This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
    For gosh sake, 10 is plenty, this program is meant for a backup of an original, I cant see anyone ever buying 10 new movies a day to backup, this is absolutely fair. If someone didn't post it, I never would have ever realized it. I actually like it, it makes sure people are not abusing the program for personal profit and thereby giving the program a bad name. I think its absolutely fair.
    I might be the exception, I'm a quadriplegic and have nothing to do but work with the computer. (Thank you Dragon) Me and Amazon to become great friends, and sometimes I tend to purchase quite a few of once. As of yet I have not run into the 10 disc limit, but I could see it happening with TV series and such.

I purposely key in the metadata when I can to slow me down, but if I wasn't doing this I could easily overrun the 10 disc limit.

Instead of imposing a daily limit, have you considered imposing like an hourly limit or something like that. This way of people accidentally overrun the 10 disc limit they know they can wait a period of time shorter than a full day and get done what they need to do.

Comment

For gosh sake, 10 is plenty, this program is meant for a backup of an original, I cant see anyone ever buying 10 new movies a day to backup, this is absolutely fair. If someone didn't post it, I never would have ever realized it. I actually like it, it makes sure people are not abusing the program for personal profit and thereby giving the program a bad name. I think its absolutely fair.
      This is not fair at all why should i be limited to 10 per day because the company will not buy the extra bandwidth to handle the Cinavia modules something I could care less about but bought and one movie takes a gig or more to download.

This should be posted on the Home page where folks buy the program not doing so is deceptive like buying a car and the dealership forgets to tell you it will shut down after 50 miles of driving to save on carbon emissions please try again tomorrow.

All I see are excuses period and don't remove my post please I have a valid point I want what I paid for I can run two instances of fab on my pc ripping Blurays to a other Video format when I have the time and my time is Money.

If I want to do 100 a day to get through my purchased bulk lots I should be able too period this is just BS.

If dvdfab were to do a better job of protecting the program from hackers they would see their server bandwidth go down dramatically.

Some food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
        This is not fair at all why should i be limited to 10 per day because the company will not buy the extra bandwidth to handle the Cinavia modules something I could care less about but bought and one movie takes a gig or more to download.

This should be posted on the Home page where folks buy the program not doing so is deceptive like buying a car and the dealership forgets to tell you it will shut down after 50 miles of driving to save on carbon emissions please try again tomorrow.

All I see are excuses period and don't remove my post please I have a valid point I want what I paid for I can run two instances of fab on my pc ripping Blurays to a other Video format when I have the time and my time is Money.

If I want to do 100 a day to get through my purchased bulk lots I should be able too period this is just BS.

If dvdfab were to do a better job of protecting the program from hackers they would see their server bandwidth go down dramatically.

Some food for thought.
        I'll tell you what bullcrap is,48 a day if you worked 12 hours a day, thats allowing 15 min each for a disc. I would call that a job not backing up for your own pleasure. So I suggest you deal with it.
        Last edited by Chameleon; 07-16-2017, 04:59 PM.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I believe the current 10 Blu-ray disc daily limit is more than enough for normal usage.

The only way I could see this being an issue is if you are a new user. Let's say you have 400 Blu-rays and you have just purchased the DVDFab software. It would not be unrealistic to want to spend the weekend backing up several Blu-rays until you are caught up. Even then with the limitation of only 10 a day you could just start out with your favorites first and then move on from there.

Just a suggestion but since DVDFab uses your account information to enforce this limitation maybe they could allow new users to do a larger daily quantity during the first 30 days to help them get up to speed with the initial backup of their collection. Another suggestion would be that maybe DVDFab could allow you to purchase additional credits that would allow you to do a larger daily quantity (could be another source of revenue). This doesn't affect me personally as I only deal with DVDs. I just thought I would throw a couple of ideas out there.

One thing for certain is that this should be stated somewhere (either on the purchase web page or in the license agreement, if it isn't already) since a person has the right to know this before making a purchase.

Comment

I'll tell you what bullcrap is,48 a day if you worked 12 hours a day, thats allowing 15 min each for a disc. I would call that a job not backing up for your own pleasure. So I suggest you deal with it.
            I would call doing it while I do other things when I have the time off and am at home.

Comment

I have a specific example of how it inconveniences me!

I tend to purchase my BluRays from local pawn shops - people will bring in entire movie collections, and they'll turn around and sell them for cheap (i.e. $2 to $4 a piece). When they stock them, they tend to go fast. Because of this, I'll usually buy 20 or 30 movies in a trip - I'll only do this maybe once or twice a month, but I do do it often enough. The problem is that the local pawn shop chain has a 24-hour return policy, so I have to power through the stack of BDs rather quick to make sure that none are scratched and can be backed up successfully because I'll usually get two or three that have a fatal scratch and have to be returned. I've even bought a second BD drive to make sure that I can get through the stack in 24 hours.

By having a limit of 10 per day, I cannot verify that all the discs are recoverable before the 24-hour return policy. Also, buying only 10 in a visit isn't only inconvenient, but because of the way that the movies are priced, they'll only stay on the shelf for a day or two - if you don't buy all the ones you want when you are there, they wont be there the next day.

Comment

Well, the 10 copy restriction gave the posters over on the slysoft forum something to talk about anyway . . . but then bashing DVDFab is a favorite pastime over there. Does this restriction also apply to Passkey? The 10 copy/day restriction is not an inconvenience to this user.

Comment

It does apply to Passkey. I am a Passkey user and had it pop up recently.

Comment

;I often buy 2 tv show seasons on amazon to get to the 35$ free shipping mark. This will typically bump the 10 copy limit.

A 15 limit would be fine with me, since my computer would not process them any faster anyway. A 15 limit would probably only affect users trying to use it on multiple computers.

Comment

Hey Rich,
                      It always has been. Ask them how they are liking those second lifetime licenses they had to buy. The current limit does indeed apply to Passkey.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by jessica.olson View Post
                        By having a limit of 10 per day, I cannot verify that all the discs are recoverable before the 24-hour return policy.
                        Use ImgBurn and make an ISO of each disc. If it fails, put it in the return stack. If not, put it in the good stack. Delete the ISO file. Yes, ImgBurn will complain about the disc being copy protected. You do not care. You just want to copy the bits, as you are not keeping the ISO that is written.

Comment

You could also use the free tool VSO inspector to do a surface and file test of each disk though I am not sure if its faster than making a iso try both see whats faster.

Comment

That's what I ultimately do - rip the ISOs using ImgBurn and store those on my media center. I'm not going to spend an entire night in to run these discs through once and then have to spend another couple nights running them through AGAIN because Passkey would only let me decrypt 10 of them per day. I'm only in the business of sitting in front of my computer when I have to, not doing work twice.

The reality is that I was getting ready to purchase the full DVDFab AIO Bundle - I want to re-encode my entire collection into standard def so that I can simply toss a 4TB Passport into my backpack with all my movies when I go away for the weekend (32TB is not practical to lug around, and the family always seems to want to watch a movie I didn't put on the thumb drive). However, with this change, I'm not quite feeling comfortable dropping a few hundred bucks on a product from a company that suddenly places an arbitrary limit on a product that I paid a hundred bucks for under the understanding that there wasn't a limit.

If DVDFab was saying "Hey, our servers are really under load as of late. We're buying more servers, but we don't have any choice but to temporarily limit the number of discs you can do. We apologize for this limitation and will be removing it as soon as we have the new capacity in place", I'd be more understanding. Or grandfather in those of us who bought it when there was no limit but limit new users because they are aware of the limitation.

To be brutally honest, I would've bought from the other guys had I been informed that a limit may be placed on the product in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              There is indeed a limit now (10 discs, applies only to BDs), designed to provide better service for all users. With all the decryption data for most BDs now being supplied by the servers, along with registration data and Cinavia Removal repair files (BD and DVD now as well) it was necessary to place a ceiling on daily use. Some users were doing 60+ discs per day! How can there be a legitimate reason for so many? I can't imagine, but I know that whatever the reason, such a load slowed down service for everyone, even crashing the servers on a few occasions. With the new limit, the product will start faster and will get the data it needs from the server faster, to the benefit of all.

While this may occasionally inconvenience a user such as yourself with the time to undertake such a big project in a day, the average user (1-5 discs per day) will see improved performance. I hope everyone can understand the reasoning.

Note also that:
                              • If you open the same disc more than once, it only counts as one use.
                              So how exactly does this algorithm work? Does it start at midnight and count from there. When does the counter reset?

I came across this error message yesterday after ripping two discs overnight (starting at about 7pm on Monday night) and each disc takes about 7-8 hours (h.265) then on Tuesday I copied an entire disc and then started to rip the ISO. I inserted another disc to rip and got the error message. Not even close to 10 discs. So how exactly does this limit work?

I just bought a bunch Criterion box sets (Barnes and Noble and Amazon yearly sale) and have been ripping them to my NAS and this limit is not a deal breaker but is annoying when I'm trying to slog through a bunch of discs.

Can you please explain exactly how this works and what counts and what doesn't count and when the counter starts and stops.

And how about all those times your servers are down and we can't connect...do we get bonus discs to make up for lost time? Seems like you are punishing the majority for the "crimes" of the few.

Comment

shmn,
                                Please read post #2 in this thread, it is the most complete explanation that is available. Only BDs count, and the same BD opened again the same day does not count.
                                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                                X