No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Master Topic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed - still not working on Windows Builds 14342/14352, DVDFab Version 9.3.0.0.

Wilson
    If I understand correctly, DVDFab is looking for the "best Intel hardware API to use" when it fails. Would it be possible to provide a patched version of DVDFab that forces the most common hardware API and bypasses the check until it can be properly supported? That way we could be working once again and you could take whatever time necessary to properly implement the most effective use of the hardware.

I am perfectly happy with a working copy of DVDFab that might not be optimized vs waiting an undetermined amount of time for some future release.

As always, thanks very much for your efforts.

Comment

I just downloaded Passkey lite, it also will not run on 14352.

Comment

Same problem here. Last few updates (now at 9.3.0.0) do not even launch in Windows 10 Preview.

Comment

They are working on this.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            They are working on this.
            I'm glad to hear it. I happily beta tested DVDFAB, decided to buy lifetime licenses to copy and rip, THEN decided it would be a great time to let Windows do that update it wanted.

Comment

LOL timing is everything.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Any ideas on when a resolution may be available? I tried running ProcMon to see if I could identify what was causing the crash, but DVDFab just reported back that it could not launch because a monitoring application was running.

So much for trying to help in identifying the root cause.

Comment

The staff is working on 14342 and 14352, they have machines set up with both. No estimate of availability.

Comment

I just tried installing the new 9.3.0.1 beta release that came out today. Still does not resolve the issue on Windows 10.

I wish I could tell the people that pay me that I am working on a problem but have no ETA. I think I would be out of a job pretty quickly.

Like you said...Timing is Everything.

Comment

You might have to if your customers go changing things completely outside your control, they might just have to wait.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by EagleOne View Post
                        I just tried installing the new 9.3.0.1 beta release that came out today. Still does not resolve the issue on Windows 10.

I wish I could tell the people that pay me that I am working on a problem but have no ETA. I think I would be out of a job pretty quickly.

Like you said...Timing is Everything.
                        If you're having a problem then you're running Insider Preview. Microsoft already told you it may have unforeseen issues being on the cutting edge. It's not DVDFab's fault that it doesn't run nor does it require them to roll out an update lickety-split. If anything, we Insider Previewers are the beta-testing team for DVDFab...which means we get to catch all the issues first and wait the longest for solutions.

Comment

It is the price of the early adopter.

Comment

I'd agree - mostly. When any project or effort lags behind, the very best thing you can do for your advocates is to communicate status often to them- that's the piece that is lacking.

I am the OP - and I reported this issue on 5/16. It wasn't until I saw signals' post on 6/2 that anything tangible was stated - prior to that, we only got generic statements that provided no real information - "its being worked on", "will be fixed in future versions....". I know things are in flux, however communications like this helps us decide whether we can/want to wait or move to something different as an interim work-around. We all understand that these things happen, especially with beta/preview versions. It's how you handle it that matters.

Please - keep us posted! Good luck in your efforts.
                            Last edited by Theojt; 06-06-2016, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Just tried installing full release 9.3.0.3 and the problem still exists. Any updates on a possible resolution?

Comment

Just upgraded to Build #14361 and the issue remains. In July The Win 10 anniversary update will be released to everyone and from what I have read, it will be basically this windows build.

Comment

Working...
                                X