No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Master Topic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Build 14367 - DVDFab 9.3.0.4 not working. No log files created.
    Last edited by Theojt; 06-18-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      They may have a similar version, but according to earlier posts there will be updates with "..bug fixes and stability updates...", between now and then, so not really the same. As I said earlier, a moving target.
      DVDFab version 9.3.0.4 does not work either...

What operating system is not a moving target? You guys just released a fix for Windows Vista which was out of main stream support from Microsoft in April 2012 (over four years ago) and is due for end of life support in about 8 months meaning that Microsoft will no longer post patches or updates.

So you will work on issues for operating systems that are at the end of their life and not used by nearly the number of people using the current operating systems, but you won't address the issues with Windows 10?

Come on...Help us out here. This issue was reported 6 weeks ago and we have not seen any movement on it. Only excuses. A little transparency would be appreciated since you have locked down the application so none of the users can help to resolve. All we can do is report the issues using the early release. Then you chastise us for using the early release of Microsoft's operating system. Either you want our help or you don't. Give us something to work with or develop a solution already.

Comment

Windows vista

Eagleone, Actually windows vista will receive updates until april 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleOne View Post
          Come on...Help us out here. This issue was reported 6 weeks ago and we have not seen any movement on it. Only excuses.
          It seems that M$ is trying their hardest to update DRM coding to try and keep programs like DVDFab from working. That means it is probably going to be very difficult to work around the issues. Easier to fix Vista support because it doesn't have these DRM issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVideo View Post
            It seems that M$ is trying their hardest to update DRM coding to try and keep programs like DVDFab from working. That means it is probably going to be very difficult to work around the issues. Easier to fix Vista support because it doesn't have these DRM issues.
            I think this is correct, if you look at my earlier post this backfired on a couple of M$ apps in build 14342 and corrected in the next build. They originally planned to do this in Win 8 but looks like they waited until now.

Comment

MediaPlayer

I just had to realize that also the DVDFab Mediaplayer is concerned by this issue!

By the way, I just did a little test with my former software from the competitor Sly..... Surprisingly, this old thing still works! Unfortunately, without further support.
              Last edited by Dieter; 06-20-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieter View Post
                I just had to realize that also the DVDFab Mediaplayer is concerned by this issue!

By the way, I just did a little test with my former software from the competitor Sly..... Surprisingly, this old thing still works! Unfortunately, without further support.
                competitor now redfox and it is supported and still working under preview. All DVDfab programs are not working....dvdfab,mediaplayer,passkey. Question: Is dvdfab ect. working anywhere under new previews? I.E. based on location?
                Fake16

Comment

Originally posted by alanlberry View Post
                  competitor now redfox and it is supported and still working under preview. All DVDfab programs are not working....dvdfab,mediaplayer,passkey. Question: Is dvdfab ect. working anywhere under new previews? I.E. based on location?
                  I know about redfox, however decided to switch to DVDFab. Now all this problems!

Comment

Latest release DVDFab 9.3.0.5 still doesn't work on Windows 10 Build 14367.

Comment

Do we have any visibility for the possible fix and it's schedule?

Comment

Virtual Drive

A very small Highlight! DVDFab Virtual Drive still works!
                        Last edited by Dieter; 06-22-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Latest release DVDFab 9.3.0.5 still doesn't work on Windows 10 Build 14371.

Comment

Originally posted by Theojt View Post
                            Latest release DVDFab 9.3.0.5 still doesn't work on Windows 10 Build 14371.
                            Forecast:

No Win 10 support until 9.4.x.

As it is I'm just out a couple hundred bucks, no biggie.

Comment

I am running DVDFab 9.3.0.5 on Windows 10 x64 build 14371, I too have the same issue where the splash page show ups and then goes away. Event logs do show some data but not sure what it means and/or what to do.

Faulting application name: DVDFab.exe, version: 9.3.0.5, time stamp: 0x5763a7ec
                              Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
                              Exception code: 0xc0000005
                              Fault offset: 0xc2307dbd
                              Faulting process id: 0x1b68
                              Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ccd6e7514952
                              Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe
                              Faulting module path: unknown
                              Report Id: b3566e1c-3290-474e-8189-e6956b1d204c
                              Faulting package full name:
                              Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

What does M$ say about this? It's on them, I use fab with v1511 everyday almost and nary an issue. If software won't run on their beta OS they should correct the OS.
                                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                                Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X