wording).
                        Here is the important thing:
                        I deleted the Intel Chipset 9 blabla, rebooted a few times for Win7 to re-recognize the HDD/SDD's and install a new Controller file: Serial ATA Controller.
                        So under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, I now have:
                        ATA Channel 0 (3), ATA Channel 1 (3), ATA Channel 3 (1), ATA Channel 4 (1), ATA Channel 5 (1),
                        Standard AHCI1.0 Serial ATA Controller (3 times).
                        There is no Intel Chipset mention in there and did a number of refresh of the PC to verify that Windows will not re-install it...

The beauty of the thing is that DVDFab works flawlessly and that my hotplug for Sata drivers works so much better than before (no more delays).

I should mention that the MB is an ASUS VII Maximus Formula.

I hope this might be useful to someone else also.
                        Cheers,
                        Pierre
                        Forward Message
                        Attached Files

Comment

Pierre
                          Thanks very much for updating this thread, I am sure it will help someone. This was probably part of a driver package for something on your PC, possibly the motherboard or one of the drives. Glad it is OK now.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Why didn't I think of it sooner?

Ok for me anyways it may have been twofold, I turned off the turbo mode (don't think that was it but for now) and I was watching my CPU temps pushing 95C and my fan speed stuck at 3500RPM , then my system would lock up! I blew out the CPU fan and all of a sudden my fan speed goes from 3500RPM up to almost 6000RPM!

And I can make it through the entire process!

Comment

Working...
                            X